Ren'Py Daz Blender Art/Drawing skill

Arnaud

May 13, 2017
I'm sorry if this was already answered before but what I've found wasn't enough of an asnwer :/

So I was thinking of making a renpy game for fun and for the experience itself but I was never much of an artist :HideThePain:
Do I need to be good at drawing and all that stuff to make a game? And while I'm here, and the answer to the question is yes, do I have all the "guides" I need here in f95?

SliveEmerald

Sep 22, 2020
If you're going to be using DAZ for your art, you definitely don't need to be an artist in the traditional sense. However, that's not to say that there isn't a lot to learn when using DAZ, not even including technical stuff. Character posing, expressions and lighting are going to take a while to learn and benefits from an artist's understanding of lighting and anatomy. You can however make decent renders with a bit of extra time.

Also, use reference images for posing and expressions. It isn't cheating, traditional artists use them all the time and they can potentially help even a complete newbie make better renders than most of the people who dabble in 3d art. Plus using references for your renders can quickly increase the pace at which you learn concepts like anatomy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arnaud