Hasselnut

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
open world with locked paths isnt "metroidvania", thats like calling elden ring a 3rd person metroidvania. anything described as metroidvania is a platformer and has complex levels. you may have been inspired by it but its still not metroidvania. this is a mechanic in most open world games. a quick google search should also help.
wikipedia: "Metroidvania is a sub-genre of and/or focused on guided and utility-gated exploration and progression."
This game is focused on guided non-linearity and utility-gated exploration and progression.
Elden Ring is not.

also
always wikipedia:
These games usually feature a large interconnected world map the player can explore, although parts of the world will be inaccessible to the player until they acquire special items, tools, weapons, abilities, or knowledge within the game. Acquiring such improvements can also aid the player in defeating more difficult enemies and locating shortcuts and secret areas, and often includes retracing one's steps across the map.
While early examples were usually two-dimensional platform games, the term has since been applied to and games.

Looks like this game has everythinfg a metroidvania requires to be called metroidvania

artslaver

Mar 1, 2019
yeah pokemon was great when it had HMs I agree. Final Fantasy doesn't have it, unless you count airships and chocobos, which are only 2 "powers" and not 10+. SMT doesn't have it. Tales of series doesn't have it. Majority of western rpgs don't have it.
The game itself was designed to have as much metroidvania feels as possible
Still makes no sense, but you do you. Wish you well and hope you make more stuff.

10poo

Jan 3, 2023
Didn't know Artificial Blood had a game itself nice! I've seen the mini comics posted on Hasselnut's twitter and thought that was it, i'll give it a go :D

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hasselnut

Jahamahoist

Nov 19, 2017
Based on the 5th image, I can imagine there's going to be gay elements? Or will it be an option for the MC transforming into a girl?

_Grotest_

Aug 5, 2018
Looks interesting but I'll postpone playing it till dev cooks more updates. My personal hope is it won't go the netorase route instead of netorare. I would like to see how affection system gonna play out. 480b7a09-1088-413e-9f15-ee56bed92353.jpeg

Hasselnut

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
thats actually pretty good but i was teasing you about reclutable its recruitable
oh LMAO my bad, english is not my first language

Based on the 5th image, I can imagine there's going to be gay elements? Or will it be an option for the MC transforming into a girl?
there are gay scenes but avoidable like almost anything

Looks interesting but I'll postpone playing it till dev cooks more updates. My personal hope is it won't go the netorase route instead of netorare. I would like to see how affection system gonna play out. View attachment 3465946
it's only netorase

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
oh LMAO my bad, english is not my first language

there are gay scenes but avoidable like almost anything

it's only netorase
Thanks for the explanation that the gay scenes are avoidable. So sounds like we are looking at AI translation not MTL as I have not read any complaints about the Engrish.

Hasselnut

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
Thanks for the explanation that the gay scenes are avoidable. So sounds like we are looking at AI translation not MTL as I have not read any complaints about the Engrish.
Not AI, it's a mix between me writing it and checking through translate if everything is correct and some native english speaker writing scenes for me, so there's like 20% of chance to meet some stupid grammar mistake lol

Firaxius

Aug 13, 2020
Not bad for an rpgm game, so far love the story and the girl is really fun, though for exp I would increase it a little bit so it doesn't become a tireless grind fest game, but for the rest keep up the good work.

Umbra.Nox

Mar 12, 2020
Didn't know Artificial Blood had a game itself nice! I've seen the mini comics posted on Hasselnut's twitter and thought that was it, i'll give it a go :D
Oh... OH that's where i know that name from. Wild crossover of my twitters subscriptions with f95. To be fair i'm subscribed to a lot of artists, but "Hasselnut" is definitely easier to remember than Jingisukan-Kōgan, Wuni, or some other japanese naming.

Boko43

Aug 12, 2022
Will mc be cucked by female charachters will he be fucked too ?

Id like a bisexual game not necesarely cuck and is it a coruptuon system does he steadely get into it and develops a cucjuldry fetish system ?

-/way

Aug 18, 2022
Not AI, it's a mix between me writing it and checking through translate if everything is correct and some native english speaker writing scenes for me, so there's like 20% of chance to meet some stupid grammar mistake lol
Thanks for the games, Hasselnut!
Two questions:
How far behind will this one be from the patreon releases?
What's happening with ntr bunnies?

Reactions: Hasselnut

Hasselnut

Game Developer
Jun 18, 2021
Thanks for the games, Hasselnut!
Two questions:
How far behind will this one be from the patreon releases?
What's happening with ntr bunnies?
With the next release, patreon's build will have an additional 50ish CGs, 2 new whole areas, 2 new bulls, some new cool features. I try to add a new area section with 8/9 maps each month
Ntr bunnies is almost done, i'll add a couple of new bulls before steam release

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes