VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Balance of the Force [v0.1.9.4] [Doubblenow]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Schattenlust

had high hopes for a quality Star Wars-themed Adult Visual Novel, but version 0.1.9.4 left me bitterly disappointed. With no updates in years and the developer maintaining a frustrating silence, the potential for an immersive adult experience in the Star Wars universe remains unfulfilled. It's a shame to see such promise abandoned and unexplored
  2. 5.00 star(s)

tkyash

Wonderful game with impressive Star Wars elements. The story is quite interesting and I am looking forward to seeing where it goes. Good high quality custom renders. Hope to play more soon. Also hope the thread and the game get more exposure, it's one of the good games.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Catwashere

So far this is a good Star Wars parody with a unique story with nice characters so far, the game is going in a good direction, i like we get to play as a non cannon Star Wars character. The game as ways to customize stats and that is cool as long as it is used in a good way. The game is still early in dev and may get better with more of the story being made.

Sex. 6.5/10 not much yet
    Story. 9/10
    Characters. 9/10
    Renders/art. 9.5/10
    review may change as more updates come out.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

This game is very interesting. It combines a VN with an RPG. There are many different stats, skills, and even branching in the way the game goes.

The idea is very impressive but I fear it is far too ambitious. With there currently being 2 large branches and so many ways to craft your character, I think the game is simply too big to achieve in a realistic timetable. I personally think the RPG system needs to be simplified way more or else it is just way too complicated.

I hope the best for this project and look forward to seeing more but I am cautiously optimistic at best. It is worth a try although it is pretty short right now.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jove76

Very interesting project. Visually very appealing, and well written, aside from quite a few typos/spelling errors. It certainly has huge aspirations. An earnest attempt to make a proper RPG in RenPy, which I have wanted to see for a long time. The fact it also has completely different stories based on single choice is very impressive.
    However, as terrific as those traits are, they also make me apprehensive about this project. Given that it is two totally different stories from almost the first moment, and the complicated nature of trying to employ a real RPG system, this will take an incredibly long time to progress significantly in content. It already is not a fast developing project, and the fact that one may only see half the content even from the first choice, means it will take twice as long as even its basic pace.
    It could be genuinely stellar...if I live long enough to actually see it develop. May the force be with you.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

Game looks promising. I like the stat system and opportunity to develop abilities. It might be great if mix of abilities and choices would huge impact about future situations. Render is fine girs are beauty.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

RoadWulf

Review for the current state: Demo version 0.1.3

It is quite a rare sight on F95 to find a parody game with an original story that does not co-opt Mainline characters in order to tell it's story. Even more so in a Star Wars game do we ever see a game where we don't get those characters acting so far outside the realm of their normal behavior. Especially ones where the female characters are sluttified and turned into sex slaves or worse.

So when we have a game like this that is created not only with our particular audience in mind that loves it's nudity and sex themes, but also tries to stay true to the Star Wars lineage in it's original story, it's hard not to praise Doubblenow for his artistic ability. This game is still in it's early days and could use a polish here or there. However, that is the least of what people should pay attention to for this game.

He is writing a worthwhile story, while keeping the locales and themes in sync with the universe he's placing it all in.

I can't wait to see his fully fleshed out characters, and a point at which this game jumps out of the Demo phase.