VN Ren'Py Back to the Past [v0.01] [Dogathan Productions]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
I also got this warning:
View attachment 3556816
So after doing some digging, this error is a pretty common false positive to encounter with Ren'Py games, or executables that go unrecognized for smaller virus scanners (as seen in a quick search in F95zone itself). Plus one of the uploaders mentioned that they thoroughly check all the uploads, and windows defender is a little too aggressive at times (From Bob69).
I didn't want that to be the end of my research, so I ran a MalwareBytes scan and a Windows defender scan on my computer to see if there were any files that were throwing alarms. I also asked a couple of my friends to see if they could replicate the issue on their ends as well, and none of them could replicate it (Using Windows defender). I then tried to isolate the issue by zipping my base (pre-Ren'Py build and zipped) Ren'Py game folder and uploaded that to Virus Total for scanning with a completely clean result. And then I ran the zipped build file (post-Ren'Py build and zipped) after Ren'Py's compilation process into Virus Total for scanning with only a small scanner finding a trojan (a different one from this one). It seems windows defender is also very aggressive in trying to predict what might be a virus, and often results in false positives. Going through some reddit threads, I noticed that usually this happens for the latest build for Ren'Py as it goes unrecognized for some smaller virus scanners. Here is the to that thread. Just to be safe, I ran Virus total on the base Ren'Py SDK (downloaded from the itself) itself , and it results in the same trojan that was found in the compiled virus scan. My belief is that the .exe creates is being flagged by Windows defender for people due to the aggressive/predictive (since it is ML based from the extension) nature of its scans. Hope that sets your mind at a bit more ease, and please let me know if you are running into this trojan with any other virus scanners; that way I can look into this a bit deeper to see what might be the issue.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, this was certainly interesting. And just out of curiosity, I think I will do another run through using the game gigachad just to see how different it really gets. So far, noticed a few things. Anyways, thank you, and looking forward for more!!!

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
how does this got 2 reviews that give it 4 and 5 already?sex scene did not even had animation? ofc I skipped it anyway as I do not want watch

Six0

Mar 22, 2019
Clipboard02.jpg

What the fuck does this even mean? Nobody's begging for shit. And since that was deleted, you might as well delete the post of the guy who just quoted it.

Nov 18, 2022
Lois is one of my favorite cartoon milfs. Nothing like a mom character that actually is horny and promiscuous and fan artists taking full advantage of that. You have my interest. I'll give this game a shot and if the preview is anything to go by I imagine things will look quite nice.

Now I pray this doesn't get abandoned some time in for one random reason or the other.

Reactions: DogathanProductions
Nov 18, 2022
Let me know what you think!
I've just gotten to the sequence where Stu introduces himself to the neighborhood. I'm... both very impressed at the quality for a 0.1 and I am emotionally happy at seeing a Family Guy game created by somebody who knows his series lore and references it, and is making a game with such beautiful art. Holy hell. I'll be doing a review when I'm done but yeah, this is good.

And my goodness you draw feet beautifully.

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
what sort of content do you have planned for the game? any meg and/or pregnancy content? love the first release
Thanks! So far I am planning to keep the game surrounding Lois, Meg, Donna, Bonnie, Connie D' Amico, Jillian, and possibly Mother Maggie haha. Not too sure about pregnancy, but definitely Meg content for sure.

crazycracks

Aug 2, 2021
Hmm very interested but wondering do you play as future Stewie or Chris? Something like this if made right could be as good as a way back home but based on the Lois screenshot the quality isn't there yet

Last edited:

ChadFast

Jul 19, 2021
This one looks interesting. I need to go watch that Stu and Stewie's Big Adventure ep. I watched it of course, but years ago and I slightly remember it, but when I started playing I have decided to go watch that first. Looks good so far.

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes