• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Assets from 3dload don't show up in daz

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
Hi !
So i'm beginning in DAZ and naturally i'm trying to download free stuff to test a bit since there isn't a lot of stuff that comes with the program.
So I went i looked up a bunch of assets to build a first character and downloaded them (most of them from 3dload).
Unzipped them and copy-pasted the directories to merge with the default one in daz. (for example the DT Diana for genesis 8 female)

So i got the 3 folders (data, people and runtime) right, and i copy pasted them directly into C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library which is the default directory (i've double checked on daz and in tutorials)

This done, and even after reopening DAZ, the assets don't show up. I've installed more of them like clothing stuff, and nothing shows up.
There are subfolders in the DT Diana ones but i don't think that's an issue since they're supposed to show up in DAZ after that.
Nothing either with the search bar

What am I doing wrong ??? I followed video tutorials showing that it works but it does not for me. Am I supposed to be logged in or something ?

Thank you.

EDIT : I need to add that the "characters" column does not appear in my content library tab, and it's a fresh install (4.22)

EDIT : Managed to make it work after a full and clean reinstall, but i still have to relaunch daz after adding new assets

Last edited:

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
The first piece of advice I give you is that you install Daz Install Manager, a.k.a. DIM, and configure it thoroughly after its installation. Once you have it set up to your liking, always install original Daz 3D stuff with it, even if you got your copy of the original Daz product from elsewhere. As long as it is an original Daz item, it should come packed in a DIM-ready format. Installing stuff with DIM is by far the best way to have fewer bugs and issues affecting your experience with Daz Studio.

The second piece of advice is that, with time, if you see that you really like to create scenes with Daz, grab a copy of , install it, configure it to your needs and learn how to use it (it's not really complex). It basically allows you to create DIM-ready packages out of third-party products (those that other stores, like Renderosity, Renderhub or Renderotica, to name a few, sell), so that you can install them also with the Daz Install Manager (DIM).

Last edited:

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
3d-load does not offer free stuff. I do not mind, but it is not free.
Anyway you can of course use install manager and asset tools, but first you should understand how daz models work.
99% of daz models have 3 main directories
- "data" where are written all 3d features (model mesh, uv, morphs, rigging etc.) inside you can find many directories with *dsf files. If you copied this directory from zip file you should find Diana morphs on every G8F which you load to the workspace (probably actor/people".
- "runtime/textures" where are written images usually textures.
- library directory in case of DT Diana for genesis 8 female "People/Genesis8female/characters". Most advanced props are written in "environments" and simple in "prop"

I think that in zip file directories data, runtime, people were subfolder of "my library" or sth else probably you will find weird folder in library and inside duplicated data, people and runtime. You can check your main library from Daz. Use RMB on library and choose "browse in folder location".