Daz Are Gen3 still worth it to use?

Sep 3, 2022
Objectively speaking, it's obvious. Either way, here's your money. All Victoria, right out of the box with minor Translucency Weight Adjustments:

Yes. If you don't plan to do ANYTHING at all. No hair, no light, old skins, NOTHING? Sure then it's totally obvious. And that is worthless information. Because it's totally obvious ;) (y) but thanks.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Yes. If you don't plan to do ANYTHING at all. No hair, no light, old skins, NOTHING? Sure then it's totally obvious. And that is worthless information. Because it's totally obvious ;) (y) but thanks.
No light? Why do you think you can see anything at all? Of course, it's lit. They're called spotlights.

The amount of goalpost shifting here is entertaining. Nobody ever said anything about hair, clothes, etc. All I said is that the quality of 8.1 and 9 are objectively far better and was told to put the money where my mouth is. Which I did. Right out of the box, which is more than telling. The fact that you can tell they're obviously better with no additional touches is exactly my point. Hair, etc. would only further highlight those differences.

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Open the pictures up and take a real look, bottom one has actual skin indentations and flaws like real skin
but sure if you're just gonna add a bright face light much of the detail is irrelevant

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Why do you loose your time ? Will we are far to have an exemplary behavior, there's something to learn from no__name and me: Don't care about obvious trolls unless your drunk or tired.

Of course, one can have good visual with a Genesis 3 model, in the same way that some make amazing sculptures out of Lego bricks. And so what ?

Since we are with gen 3, what am i missing? This is Edna.
The eyelashes texture.

Sep 3, 2022
Open the pictures up and take a real look, bottom one has actual skin indentations and flaws like real skin
but sure if you're just gonna add a bright face light much of the detail is irrelevant
Both V8.1 and v9 load at a higher subD. So they definitely have more details right out of the box. I suppose the point they are better is fair enough. But I wouldn't say g3 v7 are a waste of time either. It really doesn't take much to make them look nice.

Reactions: EchoFoxtrot

EchoFoxtrot

"Wholesome Violence or Violently Wholesome"
Game Developer
Sep 5, 2018
Both V8.1 and v9 load at a higher subD. So they definitely have more details right out of the box. I suppose the point they are better is fair enough. But I wouldn't say g3 v7 are a waste of time either. It really doesn't take much to make them look nice.
No they aren't a waste of time. It depends on your point of view.

Are you starting a project that will span a year or more in development and many events for the character. You'd want good ones to be your mains characters.

For the waitress you look at in 10 renders a lesser model is just fine.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Yeah, i kind of agree. It's all about compromise.
I mean, you need fillers. Some do have a function. Others maybe not.
I think 3 looks alright and can be look great too. For my main character i would stay with 8. There is just much more available. I wonder, if the 3 assets were all deleted of this is what was available.
Anyway, there are some characters for Gen3 that are what i am looking for. And as a bonus, they are also not taxing the system to much.
But since i am a hack of sorts, i am getting used to work arounds.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
To be honest I don't mind trolls, I'm one myself. Daily internet lol.
I strongly dislike troll aimed at the wrong people. Sour taste tho.

Last edited: