basic process of game development

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone please explain the basic process of how these sorts of games on here are made, It seems many of them use the same model for example? Do they buy a packge of images and then modify them or ?. Is there like a basic tutorial that I could watch to better understand the process?. I have a decent amount of coding experience but I still do not get how all of this comes together.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
They are put together by a software called "Ren'Py", also known as game engine, it is fairly easy to use and you can follow along this tutorial series and make something yourself:

As far as models go, you are partially correct.
You find them similar because most of them are made with DAZ3D, another software used to render images that are then put together with Ren'Py to make a game.

Reactions: Lakan and Dave98424

Dave98424

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks for that example, it was very informative. The only remaining question I have is in order to make a quality game do you have to be an artist to utilize these tools. I am a decent coder and am sure I can figure out that aspect of the process but I can't draw for shit so lol. I have an idea for a game I really want to make but only if it can be done correctly. Also as a sidenote is there a recommeneded source for locating people that have experience with the graphic side of making these games so maybe I could partner up with someone.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
You could ask on Reddit: r/NSFWGaming and r/Lewdgames, easier to find someone if you put an example of your game with placeholders.

As far as DAZ3D goes, you do not need to be an artist in the traditional sense, it is more about gaining knowledge and learning how that software works.