VN - Ren'Py - Baddies Inc. [v0.1.10] [FOZ]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Remembrance

For: v0.1.09

The visuals look nice, the audio isn't bad & the story looks decent.
    Then why 1 star?
    Cause it's a game 1st & foremost, and it's almost unplayable.
    Often times variables are used in the opposite ways in different parts of the story, making it a incoherent mess with zero continuity.
    Oh, you blamed Jaiden? Well it's a coin toss whether the game treats it as you blamed him or took responsibility, making your choice pointless.

Also what's with using persistent variables to store game choices? It totally messes up save-load, especially on different routes, cause persistent variables are affected across saves: i.e. if you say yes to girl 1, it gets changed in all your saves, even in ones you didn't go that route.

This is not a release worthy game, if the dev cannot use variables properly to tell a story that makes sense. The game's a jumbled mess where non of your choices matter, not cause the story is written like that, but because the variable usage is messed up by the dev & even if you choose something, like option A, you will get the result of choosing option A in some scenes & the result of not choosing option A in other scenes...:FacePalm::KEK:
    Between 2.5-4 stars if the game is fixed to work as intended. Have to get a feel of the fixed game before making an accurate judgement
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Abaddon Doom

I really tried to like this, but, ultimately, I failed!
    Maybe it's just a 'me' problem, however, whilst I liked the protagonist and his team, the game felt superfluous and empty, without real meaning or context.

Don't get me wrong, the protagonist has a lot of attractive options and invites open to him, he's young and good looking, women are naturally attracted to him...however, it all felt superficial and inconsequential.
    What I couldn't understand, was the fact that he has the most beautiful, raven-haired, voluptuous girlfriend...and he's still looking to play the field.

I'm obviously just getting old...
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Ayyar

Probably closer to 3.5 stars than 3, but since theres no way to do that...

There's a lot of good in this game but the significant issues keep me from really liking it.

So what is good: the models and renders are quite nice. The animations tend to be be smooth and are proper animations not a glorified slideshow. The women introduced so far have a range of body types and personalities which is nice to see. Probably a bit more curvy than others but that appeals to me. The story is pretty unique being about a guy starting up a dating company in a silicon valley/san fransisco-esque setting. There is also a fair bit of choice in terms of which characters to interact with and other things like what company culture you are going for however this also leads into one of the bads...

The neutral: I'm not a fan of the main character appearance, but we don't have to see him that often. I don't really care for the often almost masturbatory approach to capitalism, however i'm putting personal politics aside for this review.

The Bad: The game either has coding or QA issues, I'm not sure where the problems stem from. However what it boils down to is that while the game indicates there are decisions you can make the dialogue and actions of the characters don't reflect those decisions. As an example you can have sex with a lady on the way to your meeting. However regardless of whether you do or not the game says you show up late, even though when you don't stop for a quickie the game also says, you're a half hour early and have plenty of time. This is just one example but i've noticed it many, many times. It makes your decisons feel like they have little weight, and sometimes i've even questions if i picked the path i thought i did because the game suggested the opposite happened. So very big negative there IMO.

The other major negative in my opinion is the animation menu for sex scenes. The bar that shows your approach to climax can be clicked to advance but is miniscule. Its also annoying when I'm replaying a scene that there is no way to fast forward through the scene with the CTRL key. Please just have a button that says cum, next to the scene options. This problem is exacerbated by the other problem. I found myself replaying scenes multiple times when i found errors with the coding to check if different options led to different results. and every time i got to a sex scene i had to stop just pressing the skip button to furiously mash left click on the tiny little orgasm bar. poor design choice in my opinion.

TLDR: a lot of potential but needs some good QA and a simple overhaul of the sex scene mechanics
  4. 5.00 star(s)

WillyJohnFargo

A bit of a surprise with this one, I had left this game alone for a while. I'm glad I finally give it a try. Good graphics, hot babes, fun but not zany storyline that hits many of the popular beats without going into "it's been done" territory, I am very impressed. I am now a fan, and will be looking forward to each subsequent release if the dev(s) continue delivering such things.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

Ok story about a guy and his startup. Typical story about big dick guy falling into pussy all the time.

It's basically in line with the dev's previous game. An ok, fapping good time. 3.5/5 stars.

