Are you allowed to resubmit a game?

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
Hey everyone! Yeah I know, I keep asking dumb question after dumb question. But yeah, just wanted to double check. If you submit a game and the moderators delete the request, are you still allowed to resubmit it?

Just curious, and who knows, maybe this thread will come in handy for a future developer later. :)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Why did they delete it? If you've fixed the reason why they were deleted in the first place, then yeah, you should be able to.

Unless it was deleted due to Rule 7 (you'll need a patch, iirc.), or something of that sort, then I don't think so.

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
Why did they delete it? If you've fixed the reason why they were deleted in the first place, then yeah, you should be able to.

Unless it was deleted due to Rule 7 (you'll need a patch, iirc.), or something of that sort, then I don't think so.
Idk, I'm just waiting to hear back from them, and I guess I'm just a bit nervous. But okay, for sure, and thanks for the info! :)

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Idk, I'm just waiting to hear back from them, and I guess I'm just a bit nervous.
Waiting since how many time ? And are you sure that the request have been deleted, not moved in the "game" section ?

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
First you need to actually submit a game, there is no game thread - deleted or live - made by you.

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
Waiting since how many time ? And are you sure that the request have been deleted, not moved in the "game" section ?
I posted it in the Game Request thread yesterday. So far, it hasn't been confirmed yet. Though, it has received two 'Haha' reactions.

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
First you need to actually submit a game, there is no game thread - deleted or live - made by you.
Well, I wanted to submit it, but it said I had insufficient privileges to post. So I put it in the game request thread. Is that procedure or am I, as I feared, just an idiot. :rolleyes:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Well, I wanted to submit it, but it said I had insufficient privileges to post. So I put it in the game request thread. Is that procedure or am I, as I feared, just an idiot. :rolleyes:
Did you followed the uploading rules ?

This said, there's something strange here, if the thread isn't approved yet, only moderators/staff members can see it. And I don't see one just reacting to it without validating it ; or reacting to it and refuse it.

redknight00 is it possible that the actual connection problems messed with the validation ?

Edit: By the way, you aren't an idiot, even if you did it wrong. It's not always easy to figure the way to submit a new game, and the actual connection issues don't help to have a clear view of all this.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
possible your post went into review you won't be able to see it only admin and moderators will see it

has it stated by a moderator that you didn't post anything of a sort of a game

so it is possible that your post have failed to post due to the site problems with connection errors

I would wait until the site is stable

Nov 21, 2020
How do I get my game to become a waiting and formatted game thread?
By using the format inside inside of the spoiler in that thread.

What you did was make a request for a game to be posted. You need to post the game yourself and then someone will move the thread to the games section.

Nothing Clever

Game Developer
Mar 22, 2021
You format it by editing it to follow those guidelines, so it resembles a game thread. Then you click on the posts report button to get it attention. Or just report it and ask for a thread to be made, at least posting a download would help though.
Okay, I followed those directions, and I think the post looks the way it's supposed to. Hopefully it will be good and get posted to games soon! :)

Reactions: TheBlueKnight