Art question.

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
Hello, I would like some suggestions on how to make renders/ art as good as the image below. Any suggestions would be welcomed

CocoVC

Aug 10, 2018
I would read and watch photography tutorials. Then you will understand things like depth of field, creating a good composition, different types of lighting, and color theory. A lot of things from photography translate well in DAZ Studio.

Reactions: javikaston

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
I would read and watch photography tutorials. Then you will understand things like depth of field, creating a good composition, different types of lighting, and color theory. A lot of things from photography translate well in DAZ Studio.
thank you for your feedback

Crimson Delight Games

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2020
YouTube probably has a billion tutorials. Consider starting there, it'll shave months off the learning curve for anything you're trying to do. I recently had to service my bike and replace some parts on my own since many of the local shops are closed down due to covid - YouTube was a godsend.

Carrera

Jun 25, 2017
Go onto youtube, type in "how to make renders in whichever program you want to learn with" and hit the enter button and viola' 10,000 videos of tutorials from start to finish.

Ehh,, thinking about it, maybe you should use "how to make renders in Dazed" instead... Cause someone will use the former as a search term instead of the common sense.

Reactions: javikaston

tdree

Nov 16, 2017
1) Start here, it will give you a very good base of assets to start with:

2) Tutorials. Do not just watch them - try to do smth similar:
- (start with it)
- (very good one)
- (Advanced. Save it for later, you will know when it is time to study it)

3) Youtube (without any order, just channels where I had found at least some useful hints about things I struggled with):
- (daz3d)
- (daz3d + renpy)
- (daz3d)
- (daz3d)
- (because Master Ken is too op)
- (daz3d, dforce)
- (daz3d, 3d in general)
- (yes, this one is about Blender, but there is so much useful info about 3d in general here, that you should check it. Even if for some reason you hate Blender and dont want to learn at least basics of it)

4) Get yourself a separate .txt file (files) to store hints about ligthing\skin\etc. Don`t rely on your memory - you will forget whatever useful info you will find. Just write it down. Trust me.

5) Don`t use assets 'as is'. Especially environments. Rearrange items, add items from other assets, learn how to import .obi\.fbx files in Daz - there are a lot of free models in these formats ( , for example).

6) After you will get comfortable with Daz3d go here. Search for someone in need of 3d artist for free. Do renders for him for free as quick and as good as you can. Do as much as you can (100\200\300) until you`ll get bored with the game. This will boost you skills as hell. Don`t just disappear, thats rude. Tell the author that you are tired with the project and leaving it or whatever. Be professional :cool:.

7) At this point you should be perfectly able to do the render you mentioned.

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Is it a DAZ model? Are you sure?
Because it could be an original 3D model made in Zbrush/Maya/Substance Painter and rendered with Vray/Cycles. If this is the case, then it is probably impossible to recreate it in DAZ, no matter how hard you try.
Check the source of your image first.