Pros:
    • Lots of sex scenes
    • Solid UI

Cons:
    • Models are same looking.
    • Story sort of meanders and consists mainly of the MC fucking what feels like mostly random women he just met. His landlady has cancer and he was raising money for her and it sets up the landlady's hot MILF friend but still doesn't do anything with it at this point.
    • Latest version has some coding error, where game scenes don't reflect the decisions you made earlier.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

_ShotInTheDark_

Very good game! I love the renders, the girls are hot and the update size is decent.

The Story is interesting, usually I am skipping most of the dialogues in other games, here I read them.

Looking forward for next updates!
  7. 3.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

This is an interesting AVN for me. Full disclosure, I like the devs previous game. It wasn't great, but they worked hard on it, it was pretty good and they completed it with some good endings.

For this AVN, you can clearly see the devs improvements in production quality and storytelling. We need to celebrate and encourage devs like this because there are not that many around. So for that reason alone, the dev earns one extra star to start.

I am enjoying the story and am looking forward to future conflicts with their business rival. I also like the relationships and the characters, although they are somewhat common tropes. Of course, I love the look and feel of it.

On the negative side, a lot of the characters are pulled directly from his first game. Also, some of the choices are limited and I hate being forced into a relationship and there seems to be a lot of that. Natalie is just horrible. Her looks suck. Her personality sucks. The last thing I wanted the MC to do was spend time with her, but there were no other choices. Then the annoying girl at the club. Could not ditch her either.

IDK, I really liked the first release, but this second one was just silly. It suddenly became an entirely different game and the new LIs are all such shallow, wastes of space. And some of the dialogue choices were limiting. Like the girl who gave the MC the docs in the elevator. I wanted to throw them out because she didn't give him a choice and walked away. Then at the bar I would have liked the MC to put her in her place more like say something like "if it were that important to you then you should have done it yourself rather than dump them on some stranger."

Anyway, this is similar to the devs first release in that I did not like a lot of the story elements. But again, the dev works hard and puts out solid, regular releases and for that they should be rewarded.

Good luck to the dev. I will be keeping an eye on this.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

sinkind

Nothing new or interesting, very basic stuff that you saw in hundreds of adult games at this point, but honestly it's not a bad thing, at least you know what you'll get.
    Slightly above average renders, variety of girls is ok, amount of content is good.
    Story is...happening. You have almost no control over it so it's basically doesn't really matter, we don't play AVN for complex story and slowburn.
    Why only 3 stars? Because every time one particular LI (Nat) is forced on you and you can't turn her down i took off 1 star. It was 2 sex scenes so far, so that's it. Why tf is every other girl can be avoided but she's not? Bad decision imo.

Overall can recommend if you dont care about player's agency.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Ceesko

Game is very interesting and has multiple paths depending on your choices. Girls and models are very hot and the flirty dialogue is very well made and hot. I like the cut throat-materialistic personalities of most the cast it is a refreshing change from doing VNs with the same characters over and over again.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Johanno

Well it is fine.
    Art: 7/10
    Gameplay: 1/10
    Sex: 8/10
    Story: Idk didn't read it. Didn't miss anything important it seems.

This is almost not a game. I know that VN are very story loaded, but man no choice does actually mean anything. It is more of a question of: Do you want to see the sex scene?
    Other choices are just there to pretend being a game.
    The sex scenes are great but no sound whats so ever.

The story might be not that bad maybe, but I don't read mediocre writing for 4h straight in order to then click one item and continue reading.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

jannoslynt

First release and it is already one of the best games you can find around here!
    -Renders 10/10 great quality
    -Animations 9/10
    -Plot 9/10 Refreshing to see it is about business and app dev. (we had enough college with the other game xD) I like the filmaking resources to achieve a more dynamic game and gives more freedom so we can enjoy a better balance between the hot and the plot
    -Hot&Kink Well 9/10, i am writing this after playing first release and it has already a lot of naughty things to enjoy
    -Cast 10/10 As in Collenge Bound, you can enjoy a bit of everything with these characters. Great diversity among the girls and all of them hot. I even wanted to fuck the motel old lady (hope this can be fix on a future release xD)

College Bound was already too much fun and by the looks of the first release of this one you can already see the dev has improved everything.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

PhantomRem

Great game so far,you can tell the dev is going all out on this one,i just hope the ambition to make everything interactive doesnt mess with the general workflow of the game,would be annoying having to click through a bunch of prompts to get through different menus and scenes,so i wish all the best in the direction the dev is heading especially since i enjoyed college bound and i have high hopes this game will be a hit in the future! Will be keeping a close eye on this one.