Ren'Py - Battle Slaves [v0.5] [Adn700]

1. 1.00 star(s)

rainwake

v0.5

It may look like a fighting game, but it's not. It's a turn based game with 2 attacks (regular attack and a special attack that can only be used once per fight) and a grindy level up system that requires gems. Each fight rewards you with gems for winning. Most fights end in 2-3 attacks. If you can't beat the fight, you'll need to grind more gems by starting the campaign over to afford more level ups. That's it, that's the game

For a game that's so ridiculously basic, it also manages to be ridiculously grindy. Other than the starting 2 characters, all the characters are either locked behind a paywall or behind a lot of gems
  2. 1.00 star(s)

freeko

I am not sure what is going on here. No story that leads up to.. anything. The characters look hollow and unrelatable. Just nothing here that can not be done in some mugen clone it feels like. Ren'py is probably the last system I might have guessed if someone tried to explain the basic concept of the game.

With that in mind, what is the basic concept of the game? Oh, I have no clue either. Hard pass.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

El Presidente

This is a minigame, not a game. It have no mechanic that make it complex, just press 3 buttons and hope this time you get a good number.
    The art are just static images with no actually sexual scene, i'm surprise that i have not seen a character in T pose. The game also force you to grind cristals, that means you must press the same botton just to have some power and move on.
    It need some thought and better ideas.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

slowman

Alright nearly all of the fights are down to rng (some fighters counter others like rock paper scissors and who you fight each time is random so spam clicking is the only way to win sometimes) and this game is a total grind fest with little to no pay off.
    THERE IS NO SEXUAL CONTENT.
    Quite frankly i should give this a one star since its eating up dev time for dungeon slaves but since i like that game ill give this 2.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Sun Quan

This one was probably released a bit too early, to be honest. It's got... issues.

First off, for the love of Crom, please put in an option to lower the music volume!

Gameplay wise, there's not a lot going on. You can do fights to earn "diamonds" to unlock stuff but three or four matches are the limit so far. Each match gets progressively harder (opponents have more HPs and do more damage). The option to train your fighter doesn't work yet, so after four fights you just get beat, plain and simple. Then it's game over and all progress is lost, so not much reason to play again.

Looks wise it's OK. The stages seem like random placements, apparently to go along with the storyline of your fighter being owned by some cosmic being who wants you to fight in different areas of the universe for their amusement. They look fine, somewhat low rez, and are plain enough to generally ignore while fighting. The fights aren't animated as such, just two or three different poses with some slight body movement. There's no visual difference between regular hits and special ones except for a slight growing of your character.

The two characters that are available are of the "bimbo" variety and the other, incomplete (greyed out) girls show similar traits, so one imagines they'll all be that way. They look OK to me but, as that's not my personal kink, I wasn't very attracted to the models. Only slight nudity in victory and defeat poses, so not much going on there and no sexual content as of yet.

There's groundwork laid for a number of options to be added but as of version 0.16 I'd say a good 85% of them aren't available yet. As such I can't really give a good rating for this game. The fights were short and unexciting and the characters have no personal story or moments of development. Very little content exists other than the initial fighting and, as there's no sexual content, very little nudity, and I'm not into the huge hips and basketball tits look, I couldn't even really say it was sexy.

The developer seems to have put a bit of work into the game and has ambitions to do more but right now I'd say they jumped the gun in releasing it for public consumption. I'd highly suggest putting a bit more work into the gameplay and perhaps adding some of the greyed out options and features before releasing the next version. Making the fights a bit more interesting would help a lot as well, considering it's the apparent basis of the game.

As of right now I'm going to leave the low rating as is. Later on, after a few more versions, I'll probably revisit it and hopefully change the grade for the better. Hang in there, dev.