RPGM - Completed - Bad End Collector [v2.08] [U-ROOM]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Darkrus

2. 4.00 star(s)

murkaren

A great story inside a standard RPGM gameplay loop.
    The player, Akane, meets a demon named Ruimu who wants her to collect the souls of raped girls. In aid of her quest, Akane is able to use the enslaved souls of raped girls to fight enemies in order to collect more souls.
    Past a certain point, you get the feeling that Akane is more evil than the demons. The demons commit evil because that's what they are, but Akane is evil because she takes a feminine pleasure in the suffering of others.
    The cruelty depicted in this game is a breath of fresh air compared to other corruption-based titles that simply involve the protaganist becoming a slut through prolonged sexual activity.

Pros
    1. Corruption mechanic as Akane
    2. Solid RPG gameplay
    3. Black guys and monsters raping girls.
    4. Descriptive scenes
    Cons
    1. Pacing issues. (Plot is fast-paced at points, and drags at others.
    2. Side characters lack characterization
    3. Some mechanics aren't sufficiently explained.
    I highly recommend this title if you enjoy watching innocent girls suffer.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

nstar2014

Overall 4/5. As a big fan of U-ROOM (developer of Thug Hero Party and Pray Game), I was pretty happy to see more of their games being translated. It's pretty clear that this was one of their earliest works (released in 2014!), but it's evident that the developer really cares about two things: story-telling and fun JRPG experience. Bad End Collector stands on its own as a pretty enjoyable game, but it's hard to evaluate this game without comparing it with their most recent work, Pray Game. In my opinion, the gameplay and story are much more interesting than the H-scenes; anyone who doesn't like rape scenes might want to stay away from this game.
    • Story: The story is fairly simple: a wish-giving devil approaches Akane with the task of collecting memories of the past rape victims. What I really like is when collecting these CGs memories, you don't just see the rape, but you see the build-up that leads up to it (you see a much improved version of this storytelling in Pray Game). The length of these build-ups are just right; they're not too short so you don't end up forgetting them, but they're not too long so you don't end up being too attached. The plot itself was okay; it suffers from pacing issues. Akane's internal struggles and past was really interesting at the beginning but the delivery unfortunately felt flat compared to the rape memories.
      You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    • Gameplay: While it initially looks like a standard RPG battle system, the itemization and teambuilding in this game is crazy. There's a wide range of weapons, armor, and accessories that all have their unique perks. You can also purchase new magic, physical, or support skills on any character. It's really fun, and I wish more developers would implement equipment with percentage bonuses instead of just hard numbers. However, the game can get fairly grindy. When the game suggests a specific level to proceed, it's not to be taken lightly because the difficulty does jump up. You will have to farm a lot of money to upgrade the shops and buy better equipment and skills. You don't need to grind too hard to beat the game, but that also means you won't be able to try out all these high-end equipment and skills. Luckily the mob fights can be pretty quick, while the boss fights can be decent to very difficult (I kept getting caught off-guard when one of my party members get one-shotted). The shield mechanic is interesting, but can get obnoxious and useless when you're surrounded by mobs. There were very few puzzles, but I needed hints for most of them because my brain was already rotted.
    • Fappable: I'll be honest, I couldn't get one fap. There's not a lot of variety, as most scenes are all static with minimal sfx. Since most of the scenes are rape-focused, they eventually start to blend together and it gets less interesting the more you see it.