VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Become a Rock Star [v1.01] [Mr Jet]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Ginyu69

This game is amazing 10-10 the story is written well and the characters actually have character which is rare in a H-game. The animations are well animated and get the job done there's a gallery to view scenes and multiple playthroughs are possible to unlock all the scenes. Defiantly support the creator if you can and check this game out give it a play and review
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 216358

I put this game off for far too long and finally decided it was time to give it a try. I was not disappointed!

Pros
    • Excellent writing
    • Good character models, renders, and visuals
    • Good story
    • Good animations
    • Good sex scenes
    • Lots of sex scenes
    • Excellent characters
    • Good character development
    • Game has a lot of content

Cons
    • Breasts defy physics - Nearly all of the large breasts in the game look like a cantaloupe or watermelon cut in half and glued to their chest (shape wise anyway). Real breasts don't look like this! Gravity barely affects the breasts in the game. Everyone has 18 year old unrealistically perky breasts that nearly stick straight out.
    • Character models and renders don't make any adjustments for age. The MILFs in the game all have 18 year old looking pussys and breasts. None of the MILFs in the game look their age. This was a pretty big oversight.
    • Relationship points are all over the place and are very inconsistent. I realize that these variables are hidden to the player but I track them in the code and there is no rhyme or reason when points are given. Some of the girls literally have almost no relationship points when there were lots of opportunities to earn them. Because of this some choices matter way too much when they shouldn't if relationship point earning was consistent throughout the game.
    • Penetration scenes often have a short back and forth movement. There are a few that have deep penetration but they are rare. The average vagina is 4 inches long. Most penetration scenes only move back and forth 2 to 3 inches. It looks funny with the MC having a large dick and he isn't using it fully.
    • There are no rough animations in the game. Oftentimes the text says that the MC is fucking the girl roughly and the animations are smooth and gentle like silk. The text often doesn't match the animations, especially when the girl begs to be fucked hard or roughly. It is kind of immersion breaking.
    • The game sets up the player for failure as it encourages a harem type gameplay and then rips it all apart with consequences in the last update with no warning.
    • The sexy banter during sex is very inconsistent and has no rhyme or reason to it. For example, the first time the MC fucks Jade's pussy she makes no grunts when he first enters her pussy and doesn't comment on his size. She takes it with ease. Then with later scenes she comments on how big his cock is and isn't sure if she can handle it. This applies to a lot of the sexy banter in the game, no consistency and no memory of past sex experiences.
    • The game plays more like a dating sim than a rock star career with a love for music.
    Overall, I really enjoyed the game despite the cons. There are a lot of sex scenes in this game which is very welcomed! The sex comes a bit too easily but I'm OK with some fantasy here. The MC has more game than 90's Brad Pitt. As long as you are OK with that premise you should have a fun time with this game!

The game is not without it's flaws, however I'm giving the game 4 stars due to the abundance of good sex events in the game and the great characters which the player really grows attached to.

I highly recommend it and encourage others to give it a try!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

larrycadillac

awesome game so far. the girls are beautiful, the routes are perfect. I like the fact that there are consequences for your actions and that every decision is an impactful one. Lisa is one of my favorite designs I have encountered so far and all of the other ladies have tons of appeal as well. I can see myself doing many playthroughs of this as it progresses. 9/10
  4. 5.00 star(s)

m0us3r

The first threesome scene is a chef-d'oevre. There's not just sex, but love and care, which makes it very exciting.

In general, pretty good story. Choices are meaningful, so there are different paths. Lovely characters. Cute girls. Abundant and engaging sex scenes.

Yes, it's more about dating and banging girls than about music, so what. In my opinion, relations, personal stories and everything else are more or less balanced in this game. Maybe the emphasis is a bit too much on sex, but still it's a good game.

I recommend it.

[v0.80]
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Sylar1234

Finally a game with consequences! The love interests actually want a real relationship and not be part of a harem which is inline with their character.
    When I tried this game two years back I initially was disappointed that all the girls almost immediately want to have sex with you without much build up. Especially Selina, who I think is the cutest, did not make a very good first impression. But her behaviour is explained later and I liked her even more for it.
    So for me this is a very good romance game where the cheating actually raises the stakes and the player can become emotional invested if he/she wants to.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Coaxmetal

[Review for v0.8]

Back in v0.5 land I loved this game. Supported, and felt that this was one of the best VN's out there. It still has great looking characters and superb animations, but the story and writing is definitely holding the whole experience back.

