4.40 star(s) 47 Votes
Oct 18, 2018
I feel like this is fixable with a couple of lines in one of the config text files in the mod though, I just don't know what they are.
There's NO WAY they'd restructure the whole design of these files for mods between 1 game build.
It changes pretty radically. Word just came out to the modders that the way note placement is entered is WAY different in newer build than it was before.

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
Why is this not in the changelogs?? Why are they changing it in the first place?
Nobody gets it right the first time. Fact of the matter is this is kom's first project to my knowledge so he was learning as he was going over the past couple years. The code used to be clunky and frankly a bit fucked when it came to making content for it and it's been more streamlined as he learned to code better through godot. As he released more builds he would add new features and such that there needed to be more things in the configuration files which would make things more annoying with the old system. Kom is also planning on making a modding tool to help people chart music better and such as well eventually which in theory will make modding way faster and more simple to do. That said here's an example comparing the current 2.72 keyframes and chart data with an example of the judy level from the initial 2.0, which in of itself is quite a bit different from the 1.31 version that modders clung to when mods started getting support.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: WasteAway and Cidoo
Oct 18, 2018
Nobody gets it right the first time. Fact of the matter is this is kom's first project to my knowledge so he was learning as he was going over the past couple years. The code used to be clunky and frankly a bit fucked when it came to making content for it and it's been more streamlined as he learned to code better through godot. As he released more builds he would add new features and such that there needed to be more things in the configuration files which would make things more annoying with the old system. Kom is also planning on making a modding tool to help people chart music better and such as well eventually which in theory will make modding way faster and more simple to do. That said here's an example comparing the current 2.72 keyframes and chart data with an example of the judy level from the initial 2.0, which in of itself is quite a bit different from the 1.31 version that modders clung to when mods started getting support.
To add onto this more, stuff is also changing because Kom has seen what the modders are doing and want to do, and uses that information help him figure out what he needs to do to the game to get it there. He's paying attention to the people in the game's fan community and adjusting some of his goals accordingly.

darkgryffon

Feb 27, 2018
Am i the only one here weirded out that you cant use the arrow keys? and that i feels like if you miss a note it tags you twice, once for not hitting it properly and once for missing or is that just me? also i seem to have issues with the menus, i use two monitors but even though its set to the right size for my monitor sometimes the pop ups end up way in the corner and unreachable.

FluxParade

May 25, 2022
Am i the only one here weirded out that you cant use the arrow keys? and that i feels like if you miss a note it tags you twice, once for not hitting it properly and once for missing or is that just me? also i seem to have issues with the menus, i use two monitors but even though its set to the right size for my monitor sometimes the pop ups end up way in the corner and unreachable.
you can just like, rebind the keys. thats what i do. also, i have two monitors as well, but i havent had that issue personally

bobbydobby

Jan 7, 2019
btw for anyone who wants a semi gallery unlock you can play the levels and then modify your score so you can use the hands free mode on the levels. AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Beat Banger and then mod the save file.

Reactions: 69Spartan117

dawaeinhere

Feb 5, 2021
in case anyone need save files that unlock everything
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
paste it here
btw for anyone who wants a semi gallery unlock you can play the levels and then modify your score so you can use the hands free mode on the levels. AppData\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Beat Banger and then mod the save file.

Mooglie

Dec 29, 2020
Jumped back into 1.3 since it had all the mods I liked and wanted more
Found out the mod catalog for 1.3 is dead
Anyone have a new one up? Or at least a few interesting ones?

Oct 18, 2018
Jumped back into 1.3 since it had all the mods I liked and wanted more
Found out the mod catalog for 1.3 is dead
Anyone have a new one up? Or at least a few interesting ones?
The catalog is currently down, but the files are still all available in a Mega. They can be found for now.

Mar 11, 2020
Are these for 1.3?? Like 99% of them dont load in mods, have a link for the game version you use?
yeah i've had problems with getting mods thinking they work for a certain version of the game and then not loading, looking into it I figured out that you can easily tell what version of the game a mod is for by looking at the folders of the mod.
the folders of mods for versions 1.x of the game look like this:
1677030764227.png

the folders of mods for versions 2.x of the game look like this:
1677030815372.png

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018
Are these for 1.3?? Like 99% of them dont load in mods, have a link for the game version you use?
A strong majority of mods are for 1.3. Since the catalog isn't currently up, you may have to download mods to check for which version they actually apply to. The files that they contain are arranged differently.

69Spartan117

Nov 22, 2018
yeah i've had problems with getting mods thinking they work for a certain version of the game and then not loading, looking into it I figured out that you can easily tell what version of the game a mod is for by looking at the folders of the mod.
the folders of mods for versions 1.x of the game look like this:
View attachment 2407807

the folders of mods for versions 2.x of the game look like this:
View attachment 2407809
Do you have to move around/rename files or folders? Or is it just fucked lol

Mar 11, 2020
no i don't think you can make a 1.x mod work in 2.x by just rearranging the files. you have a copy of both versions of the game I assume? as long as you have that and can tell in what version a mod is meant for there shouldn't be a prob, it's what i do

Reactions: QuestionableTree
Oct 18, 2018
They're completely different in terms of how the information is used so they aren't cross-compatible. There's some method floating around for conversion, but it's not exactly perfect either. Since 1.3 isn't changing any further, a lot of modders still use it while 2.X is being developed more and more.

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes