VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Become a Rock Star [v1.01] [Mr Jet]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Wildehilde

Was such a good start back then... Yes the MC is ugly af. Always have to look somewhere else so i don't have to see that ugly face. The girls are pretty good.

People say there was 2 years of no update? I don't know i honestly forgot about this game. Well if that is true then good job i guess. Also this latest update 0.99 is meh anyway.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Renonymous

The plot of Become a Rock Star feels eerily like if the HBO show Entourage had been about making it as a rock band instead of becoming a movie star. It has a lot of the same charm of Entourage, being about friends overcoming challenges together and taking time to celebrate their successes, but I also feel it has the same weakness of being predictable and boring at times.

The plot mapping didn't help this feeling. I found no real choices other than which girl I wanted to be in a relationship with and what I wanted to name the band. I also found, when I replayed the game with different love interests, that nearly every setting and piece of dialogue is identical for every romance. At one point, the story tries to heighten the stakes and put a character's life in mortal danger, but I found I couldn't be moved to care because the outcome was predictable and I didn't feel attached to the characters.

For the characters themselves, Become a Rock Star has a lot of beautiful models and a few spicy sex scenarios with them near the beginning of the game. However, I can't help but wonder if it took on too many romantic interests, and perhaps that's the reason why each character's dialogue is nearly identical and inconsequential to the story? Still, it's still a lovely cast.

Overall, I wouldn't steer anyone away from this story because many of my points may come down to my personal tastes, but I do wish Become a Rock Star had had either taken more risks in its plot or offered more branching/consequences in the story to give me more engagement.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

stinkholeslammer

3 stars for renders and animations which are really good.

Writing is bad, dialogue is bad, girls are boring. It feels like it was written by someone with no real social skills who thinks they're a lot smarter than they actually are. MC is an ugly dildo.

Not worth reading but worth holding ctrl to see the girls.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Perished

Edited this review for final release of 1.0 from 0.9 but won't change much. Take this as a constructive criticism.

Premium: Renders and animations are nearly perfect. It can alone get this game nearly 5 stars. If you are in for the scenes, one of the best.

Good: Girl variety. Girls are gorgeous. You get punished for manwhoring.

Average: Script and plot. Seriously, the appealing conflict of the story is easily resolved. There is a over the top surprise mid story to stir up some tension but it was meh. Also most of the girls seem one-dimensional as the days pass you meet new people but you barely know them. Love interests feel indifferent from side girls to be honest: Always casual sex, eroticism and romance lack.

Bad: MC is slick-haired, too skinny fit for a young adult but portrayed as a hunk by females because of his big dick. Bad writing and dialogue. Casual convo and dirty talk are all filler and boring after a point. (Lack of kinks may be a negative for certain people). I am sorta play it for story, lewd content are bonus kinda VN enjoyer so this doesn't cut it for me.

The game's title is nearly nonexistent in the story. What people expect from a title such as "Become a Rock Star"? Struggles of a young musician: as an amateur musician myself i expected much more from that. I took interest in this VN and got excited. You know nightlife changes people. It changes relationships between families, friends and band members. There are drugs, booze, prostitution, violence tied to all of it. I expected this mansion boy to toss unto the wall of small time rock band struggle into the nightlife, but i was wrong. All of this drama potential is just wasted i guess, for a couple more romance options. There are lack of character development also (both physically and mentally). MC is the same slick haired mansion boy, standing out from other band members, acting and behaving, looking same as before. Also there were a lot of drama and additional conflict potential but wasted. All and all the game feels like a dating sim, with a rock band as a side gig. You don't feel like playing a rockstar wanna be. Main LIs chosen for long term romance are unrelated to MC's current predicament on the path to becoming a rock star except Lisa. I guess longevity of this project and lackluster character writing at the beginning combined with Dev's fault at designating LIs at the start led to better written characters becoming flings or nonromanceable, while we get to end up with average gals unrelated to the main conflict and story.

Still this game deserves objectively a 4 star rating for the visuals and effort.

But here is the problem, I have an issue with a certain thing that I want to rant about and lower the review score to 3. So here we go.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good premise at the start but due to bad development decisions and bad plot development, a lot of the potential seems wasted.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ta123

Become A rockstar (V0.90)

Wow this is another gem.

The story that revolves around MC Ambition to the rockstar and his relationship with other character really flesh out.

I love how the story really feels dramatic and have build and not feel forced.

This game is very recommended to play for the story of a man journey to become a rockstar. The happy,sad,inspiring, (and horny lmao) moment truly feels good in this VN
  6. 5.00 star(s)

JamesPT85

I ended up really loving this VN. The characters are great and memorable. The story is engaging and well-written. It has a lot of heart. My only real issue with this VN is that whenever you reject a girl and you are being monogamous, you almost never get to say that you are in a relationship and instead it comes across rather harshly. I would still enjoy getting to know these characters without having to fuck them, and I also don't want my character to sound like an asshole suddenly for no reason.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Nico Odin

Pros:
    The story and backstory of the characters is very interesting and well written
    It has multiple branches for multiple playthroughs
    The "art" (character models, background, animations, etc.) is very good

The music is good, but only instrumental (no singing)

