Audio Files not found by game because it extracted them in english

Jun 7, 2017
have a problem where when i extract a game (have it set to japan in Region Unicode etc.) some sound files are listed as English which causes an error since the game can not find the Japanese sound file. Anything i can do?

Untitled.png

Last edited:

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Don't think extracting will translate, or rename files like that. Unless you end up with something like �?�� or Qü[âÇé from not using Japanese unicode. Mixed language (and type) files aren't that unusual.

It would probably help to see the error and maybe know what game.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
The Game...
Ah, unfortunately nowhere I look has a game called that to try out. I would guess the file is actually missing, maybe try renaming a copy of one of the earth audio files (or get a short silent one) to 地系_岩 to get past the error.
Suddenly now it started not to error when i use a fire spell.
The missing file is something about earth and rock.

Jun 7, 2017
Ah, unfortunately nowhere I look has a game called that to try out. I would guess the file is actually missing, maybe try renaming a copy of one of the earth audio files (or get a short silent one) to 地系_岩 to get past the error.

The missing file is something about earth and rock.
I put a link to the game.

I do not know why it is called Earth/Rock. Ingame it has a fire icon.
It does works putting a soundfile in with the name of the missing one, however i really wonder how many times this well show up.

Anyway as i said before, now it works without an error for some reason. I hope is stays that way.