4.40 star(s) 47 Votes

Snowsexxx32

Jun 3, 2018
...it really shouldn't take longer than a year or two to finish your god damn game.
I'm not sure if I'm the only one noticing this, but is this how we know a game, or game concept, is good lately? The common complaint from people is that the dev should finish the game, often with an implication that progress in development is only measured by continuation of art and story content.

How long an indie game takes to complete is highly variable beyond the few factors mentioned above, but also this post may as well be a copy/paste from reddit about Silksong. It's also worth noting that the majority of projects never get finished, there's a point where you're going to have to learn to accept that and enjoy what does actually get released.

Reactions: Evenbl
May 7, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm the only one noticing this, but is this how we know a game, or game concept, is good lately? The common complaint from people is that the dev should finish the game, often with an implication that progress in development is only measured by continuation of art and story content.

How long an indie game takes to complete is highly variable beyond the few factors mentioned above, but also this post may as well be a copy/paste from reddit about Silksong. It's also worth noting that the majority of projects never get finished, there's a point where you're going to have to learn to accept that and enjoy what does actually get released.
Well, if the core game is never finished. I can still enjoy the mods.

UnrealEyes

Feb 23, 2022
From the Patreon...

2024-07-06
View attachment 3813017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Dawna level is still seemingly unfinished.
True, Dawna level still not finished, but they prefer to change the UI for some reason

Kinda ironic that they focus on update Jasmine's shop and make her change clothes, but they doesn't say that have plans to make a Jasmine bonus level (aka they're doing silly things to say that they're working on it instead of progress the main plot)

UnrealEyes

Feb 23, 2022
where is pck file i am unable to find it
If you mean to patch
you don't need the pck file, you just locate the .exe file of the game, and patch with the delta file

(using DeltaPatcher, to find the DeltaPatcher, you need to go to the search bar on top of the f95zone page typing "Delta" or "DeltaPatcher" (making sure is marked "this thread") then you search, you may find some posts about the software, but one of them has the download link)

Nov 18, 2017

The issue is, that they're getting paid an ungodly amount of money through their Patreon, each month... It's not like your usual release of a game, failure? Well, let's go next. They're getting paid to work on this game and instead choose to milk their patrons by focusing on updates that don't result in progress towards finishing the game (because why would they? They're getting paid for developing the game, not for finishing and they're gonna stop getting paid after the game comes out) Prime example was the Lovense support update that took them a couple months. Who asked for Lovense support? For a rhythm 2D game? I've said it before but Beat Banger is among those games in "Development Hell", just like Star Citizen. They're not gonna release because they make more money that way. And this is a perfectly fair way to decide whether a developed game has potential or not. The game had potential before they got greedy. But not anymore.

Diane4k

Sep 14, 2020
The issue is, that they're getting paid an ungodly amount of money through their Patreon, each month... It's not like your usual release of a game, failure? Well, let's go next. They're getting paid to work on this game and instead choose to milk their patrons by focusing on updates that don't result in progress towards finishing the game (because why would they? They're getting paid for developing the game, not for finishing and they're gonna stop getting paid after the game comes out) Prime example was the Lovense support update that took them a couple months. Who asked for Lovense support? For a rhythm 2D game? I've said it before but Beat Banger is among those games in "Development Hell", just like Star Citizen. They're not gonna release because they make more money that way. And this is a perfectly fair way to decide whether a developed game has potential or not. The game had potential before they got greedy. But not anymore.
so this is just going to be another nsfw game with no end in sight
*sigh* why did i get invested

Reactions: Hajtand
Mar 11, 2020
View attachment 3819687
It took months but they finally provided ONE almost finished animation of Dawna. Truly an amazing achievement to witness. :)
Edit: Okay I meant for this to be sarcastic but lowkey everyone in the server is celebrating like this is an achievement, I'm at a loss for words.
View attachment 3819695
wow that's crazy all it took to "fix" the animation pipeline was for someone to actually work. whoa talk about a lifehack, turns out work gets done when you work on it a lot of people don't know that

sukubot

May 12, 2023
It took months but they finally provided ONE almost finished animation of Dawna.
Maybe we should start the counting from the day they changed the main artist. Kom was clearly not working on it anyway, for whatever reason. Let's see if new guy can deliver, otherwise it's truly over.

UnrealEyes

Feb 23, 2022
View attachment 3819687
It took months but they finally provided ONE almost finished animation of Dawna. Truly an amazing achievement to witness. :)
Edit: Okay I meant for this to be sarcastic but lowkey everyone in the server is celebrating like this is an achievement, I'm at a loss for words.
View attachment 3819695
BunRot fans?
jokes aside, i think there's 2 options why people are celebrating
1- everyone is fine because they're distracted consuming mods
or
2- major of the people didn't support Patreon, so they doesn't care if Bunfan are getting released 2034

4.40 star(s) 47 Votes