Overall 5/5 stars
  8. 5.00 star(s)

testg

Very good visually. And the whole band and rock theme is fairly rare which is great. I like the options of girls and the kind of hoped for but unexpected threesomes. Those at least for me puts the cherry on the top. Fun that the girls not happy about MC being a whore, add to the replayability.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Donkeyddd

good but no harem or incest OOF and OOF. also you have met women, had sexual relations with several yet havent been caught. Im getting worried how the eventual conflict will happen when there are so many characters about the get burnt. Will it just be a nothing burger or am i going to get some bad ending. Anyways its cool stuff, but all I want for christmas is my sisters ass
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Big.G.02

Honestly a grateful game I love the characters and the depth in which they are made, I love the backstory and the beautiful renders. I hope that this game gets the proper attention and recognition it deserves.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Hatty

The story starts out interesting and keeps raising the stakes throughout, so I was hooked all the way to the completion of v0.90. The best part is the characterization and the interactions, which feel natural. The MC is easy to empathize with, and each character has a distinct point of view, such as Lisa who is young and inexperienced, but driven by her talent, and Jade who hides herself more, and has been "jaded" in the past, but she opens up about her desires and goals as the more you interact with her.

The adult scenes and their build-up really deliver once we have a reason to care about the characters. I'd put this game in the top adult game rankings for the art and animations alone.
  12. 4.00 star(s)

sixpo2

Really nice graphics and lot of beautiful ladies. It is a bit pitty it doesnt have stronger story, so the game would excellent. This game would also deserve some kind of finish. Hopefully it will come out eventually.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Throwood

Fun game, excellent animation. Writing is okay if a bit repetitive. Some characters feel stock and bland but Nicole and Catherine make up for it.
    Like Jade I'm laconic so coming up with 200 words is proving to be more difficult but I felt this game was underrated so am willing to take myself out of my comfort zone.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Downbadguy95

I really enjoyed playing this one. The story is good with an adequate depth, all the characters are good looking and attractive except Lisa and the main protagonist (I'm sorry but dude looks like an ugly mutation of a fox and human), and the renders are quite good too. I also liked some individual paths/route while others not so much and you can go only date one girl without cheating after a certain point which is good. The only thing that bugged me was the main premise which is "Music". It's just not well implemented enough and the parts with the band are boring af.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

Good game with consequences. Many of the girls models are usual daz 3d models but are nicely polished. Except jane her model feels like usual one. Game also have nice girls models which are not usual ones. Dev is making the game which seems closer to the reality so this one not harem game. If you cheat on the girls it will have consequences. So play solo path for the girls. Problem is many dialogues in the different girl's path are kinda similar. I liked Lisa's path very much it have it's own charm but after adding jade to its path it lost its charm. I don't have any problem with threesomes. Lisa became more corrupted in Lisa - Jade path. And in Lisa solo path there is not that much moments and no lewd scenes. Also liked Emma it's short and sweet. Sadly it ended. In the walkthrough it says Emma path is ended. Hoping dev will give a proper ending with her too. This game has many male NPC too. Some are good looking than the male character but they are not a threat to your relationships. MC also have two good looking sister but this not an incest game. So they are non romancable. Negative part is game about a rockstar band but there is no music in the game. It would be nice to have some licensed musics in the game it will give nice ampience

Overall it's a good game. Looking forward to next updates
  16. 4.00 star(s)

elementary_scion

Character models and animations are very well done. Good expressiveness during text. The story and writing are good, but don't really pull you in very much. I think the focus here is more on the erotic side of things rather than emotive, but perhaps it would be more punchy if there was a stronger connection.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

StephenClukis33

The game has an interesting story & characters on the whole, so why the 3 Star rating? Well I would give this game a higher rating as all the other characters look great, all except for 1, the protagonist, I'm sorry but the guy looks like a cr*ckhead & it knocks at least 2 stars off right there. We are honestly supposed to buy that all these women are fawning over a guy who looks like he's waiting outside a methadone clinic in his free time? Just no! That is a shame because other than this extremely malnourished looking guy all the other animations & characters look great.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

-Gunslingaa-

Although i never rated any VNs this gonna be the first one im gonna rate it.
    (Please Excuse me for my broken English, as English is not my native language)

First of all one of the best Vn I've played, a friend of mine recommend it to me in the year 2018 Dec. If it wasn't for him, hell i wouldn't know about this game.
    MrJet really nailed it . The storyline, the renders, the models,the animation,and the music of course how can i forget, they are excellent and the Girls/LI/MG are freakin gorgeously and smokin hot, especially my favourite girl Selina -a kind and soft hearted person who cared for the Mc from the beginning. Best Vn ever because this was one of the first Vn I've played.
    I don't know what else to say, im speechless as hell. Looking forward to to the final update of the game. Cheers and kudos to the Dev and his team.Thank you for this excellent Game.
    This is a review on the current version of the game v 0.90
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Only1P

Ill start with saying that this game is really freaking good in terms of quality and polish: animations, ost, writing, english, story, renders.

BUT I just teel like I have to tell you that this game is ABSOLUTELY NOT a harem or a power fantasy, your decisions will have negative consequences in the future + it gets pretty real towards the end of the current update, this game is not afraid to make you feel guilt and regret for your past decisions and hit you with the so called reality that if you try to walk a thin rope youll eventually fall. so take that into consideration when you decide to immerse yourself in this masterpiece
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2001147

Wow!Wow!Wow! What a game! From the CGs and animations to the story to the dialogue to the SEX. It's all there. Love the fact that after some time your choice of LI pretty much locks you with her although some other scenes still available depending on your choices. Although I'd love to be able to continuously bang every female in the game it would become meaningless. Choices do matter. And the replayability is just spot on. GREAT!.