Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Babysitter:The Steamier Version Mod [v0.0.6] [OhWee]

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Attention! This mod is abandoned, and will not work with the current versions of Babysitter.

----------

So, there are some pretty steamy scenes in Babysitter. Woudn't it be nice if you could see more steamy stuff during the same playthrough?

Introducing the Babysitter 0.0.6 - The Steamier Version mod! This mod reworks the scenes a bit, to allow for a racier story, assuming that you pick the right dialogue options. Hint: Make Christine hornier, and don't be afraid to peek a bit more... also, take off your pants whenever you have the opportunity - very important for Day 1 after dinner.

While not required, I do recommend that you first use unren.bat to extract the Babysitter archive files if you haven't already (this extracts the ingame art along with the .rpy files, among other things). Unren.bat here (Choose option 9):

V6 includes my interface mod, which adds a quicksave button to the interface, reformats the info display a bit, adds a bit more information to the ingame interface, improves navigation within the apartment, and makes the autosave feature available. More information on the interface mod is here:

Installation instructions:

Install Option A (basic install).
1. Install Babysitter 0.0.6 if you haven't already. Or just go with your 0.0.6 install that you've played already.
2. Start up the Babysitter game once. You only need to go to the main menu screen after the opening movie.
3. Quit Babysitter.
4. Install this mod, by dragging the game folder contained within the zip inside of your Babysitter 0.0.6 folder, merging it with the /game folder.
5. Start up Babysitter. Game will close, and you will get the traceback error.
6. Immediately start up Babysitter again. This time, the game will 'pick' the new script.rpy on this and subsequent starts.
Install Option B (extract & install ).
1. Install Babysitter 0.0.6 if you haven't already.
2. Start up the Babysitter game once. You will only need to go to the main menu screen after the opening movie.
3. Quit Babysitter
4. Use to extract babysitter. Pick option 9.
5. Start up Babysitter again. Again, you only need to get to the main menu screen.
6. Quit Babysitter.
7. (optional, recommended). Make backup copies of script.rpy and screens.rpy, both are in the /game folder.
8. Install this mod, merging the /game folder for this mod with the /game folder for Babysitter 0.0.6. Overwrite script.rpy and screens.rpy
9. Game will now start normally, with no error the first time you start up.​

And you're done!
Spoilers are in the Babysitter-0.0.6_SteamyMod.readme.txt file
.7z file is attached below.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NOTE: You'll want to start a new playthrough after installing this mod. Your existing saves should still be fine, as well as any saves made using this mod.

And now, for a gameplay oriented
PUBLIC SERVICE (gameplay) ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
After you pick up Christine up at the start of your game, take off your damn pants at every opportunity while in the apartment! They are uncomfortable, may chafe your legs, and Christine won't mind seeing you in your underwear...

As usual, if you have any questions or issues, let me know!

Enjoy!

Some of the 'new' images used in this mod...
Day6_JessRoom_SplitHandStand10a.jpg ChristineRoom_ComputerBattery.jpg Day6_Christine_Sneaks_in1.jpg Day6_Breakfast_32a.jpg

Changelog:

10/9/17: Updated for Babysitter version 0.0.6. Reworked some of the day 5-7 scenes, added a couple of new scenes, and of course cranked up the steamy factor..

I've included a few dialogue hints as breadcrumbs...

One final note. Use the webcams!!! Especially at the start of Day 5! I included hints in the readme as well.

NOT following the 'horniness' route will not result in very much additional content. Maybe in future versions, but it's the horny route that has my interest currently.

Let me know if you have any issues. I'll update the OP in a day or so with this new version, assuming no issues...

IMPORTANT: It is highly recommended that start with a new game for this mod, in order to see all of the new content. Previous saves/playthroughs using the V5 version of this mod are fine, no V5 content was changed.

Enjoy!

Edit 10/9/17: New V6 file attached

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Again thank you for the mod but I didn't notice any real difference it gameplay.
I note from the walkthrough that you can go down a friendlier route as well (leading to other peeks etc..), any chance your next mod can allow an improvement in friend options as well?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Again thank you for the mod but I didn't notice any real difference it gameplay.
I note from the walkthrough that you can go down a friendlier route as well (leading to other peeks etc..), any chance your next mod can allow an improvement in friend options as well?
There was one thing that wasn't working in my 0.0.4 download (there may have been an updated version but I didn't see it) that being the Jennifer masturbation scene. I adjusted the coding here so that you could work, then visit her site, install the remote access, then activate the webcam and catch her masturbating, before Christine enters and asks about watching a movie (and maybe about her PJs).

As I suggested, this modified version works best if you maximize Christine's horniness throughout the game.

Those are the differences I remember off of the top of my head. I also gave you an extra $5.

As for a friends route, I'll keep that in mind for 0.0.5. Babysitter 0.0.5 should drop soon.

Last edited:

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Somehow these mods gave me the following traceback error log. The game stopped working.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win/game/screens.rpy.
ScriptError: Name (u'C:\\...\\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\\templates\\english/game/screens.rpy', 1470763159, 57) is defined twice, at game/screens.rpy:933 and screens - kopie.rpyc:914.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\...\Babysitter 0.0.4\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\main.py", line 354, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\script.py", line 259, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\script.py", line 738, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=fn + source)
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\script.py", line 414, in finish_load
bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'C:\\...\\renpy-6.99.10-sdk\\templates\\english/game/screens.rpy', 1470763159, 57) is defined twice, at game/screens.rpy:933 and screens - kopie.rpyc:914.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227

Any clues?!

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Somehow these mods gave me the following traceback error log. The game stopped working.

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\...\Babysitter 0.0.4\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\main.py", line 354, in main
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\script.py", line 738, in load_appropriate_file

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227

Any clues?!
My guess is that there are two screens.rpy, but that's just a guess. Did the game not work immediately after installing, or did this creep up after a few games? Also, walk me through your install steps, so that I can understand your process.

Reactions: Doc Wobbly

Led

Jul 16, 2017

Full traceback:
renpy.main.main()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227

Any clues?!
I think I already found the error. I made a copy of the files screens.rpy and script.rpy, as instructed, but left them inside the game folder. I now noticed that the game parsed both the new and the original .rpy files. I moved the file copies to another folder. Now the game starts, normally. :)

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Crap, after I copied the steamier mod I got a new traceback error:

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1771, in script
menu:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1834, in <module>
"Send the software" if SoftwareSent == 1:
NameError: name 'SoftwareSent' is not defined

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 1771, in script
menu:
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1451, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\exports.py", line 815, in menu
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\python.py", line 1606, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\...\Babysitter-0.0.4-win\renpy\python.py", line 1601, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1834, in <module>
"Send the software" if SoftwareSent == 1:
NameError: name 'SoftwareSent' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.10.1227
Babysitter 0.0.4

Any clues?!

p.s.: I get the error after I click on the laptop on day 2.
p.s.s.: I found out it's a corrupted save. I must have saved the game after messing up the mods, or something.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Were you able to play ok with an earlier save?

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Were you able to play ok with an earlier save?
Yes, but so far the mods didn't seem to work. Although I applied the mods, somehow they didn't change anything inside the game. Perhaps you should restart the game anew for the mods to work?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Yeah, starting a new game is probably a good idea. The changes are rather subtle, as I didn't want to change the game too much, while allowing you to get a few more thrills along the way...

This mod is mainly targetted at people that have played through this game a couple of times, and are looking for a more titillating palythrough.

There are a few minor dialogue changes related to a couple of the more risque scenes, which you can miss if you are clicking through at a rapid pace

To get you in the 'swing of things' suggest she go naked in the hot tub, walk in on her as she's changine and take your pants off after dinner but before you peek in the shower. Also, don't wake her up, and pretend to be sleeping afterwords...

Normally, she'd leave at this point, but she'll stay, and you'll see a couple more images that weren't there before.

This mod assumes that you are going after max horniness for Christine. Also, you'll have better opportunities to peek and such throughout the game, and maybe even see a boobie or two without Christine waking up...

