Artists and coders - what would you like to see in a design document?

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
So, i'm working on something in my spare time. It's nothing big or flashy, just a small document for developing a game in RenPy to test the waters in a way. But while working on the design document, I realized that I'm out of my league in some ways. While I have experience with other types of projects - I have always had consultants who were experienced with all the different parts, who I could call on for advice. I've never worked on a RenPy game, so I have no idea what is needed.

So, Daz3D artists - if you work on a project someone other than you has envisioned - what information would you need from them? How can they make your work easier?
Same goes for coders with experience in RenPy - what would you like to see in a design document? What should be covered? How can the designer make your job easier?

This is not an advertisement for a project or anything, I'm just curious what should I put in the document before I go searching for a team (if I ever feel confident enough to do it). It's not a recruitment post, so I think it belongs here (I apologize to the mods beforehand if I made a mistake).