Mod VN Ren'Py Assistance on creating an Incest Patch

jeffstrong9000

Apr 6, 2020
Hello, I am trying to create an incest patch for Foot of the Mountain where the aunt/cousins/uncle are mom/sisters/dad (I know it goes against the entire plot of the game).

I have no coding experience but through googling/looking at other patches have tried changing the scripts.rpa and various other dialogue files in the game. However, when I do this it results in an error in game launch about reference/header error.

I was going to try just translating then directly changing the dialogue that way, but was curious if anyone had advice/could help with someone quite programming inept.

Thanks!

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I have no coding experience but through googling/looking at other patches have tried changing the scripts.rpa and various other dialogue files in the game. However, when I do this it results in an error in game launch about reference/header error.
Er... The "scripts.rpa" ? This isn't the code of the game, it's an archive file containing the said code, either in "compiled" files (rpyc) or in plain text files (rpy). And the error you talk about make me fear that this isn't a typo.

As for assistance, there's many threads regarding this subject, like by example :