The game ends differently as well. There are some other changes talked about in the .readme, and I also detailed a few of them under a spoiler tag a few posts above.

------

The changes in the other (interface) mod you should see immediately though. There should be a menu and a quicksave button on the right hand side, that weren't there before, plus a heart under your cash total that tracks your own horniness points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc Wobbly and Led

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Yeah, starting a new game is probably a good idea. The changes are rather subtle, as I didn't want to change the game too much, while allowing you to get a few more thrills along the way...

This mod is mainly targetted at people that have played through this game a couple of times, and are looking for a more titillating palythrough.

There are a few minor dialogue changes related to a couple of the more risque scenes, which you can miss if you are clicking through at a rapid pace

Do get you in the 'swing of things' suggest she go naked in the hot tub, walk in on her as she's changine and take your pants off after dinner but before you peek in the shower. Also, don't wake her up, and pretend to be sleeping afterwords...

This mod assumes taht you are going after max horniness for Christine. Also, you'll have better opportunities to peek and such throughout the game, and maybe even see a boobie or two without Christine waking up...

The game ends differently as well. There are some other changes talked about in the .readme, and I also detailed a few of them under a spoiler tag a few posts above.

Normally, she'd leave at this point, but she'll stay, and you'll see a couple more images that weren't there before.

------

The changes in the other (interface) mod you should see immediately though. There should be a menu and a quicksave button on the right hand side, that weren't there before, plus a heart under your cash total that tracks your own horniness points.
I'm definitely gonna give it another go. Besides, in my opinion your mods shoud definitely be implemented in the game. They certainly add up to the game play and appeal of the game.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
So I was looking through the script file comparing it to the original, or actually your file from the other mod and I noticed a few things.

The routine at line 4917, the new kitchen scene based on Day3WakenUp == 2 should never occur. Yes you set it in line 4648 but you follow that immediately with a jump back to the start of the routine Day2_BedChoice. That will loop through what you just saw unless you select another choice and all the other options will set Day3WakenUp to 1. I think your jump should be to StartDay3. You may want to add to the abort section a duplicate of the "wake her" and "Let her sleep" sections, skipping the "sleep some more" section and dropping the Day3WakenUp = 1 assignment. And your routine is "label Day2_BedChoice" when it occurs on Day 3.

Other than that, I like what you have added to the game, based on what I read, I haven't tried to play it yet so my observations might not be correct.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So I was looking through the script file comparing it to the original, or actually your file from the other mod and I noticed a few things.

The routine at line 4917, the new kitchen scene based on Day3WakenUp == 2 should never occur. Yes you set it in line 4648 but you follow that immediately with a jump back to the start of the routine Day2_BedChoice. That will loop through what you just saw unless you select another choice and all the other options will set Day3WakenUp to 1. I think your jump should be to StartDay3. You may want to add to the abort section a duplicate of the "wake her" and "Let her sleep" sections, skipping the "sleep some more" section and dropping the Day3WakenUp = 1 assignment. And your routine is "label Day2_BedChoice" when it occurs on Day 3.

Other than that, I like what you have added to the game, based on what I read, I haven't tried to play it yet so my observations might not be correct.
OK, looking at this - it's been a bit since I worked with this code... Short form is that the bed scene is still considered day 2 by the variables, even though it's actually day 3. The change for the variable assignment to Day 3 occurs after the bedroom interaction is completed. This was this way already, I was more focused on other things and didn't feel the need to 'move up' the day 3 variable update at the time. It's kind of annoying to see that it's still day 2 though (if you are using my other mod), so I'll probably 'fix that' in my other mod once 0.5 drops.

Of course, if T4boo ends up going with my 'interface suggestions', there may not be a need for my other mod after 0.5, although I'm thinkng about carrying the cool 'save/load screen scrollbar' thing I did for DMD over to this game - if I decide to update that mod at that point.

Yes ideally the Day 3 variable assignment should occur when you first wake up, to avoid confusion.

