VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Bare Witness [Ch. 5] [AlterWorlds]

1. 5.00 star(s)

LinkinBono

Just finished playing, really good start so far. I usually don’t play .1 games, but I had to check it out due to the reviews, and they did not let me down. The models are all different and unique, haven’t seen them before in other AVNs, granted I am still somewhat to the community. Writing is the strong point in this game, and the MC is relatable and not an creep. Congrats devs. Will definitely be following!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

TheLonelyGhost

A school based game that isn't based around you being a student? That's refreshing! The story of this game is actually set up very well and has plenty of intrigue. The writing is good too, which is a bit of a rarity in AVNs.

The models are good, the one thing I'll critique is there is a few shots of the MC in some tighty-whities and... he needs to see a doctor, that shit is not right. The girls have more variety than most games and a girl with tattoos which is my weakness.

This one has been added to the pile of can't-wait-to-play-mores that I have. It's not a top tier game yet, but it has the potential to be. Good work.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

VNwhiteknight

Great start with likeable, interesting characters.
    Well written with amazing renders, I also liked the music choices.
    Intrigued by the MC's past and current situation along with the the overall plot.
    Excited to see the rest of the story and how the MC's relationships progress.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

D Dog

Good solid start to the game with a good foundation in story, renders and character development. I give it a solid 4 stars, the only problem I have is the color of some of the fonts makes it really hard to read the text.

I will be watching this in the future to see where it goes.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

desmosome

[Ch .1]

This is a pretty strong first release where we mostly just get to know the girls. It's not overly short and sets the stage rather nicely.

The dev has done a great job at presenting natural spoken dialogues. They also did a nice job at keeping all the interactions quite grounded in reality. I will expand upon this in the next paragraph. All things considered, this is something that will definitely appeal to the majority of F95zone denizens that prefer the standard romance with a good natured MC that is apparently so charming that all girls will be drawn to him.

I tend to rate games based on what I perceive to be the dev's intentions and whether they succeed in delivering what they envisioned. For the most part, I believe they did a good job at following the standard formula for a college romance wish fulfillment type of game with a non rapey MC. That said, the strengths of this game are a bit of a double edged sword. The game does a great job at keeping everything realistic. We practice safe sex. There are incredible amounts of small talk as we get to know the girls. MC can't creep on girls with reckless abandon. These are certainly things people could appreciate. However, I couldn't help but feel rather bored by the whole thing. It's too mundane. Too realistic.

I won't rate it harshly for essentially being too vanilla for my tastes. I am pretty sure that this is exactly the formula the majority are into. Plus, there are nuggets in this chapter about a past drama and a cliff hanger to get that ball rolling. Perhaps the plot won't be so mundane after all?
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deja Vu1234567

Excellent first release. I enjoyed the game. I was curious and looked into the code and found out that we cannot use a particular name for the character. I wonder why can't MC be named with that particular name. The suspense is killing me. The renders are neat, and there are new girls in the game which I have not seen in other AVN's. The writing of the game is good too. The game also contains music. The best thing I've noticed in this game is the way the music has been added. I use a lot of rollbacks in Renpy games and have seen that when I roll back, the music stops playing or changes to a new one, and it gets a bit annoying. This game handles it perfectly well, and there aren't a lot of games that do this. I believe every game needs to end their update with suspense so that people can keep thinking over it, and we got an ending that creates a bit of suspense as to why the lady called MC with some other name, how she is related to MC. The playtime of the first release is between 20-40 minutes, which I believe is a decent amount of time for the first release.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Varador

This is my review for the initial release, I don't know where it'll lead but currently it is very well written compared to some other similar games. It has nsfw action right away if that's your thing but if not (what ?) there are well written likeable characters you get to interact with and you can enjoy the semi light-hearted story (it has the potential to go dark but we'll see). It's refreshing to see your main is not "a badly written nice guy that goes around raping people when they sleep"... for now.
    Most games have good graphics so does this but not all games have good storytelling. So I would suggest giving this game a chance.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Nine of Swords

So you see seven underwear-clad girls on the banner image, and you're like "oh, it's one of those." But it ain't! Bare Witness starts building a little mystery from the first few lines of dialogue, always keeping the full truth just a bit out of reach (for now, at least). Are the girls sexy? Incredibly! But there's more to it than that, as they have their own personalities (and I do NOT TRUST ONE OF THEM, ahem) that make them more than just potential holes to ram things in to. I'd been looking forward to this release and it didn't let me down.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

This is for Ch.1, so not terribly much story or character development so far. What is there however seems very promising. Art is good (thankfully none of the widespread anatomical monstrosities so far), characters seem mostly relatable, friendly and interesting. Don't know how the story will develop, so far it has a bit of "hey, nice to meet you, fancy a shag?" vibe, but the writing is good enough so that this is no problem (it is kind of warmhearted and respectful, if that makes any sense.)
  10. 3.00 star(s)

Osamabeenfappin

Average VN. Renders are kinda nice,but sadly ruined by characters that are offputting at best. MC is you're basic Simp that you've seen in a 1000 other adult novels. No personality,and no backbone. Maybe in the future it busts out of the average category, but don't let the fawning fool you, there's nothing special about this VN.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

Good first chapter
    Renders are clean
    Characters are dynamic and mesh well together
    Story is interesting

