RPGM - Completed - Avarice Dungeon [v1.06] [RR Research Society]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Moodest

I finish all bosses as hard mode

battle is good even with perm debuff they don't effect gamplay that largely as you can remove later and not game changing loss even if you max lust to 100 or cam to 100 it also does not matter as it will remove after few turns. the only thing to worry is health

the translation is good i got hard on few encounter

if you got capture or defeated that's the only animation also they are same animation which is boring but hey there's a lot of girls.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

TheWizardMus

decent little rougelike deck builder, mostly only "captured" skills have animations for each girl(when your heart meter reaches 100), translation is about as rough as you'd expect. encountered a few bugs in chapter 5 out of 7, but honestly nothing the games generous auto saves or respawns(in easy mode, which is honestly how i'd recommend the game)

for the people clicking for the mind control tag, Bubble Girl in chapter 1, the Heart Girl in chapter 3(although she crashed the game during her ending and its replicable, definitely needs patched) and the nun and dark elf bosses, all have their own hypnosis mechanics. and those are just the ones i remember encountering.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

AngelGrace

I don't normally play Male-led games, but one of the things that attracts me is well written mind control. This is...mind control consistent with other MSub games I've played, at least.

Another one of those Slay the Spire games, Avarice Dungeon has you get involved with...the concubine's power? (Don't worry, we'll get there) as you search for seven gems. Each gem is held by a boss at the end of a dungeon; you advance through the dungeon, fighting enemies of various strength fof various rewards; the stronger the mook the stronger the reward, which is often a card but sometimes a passive skill, along with coins to use at a shop.

The normal, elite, and boss battles each have individual mechanics that attempt to manipulate your deck in some way; either cards they'll force you to play or cards you don't want to keep in your hand. It becomes a game of building a good deck and trading off using cost to discard bad cards and attack with your good cards. This concept is what drew me to the game in the first place, and I'm glad to say that both it and the bad statuses are executed well; this is not a game that you can just mindlessly blow through, even on easy.

How much you enjoy the H-aspect of the game is going to really depend on how you feel about the fetishes presented. The game has a distinct masochistic bent, with breath-play and sadomasochism among your encounters, though hypnosis/brainwash is one of the most common, and often leads into the other fetishes (including lingering status effects that make it harder to fight even after winning a battle).

Outside of purely subjective fetish areas, this game suffers from two major problems. First: the translation. It's a machine translation. Japanese is a difficult language to 1:1 into most romance languages, including English, and that's pretty heavily displayed here. It's not unreadable, you can usually understand what's happening, but very frequently the grammar is just weird (though it is a nice change to see a male get 'blamed' for once). I don't doubt for a second that a Machine Learning Tool that was trained only on Japanese-English translations for quite some time would be good at the job, but we're not there yet.

The second issue may well be related to the first: the images are buggy as hell. There's one encounter that's unusable after a certain point, I've had enemies linger on screen far past their battle, and certain cards will lead into an 'image not found' loop that won't go away until the game is closed and reopened. It is possible to clear the game still, and that's what counts for me, but it is frustrating.

If you can get over the bugs and the translations, there may be something here for you: the artwork is good, not AI for once, and if you're into the fetishes this game features, you're probably going to have a good time. But unless you're really into submissive man and having your deck manipulated, this is probably a pass.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Illidan No Women 10000

Hello my fellow degenerates! It's me, Illidan. Today i will review this piece of MTL and overally pretty meh hgame. I will rate this game by such categories : Translation, story, gameplay, hscenes/animations

Let's start!
    ------

Translation 0/5 - This translation horrible asf. Some choices not even translated, like during rest. Well, it's obviously fault of MTL, which was used to translate this game. Could have at least put English(MTL) here...

Story 1/5 - Man... This story... It's so bad!!! There is nonexistent story in 5 story mod chapters i completed. I am so fed up with lack of story and bad gameplay, that it made me leave without even completing the game. Maybe it's heavily influenced by MTL, which makes everything incomprehensible.

Gameplay 1.5/5 - Man... The one who designed mobs and their mechanics, on top of high HP is a madman, which never played normal games. Let's see.... Let's take a mob with 3.6k hp on 2st story chapter. You ideally deal 200-300 damage in 1 turn. But what if.... SHE INCREASE COST OF HALF CARDS IN YOUR HANDS(every 1-2 turns). I don't even mention first story chapter boss, which can straight ruin everything if you get for no reason, status which makes chance to struggle 0%. Or when at last phase, you must use card struggle in deck., while all your attacks will be converted into their ero attacks. It's so fucking stupid and terrible. We have better example with this hgame - "Lost Chapter". Another roguelike card game, which kinda slow, but doesn't do same shit as this game.

You might say : "Oh, but you can choose where to go, blablabla."

I will say : So you wish to fight enemies which increase cost of half of your cards, when your max limit is 5 cards? High HP, guaranteed grabs after certain status effects and simply bad UI? Well, good luck to you mate. :confused:

Game which i mentioned:
    https://f95zone.to/threads/lost-chapter-v2-07-almichadia.130964/

I don't say that this game is 100% better, but it's less annoying comparing to Avarice
    ----------
    Completed 5 chapters on hard difficulty

EDITED : I forgot to mention that most of non standard enemies. DEAL PLEASURE DAMAGE, making phys damage as somekind of rare attack...
    ----------

Hscenes/animations 2-4/5 - For someone such game might have good battle fuck or even animations. But i see simply moving closer image of enemy and changing face, in case of first boss. Some other mobs have different animations in case of grabbing MC. But they also done kinda... Poorly. It's simply up and down animation in some cases.

Conclusion 1/5 - This game doesn't deserve your attention, if you want to complete somewhat decently, without taking much ero damage. And overally it's very annoying to play on hard difficulty. There might be different result with easy mod. But this game still have terrible translation and nonexistent story, so as maximum it could have get 1.5 or even 2 out of 5.