• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[R>Programmer] Paid Artist/Writer looking for Unity 2D Dev

Xiamushi

Jul 25, 2018
Hello,

This is my very first post on this website, I've been playing some H-Games since a long while now because it sometimes give me a lot of inspirations. I'm an artist, I've been drawing lewd for 3 years now, and I've pretty much hit the moment where I wonder what can I do with it to make it more fun. Eurêka, H-Game.
Perhaps I'm biased because I truely lack of experience in terms of creating a game, and as a perfectionnist, I care about the visual aspect and not getting something redundant. I've written the beggining plot even though there is still a lot to discuss in that aspect, but I've made a looooong list of global elements of things I want in this game. I've look around a lot of different game support, RPG Maker feels like something redundant/un-original, and I don't want this specific design, however Unity feels like something I'd gladly appreciate.
To give some little example, I want to create an isometric map system (I'd gladly do the tileset since I think it's more ofthe artistside to do it), this added some RPG Battle System (MC on right side, and ennemy portraits on left side with a menu that I still need to think of)., there is still a lot of elements I want to implement that doesn't feel "too hard" to do and is pretty much okay-ish for a first game.

If some devs are interested into a game that would be similar to Karryn's Prison/DojoNTR please reach me through the forum, I'll happily discuss things with you, also, want things to be realistic in terms of possibilities, as I said I don't know anything about game dev, and I want to be told if something is impossibe/complicated/incoherent to do. I made some sketches to explain visually how I want the game to look like so it gives a bit more precision.

Thanks for reading so far.

Houtamelo

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
Hello,

If you're looking for someone to work with I recommend putting more details on your post, most people won't contact you directly if all you show here is vague. Here's the minimum amount of information you should provide:
  • How are you going to pay the other person, such as: per delivery, revenue share, hourly.
  • What is the project about, what are the themes, what are you using as reference (ideally you should show your sketches).
  • How much time can you dedicate to the project, and how much you expect from the other person.
  • Aside from programming (which you already made clear), what else do you expect from the other person.
  • Your portfolio, the other person will likely want to see your art style before thinking about contacting you. Same for writing since you mentioned you also write.

Some basic tips regarding game dev:
  • Don't dive into the project head-first: you'll run into many pitfalls which might demotivate you, ending your career early.
  • Spare some hours to read about game development and the processes involved on it. I recommend studying small teams instead of AAA companies since their workflow varies drastically (despite having many things in common).
  • Make a Game Design Document: It's often boring but it will facilitate communication between you and the people you're working with, it's hard for them to understand your ideas if you don't put them into paper. This also warrants studying GDDs made by other people.
  • Revenue share might be enticing due to implying little investment, but at the same time it's **very** risky and it can often just be a waste of your time. The more reliable path is saving money to pay a freelancer to make your game, it can be expensive but if you plan well (and save enough) this will greatly increase your chances of completing a game. You should be considering US$ 5k - 10k minimum for a small game.
  • Ultimately the thing you can rely most on is yourself, if you are the only person working on the game then it's success will depend on you, no risks involved due to working with other people. Making a game by yourself is a big task but as history shows it's entirely possible as long as you have the means to pay your bills and stay motivated during the process.
  • Start small, very small, from your post I can already see you are planning a lot more than an amateur can handle, as a basic rule for your first project: if you can't complete it in 6 months then it's too big. You'll be able to steadily increase the scope of your projects as you gain more experience.

Feel free to message me on my discord "houtamelo" if you'd like to ask more questions, I'm always happy with helping developers who are willing to try to mixing eroticism with gameplay.