Overall
    This is a good start to this VN. The characters all have dynamic flow with each other. The story is good enough to catch your attention and makes you want more. There's a decent amount of content as well. Several different choices in there as well. I'm just left wanting more because I think it could be a real good harem game in the future. Just my opinion. There are already way to many hot chicks to chose just one. Hopefully this is added at some point. Just my opinion. It's a good VN either way. I recommend it. Good luck to the dev, and hopefully we won't have to wait 6 months for an update.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

sigalchris

Really promising start to the game. I like the characters and the renders are very good. The story shows a lot of thought has gone into it. I think we will get a lot more backstory on the MC in the next chapter. I'm intrigued and that is good enough for a first game release.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Jack Redd Games

Solid game, great renders. Story has a lot of potential for sure, I look forward to seeing where it goes. Good variety of characters, and potential for a throuple ending is a huge + for me. Lots of room for intrigue which is nice, but some aspects of the witness protection stuff seems a bit weird. (Still being in touch with his dad, marshal's letting a dean of the school know, somebody he knows being there, also just the fact that it seems to be pretty close to where he lived when he was not in witsec, unless of course it ends up being that his whole new york life is his witsec life. IDK... but i'm interested to find out.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

scooterb852

Full disclosure: prefer writing\story enhanced through visuals.

This first chapter (of five planned) is an excellent start to this AVN. Storm (writer side of AW) has really put together a solid story premise that feels fresh and distinct. This is not his first rodeo and it shows. With seven LIs it is no small feet to establish their personalities, motivations, and desires right out of the gate, but Storm as done a great job doing just that. Granted while two are still a bit of a mystery, the others get very good intros and dialog so as not to be looked over. This story looks to have many different paths with the LIs which I personally enjoy so excited to see how it all plays out over the next chapters.

Slockie (visual side of AW) has been putting blood, sweat, and literal tears into his renders over the past few months as we have seen on the AW discord. You can join and see for yourself. He has made tremendous progress in his skills and continues to get better every single day. The LIs, environments, and assets (my god - real food!) are all great and help enhance the telling of the story. Slockie has come a long way in a very short time and can't wait to see Chapter 2's visuals and animations!

Also having music was a great choice!

The AlterWorlds team has come out of the gate with a solid performance for their first AVN and I strongly recommend you give it a try.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

This game is a fun experience. Introduction was super good. Renders and girls looks beautiful. Story is quite interesting and engaging. Lewd scenes and animations are arousing. I'm looking forward to new updates in the future.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

WhyBotherYouAsk

Awesome renders. That's about it.
    MC has no backstory and that makes it really hard to identify with him and without that it's hard to make any connections to the other characters, because sometimes it seems he's lying and how do I know which of my choices are true and meaningful and which aren't.
    Seems learning about the mc's story is the goal of the game. I don't like that. And a dean that informs the mc in witsec he's been contacted by the Marshals without the witness knowing about this first is an absolute no-no. He'd be informed that the Marshal is planning to contact the dean first and then that he has contacted him to confirm.
    I'm not a fan of cougars so it's good at least I can turn people down.
    Played it muted, music to upbeat for my taste.
    Again, great renders, which brings this to 3 stars.
    Maybe I'll check again when its finished.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Ashley Remington

If you are reading reviews in order to decide whether you should download Bare Witness, the answer is yes.

You don’t need spoilers in your life.

Go check it out for yourself without anyone skewing your expectations and getting you all hyped.

Ah, you’re back. Slow internet connection, huh?

Alright, out of context spoilers!

Ever play a game with “roommates” and it makes you roll your eyes? You gotta go download the stupid patch and then figure out which patch.rpy to copy from your download folder.

Well, this game has an easy fix for you. They’re really just roommates! Not your sister. And I can confidently tell you that it’s a welcome change of pace.

Don’t confuse incest with taboo. Incest is a form of taboo, sure, but it’s a limited subset of it.
    Taboo is when you aren’t supposed to do something and it makes things hotter as a result.

Picture this. You have a cute roommate. You can’t fuck her. If you do, you could destroy your home life. It’s a delicate balance, a potential powder keg that you don’t want to light. You just want to go home to a peaceful house and chill.

You can’t even flirt with her really. If you do, you could humiliate yourself and live forever in awkward hell. She could have her hot friends over and overhear her say "sorry, my creepy roommate is home."

Are you going to sneak into her room and check the tags on her bras to see her cup size? Obviously. Just in case you need to buy her one for her birthday.

But you’re a gentleman.

You wouldn’t fuck things up.

Wait! Was she just flirting with you?

Anyway, the game has great renders, engaging dialogue and all the right ingredients for an interesting story.

And it should be finished downloading now.

Enjoy.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Cherryboys77

I highly recommend this game
    Awesome renders
    Awesome girls
    Looks really realistic
    The story is interesting and well written

This is the first game for me in which MC uses a condom during sex
    a big thumbs up :ROFLMAO:

and also dev please add more scenes with Nicole in the next update
    You deserve 69 stars but sadly I could only give you 5
  19. 5.00 star(s)

FunFuntomes

Suggestions: can we get a 10 stars rating system for games like this? please ?

The story is yet to be revealed but we can clearly see it's gonna be an interesting game,

we got a lovely cast of possible love interests, each lovely beyind the limits of comprehension. each speaking her unique way.

Renders are a labor of love with attention to details (if you ignore the phone issue)... dat freckled face you just want to kiss....

this game is just lovely
  20. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

Off to a solid start
    Gives you the layout of what to expect in the future and the story has a bit of intriguing aspects
    Well written and neatly organized
    Great renders with new assets and Hot models that have good amount of details
    All in all a pretty enjoyable VN definitely worth it to give it a shot
    Definitely has huge potential to be something great
    Goodluck dev and keep up the good work.