4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Awozama

Dec 29, 2021
Alright, here's my overall experience with this. To be clear, I'm not too sure if this is the day one patch or not.

I first decided to go through the data folders to see if there's any hidden goodies there. It actually seems as if the exact opposite happened; I'll explain in a minute what I mean— but first:

View attachment 2572732

Huh. Interesting, but you know this won't be finished.

The next thing I noticed was that everyone besides Cathy and Zoe had their folders stripped of everything except their icon and music data. I guess pencil sketches are just another BunFan Games Patreon perk™. Besides the Zoe to Gale cutscene still being a sketch, the cutscenes seemed normal, so I decided to check the level data.

View attachment 2572798 View attachment 2572799

Oops. They forgot to implement "horny mode", one of their few selling points.

View attachment 2572803

Oh, pardon my pedantics; they only said it may reward me.

I didn't really see anything of interest after that, except for this inexplicably still-intact batch file in Cathy's audio folder.
Bash:
# /data/act1/cathy_e1/audio/ren.bat

@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

for /l %%i in (1,1,10) do (
    set "filename=cathy_moan_cloased__%%i.mp3"
    set "newname=cathy_moan_closed_%%i.mp3"
    ren "!filename!" "!newname!"
)

echo Renaming complete.
I'm not too surprised considering what all I've seen noted over on e6, but come on, it's just 10 files. I guarantee you that it would've been faster to just man up and manually right click them all, but I digress.

Now onto the game itself, or more specifically, the main menu.

View attachment 2572825 View attachment 2572824

This is just embarrassing.

In fact, it shortly crashed after this. (Press Z on the mod menu when there's no mods loaded.) I especially like the feature of it not saving your window data over sessions. I also got some sort of achievement called "early access egg" after re-opening it for the second time, oh boy! I wonder what it mea-

View attachment 2572826

Let's get to the game-play, shall we?

God these level names are terrible.

The little reference to the legacy levels at the beginning was a little endearing, except for the omission of Jack's. That's okay, fuck Jack. "Wait, what cutscenes?" Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Half of them are fully colored, voice acted, paced, and scripted, but still seem to be unimplemented. Well, the game-play still seems to be the same as the demos. Honestly, I like their new expressions.

Anyway, the AES-256 encryption key for the save file is "boobies", do what you must with this information. I'll make another post data-mining the code in-depth later, there's some interesting stuff here that I'll try not to spoil you get a level with the goth shopkeeper for 50000 coins but it's not in it yet.

Finally, don't let this release make you forgot that Kom abandoned a comic commission halfway and pocketed the money. It's been 5 years.

FINAL RATING:
0/10 unless they give gale pp i like pp
Nuh uh!

Wait for the modders to make the pp mods but not for the story mode!

Reactions: Metamaterial

XephosDB

May 17, 2019
Alright, here's my overall experience with this. To be clear, I'm not too sure if this is the day one patch or not.

I first decided to go through the data folders to see if there's any hidden goodies there. It actually seems as if the exact opposite happened; I'll explain in a minute what I mean— but first:

View attachment 2572732

The next thing I noticed was that everyone besides Cathy and Zoe had their folders stripped of everything except their icon and music data. I guess pencil sketches are just another BunFan Games Patreon perk™. Besides the Zoe to Gale cutscene still being a sketch, the cutscenes seemed normal, so I decided to check the level data.

View attachment 2572803

I didn't really see anything of interest after that, except for this inexplicably still-intact batch file in Cathy's audio folder.
Bash:

@echo off

)

echo Renaming complete.
I'm not too surprised considering what all I've seen noted over on e6, but come on, it's just 10 files. I guarantee you that it would've been faster to just man up and manually right click them all, but I digress.

In fact, it shortly crashed after this. (Press Z on the mod menu when there's no mods loaded.) I especially like the feature of it not saving your window data over sessions. I also got some sort of achievement called "early access egg" after re-opening it for the second time, oh boy! I wonder what it mea-

View attachment 2572826

The little reference to the legacy levels at the beginning was a little endearing, except for the omission of Jack's. That's okay, fuck Jack. "Wait, what cutscenes?" Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Half of them are fully colored, voice acted, paced, and scripted, but still seem to be unimplemented. Well, the game-play still seems to be the same as the demos. Honestly, I like their new expressions.

Anyway, the AES-256 encryption key for the save file is "boobies", do what you must with this information. I'll make another post data-mining the code in-depth later, there's some interesting stuff here that I'll try not to spoil you get a level with the goth shopkeeper for 50000 coins but it's not in it yet.

Finally, don't let this release make you forgot that Kom abandoned a comic commission halfway and pocketed the money. It's been 5 years.

FINAL RATING:
Gale always has pp don't worry. but it looks like they are separating gay from straight so don't expect her to use it on anyone but the girls till they actually start working on the gay side of BB.

And without modders progress is glacial slow. Honestly i think they got spoiled to the fact that others are constantly making content for their game for free. There's not really and acceptable reason this is all that there is to the game so far when most of what is in the game has been posted around for months now and there is less in the game than previously shown.

With more stages having line art finished since 2.00, a working code and modding tool for the game, and the simplicity of the art i'm surprised a modder hasn't just finished act 1 for them already.

I think we can all agree that what IS in the game right now is not worth a $10 price tag

Reactions: Metamaterial

floran

May 20, 2020
Oh nice, just played the steam version and even tho is only 2 stages they are remade better and with more scenes.
I absolutely love Zoe so much.

controlsin

Aug 20, 2022
anyone else have the black screen startup problem? tried changing my resolution n stuff but it didn't work.

Puff6011

Dec 10, 2018
I think the game is definitely not worth $10 as of current, but at the same time what modern and new game is priced fairly?
If the modding tool (that was the entire point of the 2.8 and early access build) is actually better now, then at least after maybe 1 week people will have a better time making mods (or until they add backend compatibility)
Overall, if you only follow to get the free rythym game with mods (Remember FNF?) then I guess you can either get it here, or wait until after early access.

Metamaterial

Apr 29, 2020
Nuh uh!

Wait for the modders to make the pp mods but not for the story mode!
Right, my bad.

Gale always has pp don't worry. but it looks like they are separating gay from straight so don't expect her to use it on anyone but the girls till they actually start working on the gay side of BB.
See ya in 2038 when the end of the Unix epoch kills us all.

With more stages having line art finished since 2.00, a working code and modding tool for the game, and the simplicity of the art i'm surprised a modder hasn't just finished act 1 for them already.
Oh, I'd absolutely contribute to that if someone's planning it.

I think we can all agree that what IS in the game right now is not worth a $10 price tag
Definitely.

XephosDB

May 17, 2019
I think the game is definitely not worth $10 as of current, but at the same time what modern and new game is priced fairly?
There are a lot of modern games that are worth their price in production value, in replayability, in story, etc. but that's argueing against a fallacy. You know there are fairly priced games.

What I was getting at was the $10 price tag for 2 levels that are slightly changed versions of what we've had for months, a new mod tool that makes all old mods obsolete, and a bunch of "coming soon" that we've heard from this dev for a long time. None of which say this game was ready for a steam release beside just appeasing their patreons. Their project roadmap may as well be a joke at this point.

There is less gameplay here than the 2.00 demo of the game.
I hope the modding tool is better than it previously was because the modding community does loads more work in keeping people's interest than the dev team.

Aug 2, 2019
Damn, I've never felt so scammed as a patreon before.

Been giving them money for a year and bro decides to only give the top 300 patreons steam keys or access to the game at all. People who pledge his patreon DIDN'T EVEN GET A DOWNLOAD LINK.

All that wait for two slightly changed completed levels we've had for months, when the entire act was supposed to drop.

It's been real sharing the patreon builds on here but I'm passing the torch to the next poor bastard who wants to take over.

Olegowsom

Sep 12, 2017

View attachment 2572732

View attachment 2572803

Bash:

@echo off

)

echo Renaming complete.

View attachment 2572826

FINAL RATING:
Furries are really just the experts in "Scam Artist"

Puff6011

Dec 10, 2018
I hope the modding tool is better than it previously was because the modding community does loads more work in keeping people's interest than the dev team.
I mean there is already 1 mod made for it with another in the works, and a steam guide to help speed things up.

Reactions: floran

decade789

Jan 19, 2019
Hmm it looks like not all of the art was reset on this one and if I remember correctly for Zoe only her last animation was modified heavily the others are almost still the same its just that this time you can see the protagonist glans...anyways the horny mode animations are available for all difficulties right?

Metamaterial

Apr 29, 2020
Cracked. I'll release the script once I finish idiot-proofing it.
I tried my best, but this might be kind of shitty.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This works with pretty much any Godot game, by the way.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Dwemer and Filos

Xbodragon9

Nov 20, 2021
I tried my best, but this might be kind of shitty.

This works with pretty much any Godot game, by the way.
When ever I try to run it, it just give me a SyntaxError: unexpected character after line continuation character. What might a be doing wrong?

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes