Unreal Engine - Beasts in the Sun [Ep.1 Supporter v8.1] [Animo Pron]

1. 1.00 star(s)

DKOC

Updated Review, for V1 (Episode 1). [Aug 31/2023] Still 1 star. Reasons:

1. No save/load, and it takes like 30 minutes to get back to the tomb section, where the teaser started off.

2. If you grab the crate, you get stuck in terrain. No unstuck button, so had to quit the game.

3. Only saw 1 scene, the statue. Its.. okay. The camera controls are horrific, the "gameplay" is confusing with no tooltips over what each thing is, and its really, really, really hard to get a good angle without the camera clipping into Tara's body.

4. Lots of environmental clipping where you pass through rocks and other things that look solid while you try to jump onto ledges and some that look like climbable ledges aren't.

5. No health bar, but there is a call of duty-esque flashing screen effect. Not as efficient at expressing near death state like COD or Tomb Raider games does it. Not a fan.

6. Breath meter underwater is tied to this health effect. So if you barely survived to surface, it takes like 15-20 seconds to fully heal, and so you can't dive until then.

7. Underwater swimming is a bit sketchy, as the IK rig gets confused and tries to crawl on the bottom... its hard to explain but it makes swimming problematic.

8. Graphically... its good if on Epic. My machine is older, and not as powerful, so set most things to medium/high, and got massive artifacting, weird black lines, body highlighting issues / glows, and a lot of heating up my aging GPU.

9. No butt physics, okayish boob physics, and much fewer customization options than the teaser. Like we lost over 50% of them. Unless they are tied to rarely found pickups, its much less. Also still doesn't have blonde hair option.

10. It has a lot of Tomb Raider vibes, but you do have weird clipping into ledges and a lot of the QOL animations aren't in yet, like reaching, so that you know that you are about to go in X direction.

11. Couldn't throw the crate I grabbed.

12. Grabbed a torch in a cutscene and it disappeared. Not to inventory or anything.

13. No unstuck button. Didn't the Teaser have one?

14. Lockpick minigame is better than most, but still not a huge fan of it. Its tolerable at least.

15. Interaction animations take way too long. Like the chest that I unlocked, took like 10 seconds to complete.

16. Why can I lockpick a chest, but the door next to it is locked and can't be picked?

17. I'm all for those that want watersports, but why not a masturbation and squirt animation too?

18. Not sure if there are autosaves or checkpoints.

=====

Now, its not all bad. Things I liked:

-> Hair physics.
    -> Pretty decent swim animations on the water surface.
    -> Skippable cutscenes.
    -> Subtitles.
    -> Gaping in sex animation.
    -> Decent inventory interface and option menu interactions.
    -> Nipple customization.
    -> Findable notes that are quite interesting to read.
    -> Variety of environments and ambience effects.
    -> Reasonably good graphics (when everything was at Epic at least).
    -> The water is quite nice, visually and audibly.

=====

However, until the game gets save/load and/or an unstuck button, its going to stay 1 star. There is just too much potential to get screwed over by one little thing, to kill all progress, like what happened to me, so I won't be playing it in the future until it gets added, because it takes a long time to get to the first sex animation.

If it had these two features, I'd probably rate it a 3 or 3.5
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Invo Nova

Graphics are good. I like this. Looking forward for a release. I can see that this has a good potential for a great story line. Keep up the good work. But there are several bugs and sometimes the game keeps crashing. But i guess it only a teaser right. Nice work.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

RodFo

Okay, technically so far so good, not counting the bugs that are easy to fix. The walking and crawling animations look realistic and seamless. Also added is a thing badly needed for all hentai games - asshole winking.
    In the first teaser we are just given a few rooms to explore and solve some pretty good puzzles, you can also pee in a bowl XD
    Very much looking forward to the full release of the project, knowing animopron, the content here will be one of the best in the games
  4. 5.00 star(s)

VernierLeonel

Looking good, love the puzzles and the amount of detail including the micro ones, the ragdoll feature i spent hours just messing with overall an entertaining teaser.
    The Crawling feature seems to need a bit of refining if it's to be used on a later Version and the character edit may need a fix on the lighting angle.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Kintaroe

For a Teaser this is very well made i gotta say.
    There are alot of small details that u dont see in alpha version of games like these.

-The sound design and the overall graphics are better than i thought.

-One of the biggest issue so far id say is the lightning exposure around Laras body, its too much.

-When u open the inventory menu or body menu, her body isnt well lit.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

dxhawk

Animopron is one of the best animators/creators today, this teaser (and its only a teaser!!!!) only shows how good this will be. I hope he keeps working on this! surely will be wonderful and outstanding game!! Really love the customization and atmosphere, i cant wait the sexy scenes with the horses and minotaurs!! <3 awesome work
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Jonathan0009

first off all the good:
    - the graphics are absolutely stunning, so are the animations
    - the voice actor has a beautiful voice and it sounds good
    - the game runs smoothly (on my part)

the bad:
    the game has some bugs, here is a few i found:
    - bringing the starter box through to the new area after finishing the 2 fountain puzzles crashes the game (dont ask why i brought the box all this way lol)
    - opening the esc menu after opening ur inventory removes ur cursor, going out and in of the game fixes it.
    - the clothing is a bit buggy at times

- no content, except the 2-3 pages of art in the comic book, just a demo though, so it wasn't really expected