Just did another playthrough, and I assure you that everything works as intended. The 'loop back' is to allow you to exit using three of the four dialogue choices, but if you choose 'lift her shirt' but don't follow through, you'll loop back to the beginning. This may be what you are seeing. Also, the '2' thing is to only allow the changed dialogue in the Kitchen scene if she's seen your penis after you go back to sleep. Otherwise, she's not going to focus on it in the kitchen...

Edit: OK, I think I can explain this a bit better r.e. your inquiry.
- Note that if you lifted her shirt but aborted, this puts Christine in a more wakeful state, so she gets up earlier/doesn't oversleep when you go back to sleep.
- IF you DON'T do this (play with her shirt without touching her ass) before going back to sleep, yeah you won't see the altered kitchen dialogue, 'cuz she woke up late:
- OR: if you wake her up or get up, yes this resets the variable to 1, so you won't get the special kitchen dialogue, 'cuz she didn't see the tip of your penis.

Yes it's a very narrow needle to thread here, and it was intended.

------

A QUICK NOTE FOR EVERYONE:
This mod ASSUMES that you are starting with a new playthrough. Existing saves may not like it, unless they were made after this mod was installed. Your existing saves should still work just fine for 0.5, and I think that the saves using this mod should be fine too (I only added one specific change to a variable check using this mod, and 0.5 isn't going to look for that variable unless you play through Day 3 again with one of the saves made using this mod).

---

It occurs to me, however, that this is a really subtle mod, that 'forces' you down one set of dialogue choices to 'see all of the action'. As an example, you won't get the 'cool dialogue' when you walk in on her on Day 3 UNLESS she sees your penis after you go back to sleep, after maximizing Christine's horniness points via all of the other relevant interactions up to this point.

After the fact, I think I was a little too subtle, so if I do something like this again for 0.0.5, I'll probably loosen things up a bit more variable change wise. Example: dropping the Chrstine Horniness requirement by a point, to allow for a little wiggle room to see her dressing without pissing her off.

Really, though, this mod was mainly intended to tittilate fans of this game with a 'story variation' to tide us over a bit until 0.0.5 drops. Depending on what happens in the story for 0.5, I may or may not feel the need to update this to 0.5.

If I should decide to continue this mod, I could add a 'Which would you prefer: 'Steamier' playthrough or 'Normal' playthrough dialogue at the beginning, which would 'lock out the bad choices or at least give you cues for the 'Steamier' version, but I'll be honest, I'll probably be focused on other things at that point. The new rendering machine is supposed to arrive sometime in the next 24 hours...

Last edited:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I see the path now. You are taking advantage of "Sleep some more" path not setting any Day3WakenUp variable at all, where it relies on the initial setting of the variable for the bad kitchen scene. Your path is subtle, lift her shirt, abort, and then sleep some more to get to your new section of code. It still should be Day 3 though, as all the events around it are Day 3 even though the regular day 3 variables haven't been set until the end of the wakeup scene.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Quick update:

I have the Steamier mod for V5 about ready to go, although I expect that T4boo will be releasing an updated version (with some errors corrected) shortly, so I may wait on that first.

Quick question. Since the Steamier mod is really targeted at showing off more of the sexy stuff, would you like visual cues to give you hints on this? I'm thinking unicode characters, like so...

Essentially, adding icons to the dialogue choices when they may have some significant effect on gameplay. The Steamier mod is more 'linear' in it's nature, due to my inability to generate content for Babysitter.

This might be easier than referencing a walkthrough...

Thoughts?

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
Quick update:

I have the Steamier mod for V5 about ready to go, although I expect that T4boo will be releasing an updated version (with some errors corrected) shortly, so I may wait on that first.

Quick question. Since the Steamier mod is really targeted at showing off more of the sexy stuff, would you like visual cues to give you hints on this? I'm thinking unicode characters, like so...

Essentially, adding icons to the dialogue choices when they may have some significant effect on gameplay. The Steamier mod is more 'linear' in it's nature, due to my inability to generate content for Babysitter.

This might be easier than referencing a walkthrough...

Thoughts?
Very good idea and thanks for the mod!
Can't wait for the version for 0.5.