Others Beat Banger [v4.0 Hotfix] [BunFan Games]

4.40 star(s) 48 Votes

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
I bought the outfit at the shop, how do I equip it?
I don't remember the default keys but they added 2 additional keys (button 5 and 6) specifically for menus to change pages. In the shop you can press those to access the gacha machine, which doesn't work, as well as the outfits for Jasmine. If you want to unlock the topless and pierced nipples outfit you need to get Jasmine's picture, go into the extras and then the gallery, select her image, and then use button 6 to zoom in all the way on her tits, it should unlock automatically. It changes her dialogue to reflect her topless nature by saying shit like "No, you cant feel the "merchandise" and such.

BlackBeepyBoy

Dec 13, 2020

Deletions
  • Removed top border in level editor
Fixes
  • Fixed unlock condition labels for Dawna's gallery images
  • Fixed typo in Legacy Dinosaur title
  • Fixed double note in Gale's expert chart
  • Fixed persistent level editor preview timestamp bug
Changes
  • Updated Dawna's animations

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
For a Rhythm game, it is surreal how few songs it has and how rarely they add them. If I was a patron and every update was "We basically added nothing" I would be pissed.
I'm still baffled they straight up removed the songs they had from the Demo/Legacy builds since, well, someone must have made them, why toss them out entirely? There's a possibility they'll reuse them by adding said levels back one way or the other, but why not even include them in the shop to buy them?? Even more confusingly, you can even download those 4 songs on the BunFan bandcamp, so it's not like they're hiding or obfuscating them (i wish I knew who even made those tracks, but oh well).
I think these small updates is more of a "We're still here working on it" as it seems better to give small updates than to stay quiet for months. The tweaks and fixes are nice I guess but if they want to reassure us that they are working on more content, they should show a few sketchs of an animation, showing progress without saying too much.
They have shown bits and pieces of animations...that needed to be started over from some reason. What that reason is, I dunno, but we're basically retreading ground for (potentially) a more polished product. They're not shy on showing what they plan to do, but the way they do the work is not the best.

I mean, for fucks sake, we got some stupid acrylic standees, stickers and a fucking T-SHIRT on their merch store before the last level of the first act could be finished. The roadmap a few pages back must have turned into ash or something, because they really didn't keep up with said expectations they set out to do.

The least they could say is "sorry, our expectations we set were too high, we're sorry, we'll do better." That kills two stones with one bird; it acknowledges their mistake and the faulty roadmap. To have constant updates is a blessing, but it's better to have a big, substantial one (even if it only shows sketches or WIP materials/features) than smaller, chopped up, worthless changelog bullet points no one will bother with, except the same people that reported the issue.

At this point, it's Valve's "updated localization files" all over again like in TF2 lol.

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
They have shown bits and pieces of animations...that needed to be started over from some reason. What that reason is, I dunno, but we're basically retreading ground for (potentially) a more polished product. They're not shy on showing what they plan to do, but the way they do the work is not the best.
To be fair the project really did go from one guy, just kom by himself, as a hobby project to trying to bring up an official company and a fully fledged moddable product. I don't imagine it's simple or easy to organize 7 other people all online only as separate content creators also all doing their own things on the side while chipping away at beat banger. Not to mention the upgrade from I think it was godot 3 to godot 4, or maybe it was 4 to 5? The decisions being made have been pretty sketchy but I imagine theres other stuff going on underneath the hood that people aren't seeing. I bought it on steam so they got my 10 bucks and I'm not supporting them on patreon so im just along for the ride at this point just hoping for the best.

I mean, for fucks sake, we got some stupid acrylic standees, stickers and a fucking T-SHIRT on their merch store before the last level of the first act could be finished. The roadmap a few pages back must have turned into ash or something, because they really didn't keep up with said expectations they set out to do.
They've got over 1,000 reviews on steam so who knows how many actual purchases they've had there. Plus if you add up the patrons who might be going off of the patreon builds and havent bought it on steam or are doing both, it would be pretty stupid not to make merch at some point when people like these characters as much as they do. They're all different in designs and personality so its pretty easy to see why there's something for everyone if you like the whole vibe the game has going for it. Wont lie, I love claire and I've been on the fence about getting her standee just as a loyalty buy. Although they're all sold out anyway so it worked out for them either way.

Also road maps are always shit, lets be honest, just about every project that makes a roadmap would LOVE to be able to follow it but I've yet to see a single project actually do that. If anything I've learned to never trust a road map ever. Forest of love, as an example, was meant to be finished like 4 or 5 years ago, and it's still nowhere near completion. Another one being Backpack hero where they wanted a full release in april of 2023 and then it was pushed back to may and then ultimately came out in like, november, and even then the game wasn't even completed and to this day it still isn't to my knowledge.

The least they could say is "sorry, our expectations we set were too high, we're sorry, we'll do better." That kills two stones with one bird; it acknowledges their mistake and the faulty roadmap. To have constant updates is a blessing, but it's better to have a big, substantial one (even if it only shows sketches or WIP materials/features) than smaller, chopped up, worthless changelog bullet points no one will bother with, except the same people that reported the issue.
100% agree with this though, it would probably ease a bit of the hate if they just made a statement about their own progress being so slow. The updates on the foundations of the game are slowly adding up to a more polished experience but the complete fucking halt on the actual levels themselves is a migraine and a half for everyone waiting. I've been waiting for zoe's second level because that song slaps in my opinion and there's no doubt in my mind that the earliest we'll probably see it is sometime next year if not further at the pace we're going.

4.40 star(s) 48 Votes