Mod Ren'Py Bad Memories [v0.8.5] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
He's fucking with shit he shouldn't be... the RenPy version should never change during the development of a game...there's no reason for it since every single dev botches it every time. And I'm not sure but I'm likely going to be a bit sore about these UI changes made. I spent a literal ton of hours two years back sorting the crappy UI and decided to release the first version of the mod due to the black and white blinding wickedness of the VN. Now it seems there's a slow hijack of things I've been doing to the VN... I'll know once I get a real eyeball on it.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Don't know what to tell you. Engine was 7.4.11 in release 7.6, but went to 7.5.3 in 8.
if PY2:

# The tuple giving the version number.
version_tuple = (7, 5, 3, vc_version)

# The name of this version.
version_name = "Heck's Getting Frosty"

else:

# The tuple giving the version number.
version_tuple = (8, 0, 3, vc_version)

# The name of this version.
version_name = "Heck Freezes Over"
I had to use 8.0.3 to create the MAC version when I compressed the last version/fix.

Reactions: ontach

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Code:
Wed May 31 15:04:53 2023
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.14s
Early init took 0.00s
Loader init took 0.39s
Loading error handling took 0.20s
Loading script took 4.83s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.17s
Loading persistent took 0.00s
Faled to initialize steam: Exception(u'Init returned false.',)
 - Init at renpy/common/00steam.rpy:682 took 0.54691 s.
Set script version to: (7, 5, 3)
Running init code took 1.34s
Loading analysis data took 0.03s
Analyze and compile ATL took 0.03s
Index archives took 0.00s
Dump and make backups. took 0.00s
Cleaning cache took 0.00s
Making clean stores took 0.00s
Initial gc. took 0.09s
DPI scale factor: 1.000000
nvdrs: Loaded, about to disable thread optimizations.
nvdrs: Disabled thread optimizations.
Creating interface object took 0.23s
Cleaning stores took 0.00s
Init translation took 0.13s
Build styles took 0.00s
Load screen analysis took 0.02s
Analyze screens took 0.02s
Save screen analysis took 0.06s
Prepare screens took 0.08s
Save pyanalysis. took 0.08s
Save bytecode. took 0.06s
Running _start took 0.02s
Performance test:
Interface start took 0.27s

Initializing gl2 renderer:
primary display bounds: (0, 0, 1920, 1080)
swap interval: 1 frames
Fullscreen mode.
Vendor: 'NVIDIA Corporation'
Renderer: 'NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2'
Version: '4.6.0 NVIDIA 531.79'
Display Info: None
Screen sizes: virtual=(1920, 1080) physical=(1920, 1080) drawable=(1920, 1080)
Maximum texture size: 4096x4096

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The text file that says script version is not always correct, you cannot count on that every time.
It should not be variable. The log.txt file pulls that version info from the renpy directory including file "vc_version.py"... the log file that's produced on startup can be trusted, I've not seen where it's ever been wrong since it pulls the data directly from the RenPy python files... in my experience anyway.

The code for the log.txt file generation can be found in each RenPy's version's "log.py" file.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
With that said, it's possible (but illogical) that the dev built the PC version on one RenPy and the Mac on another RenPy. That would explain the differences but makes no fucking sense at all why anyone would do that... again, imho.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
It should not be variable. The log.txt file pulls that version info from the renpy directory including file "vc_version.py"... the log file that's produced on startup can be trusted, I've not seen where it's ever been wrong since it pulls the data directly from the RenPy python files... in my experience anyway.

The code for the log.txt file generation can be found in each RenPy's version's "log.py" file.
That's the problem as I noted above, I could not build the MAC version with what's listed I had to use v8.0.3. I have seen this quite often in games, where it's listed as lets says v7.5.3, will build PC/Linux fine, but won't MAC, then I look in the int file and see the "other version" listed.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
That's the problem as I noted above, I could not build the MAC version with what's listed I had to use v8.0.3. I have seen this quite often in games, where it's listed as lets says v7.5.3, will build PC/Linux fine, but won't MAC, then I look in the int file and see the "other version" listed.
With that said, it's possible (but illogical) that the dev built the PC version on one RenPy and the Mac on another RenPy. That would explain the differences but makes no fucking sense at all why anyone would do that... again, imho.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I didn't see the second part, but it's just not that dev, seen quite frankly more times than I can remember.

Your comment also was not there when I was replying...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I didn't see the second part, but it's just not that dev, seen quite frankly more times than I can remember.

Your comment also was not there when I was replying...
I have a habit of editing post sometimes during the first minute or so after I actually read what my flying fingers are typing... it's a habit about as bad as me smoking.... but I refuse to accept that the whiskey sippin' is a bad habit yet :ROFLMAO:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I have a habit of editing post sometimes during the first minute or so after I actually read what my flying fingers are typing... it's a habit about as bad as me smoking.... but I refuse to accept that the whiskey sippin' is a bad habit yet :ROFLMAO:
Same here with beer, but I'm down to less than 3 packs a week of smoking (used to be a pack a day or more), but at the same time I'm vaping probably as much. No clue how much worse vaping is or better, can't imagine it being better.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Same here with beer, but I'm down to less than 3 packs a week of smoking (used to be a pack a day or more), but at the same time I'm vaping probably as much. No clue how much worse vaping is or better, can't imagine it being better.
And here I quit smoking almost 15 years ago. I rarely drink because it literally does nothing for me.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
And here I quit smoking almost 15 years ago. I rarely drink because it literally does nothing for me.
With some of the technical troubleshooting I have to do 'round this site I'm surprised it does anything for me anymore either :ROFLMAO:

Today was a doozie though... seems the "intellectually challenged" folks were out to get me today. I'll never know why it's difficult for some folks to follow a two-step installation process. But yet here I stand... glass in hand.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Last time I got drunk, about 3 or 4 years ago, I took 3 valium 10s with it. That was the only way I could get anything from it. Haven't touched any of that since.
I haven't done those in years (or Xanax), had a few friends die from doing those and drinking. I'm a lightweight for mostly everything. Buddy been on tabs most of his life has to take like 6 or them to even feel anything, after 2 in a few hours I get all pukey :sick:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I haven't done those in years (or Xanax), had a few friends die from doing those and drinking. I'm a lightweight for mostly everything. Buddy been on tabs most of his life has to take like 6 or them to even feel anything, after 2 in a few hours I get all pukey :sick:
Yeah. I had issues drinking when I was younger. 3 times I got alcohol poisoning. The last time... well that one was the worst. I literally couldn't get drunk anymore. But if I could've, I would've.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes