• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Basic logic, commands, rulez

Creator13

Starting developer
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2023
I know that maybe somebody will be upset that I am asking this very basic thing. But even after several mounts I didn´t find it. :D :cry:
Because probably everyone knows how to do it. So nobody teaching it /showing it.

If my characters need to obtain something..affection, health potions etc.
Example:

default lucy_love = 0
then
$ lucy_love = lucy_love +1
(so...in game my character will gain "lucy_love")
This what I saw, and I was using it like this.
But then I find myself using just
$ lucy_love += 1

What is the different? Work both.

But how I will reset it? Like if main character will go with Jane instead of Lucy. Lucy is upset and he should lost all his points. Then I need $ lucy_love -= ?? I tried just $ lucy_love == 0. Didn´t work.
Or..how to make it not going into minus (below zero).

Another issue for example with positions of pictures.
I can´t find how to use command "show" with more possibilities then "at left" "at right" "at center"...
For sure I saw that people are using two or three characters on one side...but HOW?
Can I use xpos, ypos, xalign, yalign with commands like "show" "scene" ?
Because I tried and it didn´t work...but..It could just be wrong spacing.
I saw videos where they use command "image", but again..what is difference from "show".

I am pretty sure these commands are very basic thing...so this must make a lot of people smile. The thing is, that I tried to register into lemmasoft, but there is password needed form sobody already registered, so..not possible.

Thank you for advise.