VN - Ren'Py - Babysitting Cream: BetaMix Edition [v0.3.5] [Novilon]

1. 4.00 star(s)

PDP19

Well now this is a game that's so way back I can still hear my modem pinging.

This game probably needs no introductions but just to shortly summarize: You play as disgusting, very realistic humanoid sonic the hedgehog. Mobius has been saved from all the evil and everyones at peace. One day Vanilla decides to go on a business meeting and entrusts you to look after her daughter Cream for a week. Do I really need to go on? Needless to say, in this slut infested world you'll very likely be creaming a bunny one way or another.

Gameplay is basically VN, choose-your-poison sort of game. But I have to say this game is way more complex than most others you'll probably played. Multiple endings, loads of stuff you can do, some well hidden secrets, and even some surprises.

Visuals is, and has always been, the main problem with this game. Artistically, this is a dumpster fire. Calling it a style is perhaps the only kind words you'll have in describing it. The game itself aged like fine wine, but the art festered like salted milk with a side of shit. Perhaps not surprising that though the game features tons of complex choices, there remains very little of the art. Most of the time you'll likely be starting at a blank background, but I guess you'll have to chalk that up as a plus, because it legit gets to the point where Im more amused than aroused looking at it.

So do I recommend this? Well why not. The game deserves attention to show that VN can be complex, can be more than just a gallery of cum filled sex. I cant help shaking the feeling that if there was a kickstarter to get a real artist to actually illustrate this game, it'll prob reach its goal almost instaneously, and gift us a real H sonic game that'll stand for another 50 years or so.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Klcrones

Doing great work keep going. I played the original game and loved it. Honestly, this game had a lot of content for its time all scenes are usually interesting to do. Has also multiple paths but usually one or two ending.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

lordylorder

Let me be upfront and say that I genuinely have no idea what the hell is up with the amount of versions this game has.

However, ignoring those, this is a mostly really well put together trainer game. It's simultaneously a little too simple, and bit too complex, (wat da fug are the rules for calling people or meeting them in the park) but overall, it's really great.

Does have a bit of a navigation issue inside the house, and could do with some sort of ending guide, but I'm excited to see where development goes.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

MangoCoco

I'm really out of the loop with the background of this game and the past development of it, but is really irrelevant to its enjoinment.

Babysitting Cream is an princess raiser/corruption with charm and aptitude that doesn't take itself too serious, if your a fan of the fan base, your probably already download it. if not, I say it can be mostly enjoy if the tags are of your interest it or have some low Sonic knowledge.

Personally, I do see the the minutes a little grindy or slow burn but the game is made like this to see the grow between the characters and player decisions.

Keeping an eye out for the development,