VN - Ren'Py - Bad Memories [v0.8.5] [recreation]

1. 5.00 star(s)

darkxlife

This game is amazing, good characters and story 10/10, can't wait until they complete it.

Then the cast is interesting:
    - the tsundere psychoterapist
    - the mom figure and his story,
    - the little sister (Ellie) are really cute,
    - the ellie's best friend are naughty and funny

This game is undroppeable.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

wdawe12341a

Generally more of a 2dcg person that enjoys a good plot and the right kinks but this was a great change of pace. The game isn't very long and can be finished in a couple hours but the writing is good and not too long, the renders look great and the pacing of scenes is almost perfect.

It feels like the creator knows what they want, which is, good old adult content with no bullshit keeping the user from getting what they want (which I feel often plague 3dcg content).

This was written on update v0.7.1, I played as a male and chose to follow every path possible in a single playthrough.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

SampleText0

Beautiful game, beautiful girls.
    Rare thing: you can choose male or female protagonist, and female part is suited jyst fine.
    Beautiful game, beautiful girls.
    Rare thing: you can choose male or female protagonist, and female part is suited jyst fine.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

AliceXxDawn

Really good game! Really enjoyed the story and the characters so far. Not a huge fan of Ellie, sadly but the other characters more than make up for it. Some really good animation in here as well.

7.0/10
  5. 5.00 star(s)

benny7

I wasn't sure about this one for the first part of the game but was pleasantly surprised as i got to know the characters longer. The art and animations are also really good. Each character feels unique but i'm really drawn to the step-mom and doctor. Glad i didn't drop this game after 20 minutes since i would of missed out.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Lemix

One of the best (lesbian) game on this site, great writing , no stupid bimbo bullshit, no forced harem, characters are not flat/has their own feelings and backstories, male/female mc choice is great, rare first person lesbian sex(barely any on this site and its great), the renders are fantastic, i would give this game 5/5 if not for the forced sister that u have to fuck(i have no problem with incest or anything like that), she is alright but for the fist time in my many playthroughts i decided to only pursue the girls i'm actually interested in (Rachel and Katherine) and discovered that u cant even reject her for no reason(u can reject Jada and there are different dialogues and she is still in the story, so i dont see any reason for it), the game is not called "how i fell in love with my lil sis" and she is not more of a character that any other so i dont see the point in forcing her, u can have platonic relationship with her and the world would not crumble, sorry for the rant, but that just how i feel, still the game is one of the best on this site so good like to the creator and i reccomend it to everyone as long as u like(or tolerate) a little bit of incest.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

escipio

The game is excellent. It is very satisfying to find an ero-game were the sex scenes are very well written and don't look like coming of the thin air. And even more difficult to find one were the incest is not forced, but plays naturally. Another plus: You can play as a female and have an all lesbian route, and is as well written as the male route and don't look at all like a patch. Don't need to talk aboute the over the top graphics, etc. 10/10
  8. 3.00 star(s)

nitkonikic

Just not my cup of tea.

Girl models are really good, bits of story are cute, but overall tone and most of all MC are annoying. Story definitely requires ton of suspension of disbelief (yes, more than your usual renpy game from f95).
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Angelray

The game allows to play as female, and for that, it's already cool.
    THen the cast is quite interesting:
    - the "step" "mom" figure,
    - the little sister
    - the naughty best friend of the little sister
    - the tsundere (yeah!) who has a crush
    and others.

Visually the girls are good looking. i'd say i'm disappointed with the clothing of the MC (female one) but I guess that's just me. I'd have loved to see more of her in a 3d person view rather than 1st. If I choose to play a female protagonist, it's to see her more. When i play a male protagonist, i don't really care about him but here, ...

The story is interesting even if it's based on a dark past. I'd say the dark past is a good reason to have the game. Personaly I already forgiven Rachel at the second meeting but i accept MC having need for more time.

There is sound but nothing really engaging.

A 4 stars game to follow, for sure.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Krynh

The story is great and the renders are specuactular, what's more to like?

Well thhere's plenty to like, first is the choice of being able to choose male or female as the protagonist and second that this is one of the few games with a femMC where there's no dicks involved. The story is both heartwarming and funny with little things going on in thhe background that you don't notice until playing a second time and paying attention.

Renders are a high level of detail with the proper lighting and expressions. The girls are all cute/hot, but only one will jump straight intoMC's pants without any wooing at all. Animations are superb and changing view points during sex scenes is hot.

No negatives that I can think of. If you're on the fence about checking out this game do go and play it. Buy it on steam too (unless you live in germany) :LOL:
  11. 5.00 star(s)

88Michele88

This review is related on Female Main Character.
    Exellent game and story. I liked it a lot how our Female chan aproach every character and decisions throug thewhole story plot.

I'm intrigued so much to see how things gonna work out in the end. I hope to see her sister speak again ano not saying only "Nya" I too tired to see her saing just only one word like she don't knwo how to speak anymore. When in the past weeard her clearl know pretty weel ho to speak while she defind her sister.

In gonna be good to see more contet in each everyone update. I hope a can make choise in the present day while I meet step mom outside the bar and tall to fuck off foreverything she did to our Female Main Character. Maby to see ho she can redeadm her self on Female Man Character eyses.

I can't wait see how the story gonna continue in future update and how much spicy situation we gonna discover.
    Female MC is hot as fuck.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Rundmck

Lots of sex. Enough variety in the renders. Each girl is attractive. Passable story that doesn't get in the way of the most important thing(sex scenes). And most importantly, no annoying grind. Katie is my favorite here.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

Fuck I really do love so much about this game. But... (rant incoming)

The renders are great, the characters (especially Ellie) are great to look at (Ellie!) and the overall aesthetic of the game is great, almost dreamlike.

However, the MC is written like such a whiny cunt that it honestly makes the game a chore to play. His inner monologue ranges somewhere between "angsty teen" and "valley girl" as he's either having douchey thoughts about everyone that isn't Ellie, or saying shit like "WTF" instead of "What the fuck?" which annoyed me to no end. There are also some gross scenes with the Rachel character that we have zero say in, so we have to sit and watch our MC being rapey to an admittedly drugged-up woman.

Back to some positive aspects;

Katherine's character model is spectacular. I really enjoy every scene with her, because her renders are just that good. And, hey, we actually get to choose how to handle the MCs interactions with her. (How 'bout that?) Although, the MC acts like she's being the biggest bitch in the world, when at most, she's just being kinda' bitchy. But of course, he overreacts like a weirdo.

The dream sequences were good and didn't bug me as much as they usually do in other VNs, they are used to lay ground for some backstory and that is done well for the most part.

I also really enjoyed the weird world the game builds. It feels off. But intentionally so. Goes back to the dreamlike vibe the aesthetic carries. I really love subtle shit like that. Great job by the Dev, as I'm 99% sure it's done purposely.

Overall, I really like so much about this VN, it's a fun world to navigate even though the player has to do so as a manchild.

Gonna go with 3* because 3.5 isn't an option on f95.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Luckzor

I played like half hour, couldn't stand the game any more because the MC is insufferable. Rachel is a good woman and the MC is an asshole with her because she was bad with him when he was a kid. She shows that she is sorry for what she did with him and still thinks that she is some kind of supervilian with a evil plan. Then he see her naked and start to lust for her, from nowhere he start to think about fuck her, he hate her but now he think she is sexy and any moment he have he have "dark" thoughs, when she says "I will do anything for you", in his toughts he start to laugh like an evil character thinking that he could fuck her.

He is stupid, Rachel sees that he is hungry she offers to make him something to eat, he thinks:

"is not dinner time and she wants to make me something to eat?"
    Really? he is so stupid to think that?

