Ren'Py - Become a Legend [v0.26] [Koneprod]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Oshitari Azumi

[As of v0.26]

My stance on AI CG has always been this and always will be that assuming you're not actively trying to be a dick with it, then I really don't care.

That aside, I don't particularly care about the story at the moment just because it's not super fleshed out yet, as your character is a rising football (or soccer for all my NA homies) player who has just stepped into the big leagues. Right now, all the game has is a bunch of grinding for stats as most games do, but as you unlock better ways to get said stats later on this isn't too bad.

Personally, my biggest gripe at the moment is with the dialogue box and whenever you have to make a choice. For the first, as some of the character names are in a light font, it can be difficult to see their names whenever they are talking. Adding some kind of border and darkened background like most VN-style games would definitely help alleviate this along with those same text boxes whenever you have to make a choice. The white font on a light background is a pain to try and squint at sometimes and really needs to be darkened somehow.

7/10 - As of right now, there's not much here which is to be expected, though I'll still keep an eye out for now as it's a premise I would like to see developed more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Moisthammer

Ren'Py Become a Legend [v0.26] [Koneprod]

Stop down voting a games because you despise AICG.
    Become a Legend provides an interesting story line of a footballer trying to make a name for himself. What the developer may lack in original 2dcg or 3dcg art, the developer more than makes up for with a mature, concise, and direct dialog. Although the world is currently lacking content, the fundamental are there for an amazing world to be created. I look forward to future updates where i can decide if I am doing to deliberately ruin a potential star athletes career chasing MILFs or dedicate time becoming a star player. Possibly both.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Thumb30

I quite liked this one though there is room for improvement

AI art was consistent with good choices on the ladies and their outfits. The plot is is fairly obvious (which isn't a bad thing) and writing seemed adequate.

I'm not a huge the text size and font style though and didn't like some of the transitions between the locations being a bit slow.

I can see the match training being a chore for anyone not familiar with the Premiership or FUT. Whilst I enjoy top trumps gameplay, it could be a drag for anyone who doesn't take the sim option in training.

Look forward to more
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Become a Legend is yet another time management game that DESPERATELY needed to just give up and be a VN.

It follows the typical pattern of such games; give the player a dozen different locations in which you can spend time and only actually have events in two or three at any given time. As a result, most of the game is spent clicking between the different locations trying to figure out which of the one or two in which there's actually an event.

There's technically stat grinding and money, but it just unlocks different girls' stories and has no gameplay impact whatsoever. It's filler content, just the same as all the goddamn clicking required to find the events in the first place. If this game were a VN it'd be over in 30 minutes, but all the map navigation and grinding pads it out for a few hours.

Other than that it's a bunch of AI cg girls with very little in the way of personality or character development in slutty clothes. I can certainly get behind the latter, but without the former it's a huge waste of time.

This one genuinely pissed me off. Behind all the utterly unnecessary map navigation, Become a Legend is just like all the other cash grab AI CG nonsense. It's a bunch of flash, no substance, and ALL a fucking waste of time.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

axeforgets

This one has potential.

Usually weary of "AI" generated CG, but this particular one works for me. Nice concept, not too over the top AI CG, and easily recognizable chicks (and sidekick men!) add some extra flavor to the game play. Not to mention the dev seems really active which can't help but boost the confidence.

Thanks for creating this and keep up the good work!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

vforvlad

[v0.2] It's a simple visual novel with an acceptable amount of grind to unlock new scenes and costumes for all of the women in the game.
    The storyline is sufficient enough to set a reasonable premise and the development of each characters keeps everything interesting enough.
    It's obvious that the AI renders are based on real women, but there is enough variety to make it seem like new content and the quality of the renders was quite good. The amount of content for such an early version is also pretty good and I enjoyed the variety of looks and personalities.
    I enjoyed working through the progression of each character, unlocking new wardrobes, and getting to a decent reward with some of them. I wish there were more games in this style - there's something about slowly unlocking wardrobe options that keeps me engaged in games like this.