Reactions: ihl86 and silverwf

underthemoon

Jul 18, 2017
Hello,

This is my very first post on this website, I've been playing some H-Games since a long while now because it sometimes give me a lot of inspirations. I'm an artist, I've been drawing lewd for 3 years now, and I've pretty much hit the moment where I wonder what can I do with it to make it more fun. Eurêka, H-Game.
Perhaps I'm biased because I truely lack of experience in terms of creating a game, and as a perfectionnist, I care about the visual aspect and not getting something redundant. I've written the beggining plot even though there is still a lot to discuss in that aspect, but I've made a looooong list of global elements of things I want in this game. I've look around a lot of different game support, RPG Maker feels like something redundant/un-original, and I don't want this specific design, however Unity feels like something I'd gladly appreciate.
To give some little example, I want to create an isometric map system (I'd gladly do the tileset since I think it's more ofthe artistside to do it), this added some RPG Battle System (MC on right side, and ennemy portraits on left side with a menu that I still need to think of)., there is still a lot of elements I want to implement that doesn't feel "too hard" to do and is pretty much okay-ish for a first game.

If some devs are interested into a game that would be similar to Karryn's Prison/DojoNTR please reach me through the forum, I'll happily discuss things with you, also, want things to be realistic in terms of possibilities, as I said I don't know anything about game dev, and I want to be told if something is impossibe/complicated/incoherent to do. I made some sketches to explain visually how I want the game to look like so it gives a bit more precision.

Thanks for reading so far.
You may also want to post some samples of your work so that any programmers know what artstyle you have.

Isometric/tilemap system, RPG battle system those are actually very hard for beginner devs to implement which is why a lot of them use RPG maker which natively supports that. Anyone working in Unity who's familiar with the isometric/tilemap system shouldn't find it that hard but writing your own battle system from scratch beyond generic final fantasy style combat is very involved.

Since it doesn't look like you're as familiar with the programming side of it, I would say take any idea you have and estimate a timeframe for it, then triple it and you'll probably be closer to how long it's actually going to take.

Debonkers

Mar 21, 2022
Hi there - I am currently working as a Unity developer. I am not interested in paid work and franky from the writing of your post I do not feel like there is potential for a commercial development level here anyway. However I may be interested in participating nonetheless - over the last weeks I have been experimenting with some concepts on my own which included a lot of work on a grid system which could also be used for tiling (sorry Unity, your default implementation sucks). So if you want to, feel free to share more information on your project (and your art).

Xiamushi

Jul 25, 2018
Hello,

If you're looking for someone to work with I recommend putting more details on your post, most people won't contact you directly if all you show here is vague. Here's the minimum amount of information you should provide:
  • How are you going to pay the other person, such as: per delivery, revenue share, hourly.
  • What is the project about, what are the themes, what are you using as reference (ideally you should show your sketches).
  • How much time can you dedicate to the project, and how much you expect from the other person.
  • Aside from programming (which you already made clear), what else do you expect from the other person.
  • Your portfolio, the other person will likely want to see your art style before thinking about contacting you. Same for writing since you mentioned you also write.

Some basic tips regarding game dev:
  • Don't dive into the project head-first: you'll run into many pitfalls which might demotivate you, ending your career early.
  • Spare some hours to read about game development and the processes involved on it. I recommend studying small teams instead of AAA companies since their workflow varies drastically (despite having many things in common).
  • Make a Game Design Document: It's often boring but it will facilitate communication between you and the people you're working with, it's hard for them to understand your ideas if you don't put them into paper. This also warrants studying GDDs made by other people.
  • Revenue share might be enticing due to implying little investment, but at the same time it's **very** risky and it can often just be a waste of your time. The more reliable path is saving money to pay a freelancer to make your game, it can be expensive but if you plan well (and save enough) this will greatly increase your chances of completing a game. You should be considering US$ 5k - 10k minimum for a small game.
  • Ultimately the thing you can rely most on is yourself, if you are the only person working on the game then it's success will depend on you, no risks involved due to working with other people. Making a game by yourself is a big task but as history shows it's entirely possible as long as you have the means to pay your bills and stay motivated during the process.
  • Start small, very small, from your post I can already see you are planning a lot more than an amateur can handle, as a basic rule for your first project: if you can't complete it in 6 months then it's too big. You'll be able to steadily increase the scope of your projects as you gain more experience.