Don't make sense that the MC has represed memory, he remember that he hate Rachel and what she did to him, and for what I saw, the worst that Rachel did to him was yell at him, but he doesn't remember that his father beat Rachel almost all the time, and for a magic reason he start to get those represed memories that no one knows how he lose them.

He sees her sister dressed with her normal shorts and shirt, and he thinks that Elly is dressed to seduce someone. What guy in what world will think that of her little sister, and even more when you see her after so many years?

She did nothing and you think of her is a sexual way?

So MC asshole without reasons, he wants to fuck anything that have a pussy from the start, no matters if he hate that person or if is his sister, so he has no moral, thats not very realist.
    Has the emotional intelligence of a 8 years kid.
    He like most of MCs is really smart with some things and really stupid with others basic things, he could hack the Nasa but he can't brush his own teeths.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3045722

v0.7.1

Good :
    - Graphisms are beautiful
    - The story is dark and somewhat sad but nonetheless intriguing and truly interesting
    - The girls are beautiful with an endearing personality
    - POV gameplay
    - You can change the protagonist's name and chose between a male or female
    - Sex scenes are emotionals and nicely written
    - Pleasant music
    - Good animations

Bad :
    - None
  16. 5.00 star(s)

tyrannicpuppy

I think this may well be the best VN I've ever played. First things first, selection of gender makes for a huge difference to most right out of the gate. So nice to have that option in there.

Secondly, the renders are sublime. Every single one is beautiful in its own right and together they make a lovely lived-in world full of character, even if the city itself isn't overflowing with background action at all times.

Thirdly, the fluidity of the moving scenes is utterly pristine. I can't imagine how long some of them must have taken to render but I will say the effort was absolutely worth it for the end product.

The only slightly odd part is the ease with which every single person you meet seems DTF, but hey, it's a VN so that's kind of expected, and not something I dislike in any way at all.

I'd have been shattered if I had to miss out on all that delicious flirting with the stunning Hanna in order to stick to Ellie's path or such.

Currently played on v0.7.1. Oh, and the music choices are very nice. Not overly loud or intrusive at any point. Great at adding a little emphasis or emotion when needed. Normally I play with something else in the background as most VNs tend to be silent or obnoxious with their sounds.

Kudos and cannot wait to play more of this masterpiece.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

StephenClukis33

This could be a good game if the player was given more choice, there are few likable Characters in the game itself, Rachel being the only standout but she is pushed to the background by either irritating characters or cold characters that interactions are a chore to sit through, There is a good game hidden amongst the filler & an interesting story but there are too many characters with little to no depth outside of one or two
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Solerthesun

Good things:
    -Every character is memorable
    -Almost every character have the same amount of time in screen
    -Good renders
    -Good animations
    -The main story is kind of dark and confusing but in a good way.
    Bad Things:
    -Last like a 4 or 5 hours.
    -Some things in the main story just happens and never gets a resolution.

This is a very good game, the story of rachel is very blurry and confusing but very intriguing and every action with her is very, very enjoyable and i want to see more of every one of them.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Porthas

Easily one of the best games on this site. Interesting story, a bit dark, quirky, you don't know what's going to happen next. Girls who don't look like they're copy-pasted out of a couple popular game engines. Personalities that you remember 6 months later when the update comes out and you start playing again.

There's also a lot of attention to detail and care in the lewd scenes... which of course does the characters justice.

Very interesting game, very interesting story. The update... was definitely worth the wait and was definitely substantial.

I don't give any game 5 stars... they're handed out like candy... but this is definitely in my top 3 games. Keeping an eye on and supporting this, excited to see where it goes. Good job dev, well done.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

oaiki

One of the highest quality rendered games I have come across; I am amazed at the attention to detail in each scence, particularly as many have alternate versions because of the choice of the MC's gender. This alone is ample justification for the time taken on updates. The story line too, is intriguing and is developing at a nice pace