VN - Ren'Py - Bad Memories [v0.9] [recreation]

1. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Honestly its a pretty good start to what might turn into something great. Lots of back story being put out there, and emotion as well. Looking forward to seeing where this gem goes in the future. Probably the first demo I've gone through that makes me want to tune in and see where it goes.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

seamanq

Pros: Recreation is a visual artist, and I love the work they have done in creating beautiful characters and renders. While Ellie may not be everyone's cup of tea, I think she has a beautiful innocence about her, as well as being highly original and human looking, with well-crafted skin textures.

The first game is long enough to tell the story and situate the characters so that the backstory is at least understandable. The closeness between the MC and Ellie is told well, but not in a bawdy way. Even though the MC has bad feelings towards his dad's ex-girlfriend, he manages to put them to the side and they start to develop a relationship.

The side characters (the therapist, Ellie's friends) are interesting as well, and show some promise for adventtures in the future.

Cons: The creator uses some unconventional ways to convey story information without graphics by going to black screen. They then use a grey text popup with timing from Ren'py but a glitch in the software is making that grey text persist into later shots. I am sure this is just a matter of playing around with the timings somewhat.

The story has some typos as well. Running things through a grammar checker would help a lot.

Overall sentiment: This is a game with story and graphics which was painstakingly crafted (which is very clear in the visuals) and carefully written. I look forward to how the story will develop down the line and will update this as more content is added.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

DraKalicDM

Very compelling for beta gonna be honest.
    This game has some serious potential, with all the emotions attached to this story I can really see it going somewhere interesting.

Ellie is the cutest, and the way she is portrayed is fantastic, I look forward to the future progress of this story.

I would suggest giving it a look, it may still be very short, but the potential is certainly there.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Mirewen

Finaly found a diamond amongst the far mayority of games... Game reads truly as a novel. Has an interesting storyline and beautiful graphics.
    Although this is just a teaser version, no real nudity or sexacts, but there's a novel in the making. If Dev keeps this up, I'm sure he'll get some money out of it. Just keep on telling the story. no matter the sexacts all players want in the first three releases... Keep on building this novel with the strong start you've already done.
    worth 5* all day long