Feel free to message me on my discord "houtamelo" if you'd like to ask more questions, I'm always happy with helping developers who are willing to try to mixing eroticism with gameplay.
Thanks for taking the time to write something that meaniful, help me giving me some insight about everything. I do sound like an amateur because I completly am, and I don't want to be delusionnal. To answer those little details I forgot to mention here it is:

- I don't know how developper tends to work and I don't know how they put their prices, I'd figure just like commission, the safest bet is to pay on delivery. But it still something I would prefer to discuss with the interested.

- The project, to give a regular synopsis is that, long story short, the Female MC is sent to another foreign land, far from home and will be sent as a kind of emissary, different missions will be given to her by the local government such as cleaning the criminality rate, gaining popularity among the citizens to represent her motherland by doing smaller missions (sidequests, pretty much generic task such as assisting a dinner etc.), and of course try not getting corrupted by the debauchery that curse this land, naturally it'll be choice oriented in that, and naturally she's also trying to discover herself and her place in this land, and she'll do her best to get accepted. As for the theme, I'd say: it's modern-fantasy, there is no actual super power or anything, it's just fighting/martial arts. Also if I can talk about the sexual theme, that would mostly involve corruption, from totally moreal and innocent to completly immoral and sexual.

- I have enough time to work on it personally, I draw all the time and I got free week ends, I'd figure 10 hours is a minimum per week.

- I'd only ask for programming, however, I'd be happy to discuss the scenario with the programmer and listen the suggestions/changes in plot that could be done.

- And for my art, I'd give you some samples attached below.

I greatly appreciate the tips, and if you're giving me opportunity to DM via Discord, I'll happily do it, thank your for your proposition

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Houtamelo

Xiamushi

Jul 25, 2018
You may also want to post some samples of your work so that any programmers know what artstyle you have.

Isometric/tilemap system, RPG battle system those are actually very hard for beginner devs to implement which is why a lot of them use RPG maker which natively supports that. Anyone working in Unity who's familiar with the isometric/tilemap system shouldn't find it that hard but writing your own battle system from scratch beyond generic final fantasy style combat is very involved.

Since it doesn't look like you're as familiar with the programming side of it, I would say take any idea you have and estimate a timeframe for it, then triple it and you'll probably be closer to how long it's actually going to take.
I don't seek any difficult kind of battle system, I think it's turn by turn but with pictures. I'm saying that with not much knowledge so I trust your judgment.
If I do what you're saying I'd say a yearwould be pretty much what I think it would be.

Xiamushi

Jul 25, 2018
Hi there - I am currently working as a Unity developer. I am not interested in paid work and franky from the writing of your post I do not feel like there is potential for a commercial development level here anyway. However I may be interested in participating nonetheless - over the last weeks I have been experimenting with some concepts on my own which included a lot of work on a grid system which could also be used for tiling (sorry Unity, your default implementation sucks). So if you want to, feel free to share more information on your project (and your art).
I do not necessarily had theidea of make it commercial, mostly for fun. I posted some stuff above about what you are asking for, thanks for the feedback.

Debonkers

Mar 21, 2022
I do not necessarily had theidea of make it commercial, mostly for fun. I posted some stuff above about what you are asking for, thanks for the feedback.
Send me a friend request on discord and we can discuss in more detail if you want.

Debonkers

Mar 21, 2022
Hi Xiamushi,

I am a software engineer and have been making games using Unity for over a decade. I'm not sure if I would work on your project due to lack of details but would be happy to guide you through the game design process. Once you have that sorted out, you may attract the right person to help you create your project. I believe your art has potential if presented in the right way.

Anyway, I'm happy to offer my advice over discord. Discord ID is "steane"
Same goes for me - I may be interested in working on the project itself as well :p

madh

Aug 28, 2018
I am a unity dev and would like to hear more about this project you have in mind. My discord is omega4412

Methanier

Apr 8, 2018
I've been looking for something to do on the side. My main job is a Senior Gameplay Engineer, I have 3.5 years of professional experience in Unity, and currently working in Unreal 5.2 (have been for about a year now). I have a shipped title on steam can tell you what it is if we talk, but I'd be interested in helping you out if you're still looking for someone.