A year has gone by since 0.5, and I've experienced many more AVN's. Many more great stories. And I feel like BaRS has stayed the same.

I get no feelings from this anymore – everything is just ...there. The sex is just bj, short animation clip, cum. With flavorless text on top.

The MC hasn't gone anywhere, the rockstardom is lacking completely. Where is the nitty gritty of building a following or a band? What even is the MC's role in the band? Just a bassist? The star here is Lisa, and even she seems more like a pop star.

The promise of Becoming a Rockstar got lost somewhere on the way. We seem to just become a bassist in a teen pop-rock band and have a relationship with a girl of our choosing. Instead of a touring single rock star, we become a faithful partner. All in a few weeks.

There is suprisingly little love for music and making music in a game set in this framework. Compare BaRS to Melody for example.

Verdict: Average to above average
    Hot models and good animations are what are keeping BaRS afloat at this point. You will not feel like a rock star playing this, you won't feel any love for music. It's all just a window dressing to a middling dating sim.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

I'm afraid I can't exactly share the sentiments with those who posted their reviews below mine and I guess you could say I want that smoke. Most games on this site feature characters that are horny or at least thinking about sex, even in the classics that are plot driven, so I don't really see this being an issue. I'd focus more on if the plot makes sense and carries well as the game continues. A good game doesn't need to have dark moments or intense storylines to be good. I also hardly see how it's a horror/thriller when there is no horror or thrill outside of finding Julia getting shot at the end of 0.7. . And saying that you'd know beforehand that you get everyone is not really true at all considering you get slapped by pretty much everyone if you decided to go with a harem route. They all made it pretty clear that they don't want to share the MC with anyone, unless their names were Jade/Lisa.

The renders for each and every character are top notch and, dare I say it, I'll venture to say that there isn't a single render that I don't like. The animations are smooth and fluid. I think the storytelling aspect is well done and flows well in my honest opinion. I too was honestly initially put off with happened to Julia but it served as a multi-purpose plot device. It helped bring a reality check to the MC's father to start treating him differently and understanding the importance of family bond. On the other hand, it also serves as another problem he has to deal with: how he'll manage to repair his relationships as he and the band are moving towards their next big step towards stardom.

That's just my two cents on it. A half appreciation and half rant review :)
  8. 2.00 star(s)

baka

played it and I found nothing exciting. almost fell asleep playing it.
    its a typical horny boy that gets all the girls, easily.
    so, a harem-kind of game that gives no competition. I already know beforehand that I get all the girls. why bother with a story at all? better to just make a gallery of pictures.
    renders are ok, well done. and I like some of the girls model.
    but without eroticism its just a teenager wet dream that Im so tired of playing.
  9. 3.00 star(s)

BruceSpruce

The girls are very hot but the story is meh. The MC also acts like a 12 year old but that’s normal so I won’t mark it down for that. The game starts off VERY GOOD but then loses its way towards the end as it tries to flip the narrative on its head by becoming a z-list horror/thriller. Also the characters although unique and different, all say the same shiz. I would recommend this.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Londo_Mollari

I played it, because it was a recommendation concerning games that I enjoyed very much.

Story short: I don't understand why this game has such a high rating ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The story isn't unique.
    The protagonist is the usual horny guy.
    The girls are the usual sex bimbos.
    And worst: far too much dialogue for too little content. Most of dialogue is completely foreseeable and adds nothing to the story. It's just boring.

I saw good writing (say hello to The Deluca Family).
    I saw intense storylines (e.g. Hillside).
    I saw touching and funny plots and scenes (Dreaming of Dana, Deluca) and dark fetishes (Fashion Business, games of Combin Ation).

Nothing of it seems to befeatured in BARS.

I usually avoid to give 1-star ratings. Because the devs put a lot of work into their games. Because of that and because there are far worse games out there, it gets 2 stars.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

styrany

"Become a Rock Star' was for me a pleasent surprise. In short: excellent VN so far (ver. 0.70) and I will definitely wait for future updates.

This game meets most if not all of my expectations when it comes to adult visual novels.
    + First and formost, there actually is a story (sic!). Like seriously, there is a main plot, secondary plot . And on top of it, the choices you make have some infuence.
    + There are many very likable characters,
    + Very nice renders/graphics to support the above,
    + Lewd scenes are an addition to the game/story, not a main engine that drives the story forward.

Chapeau Bas to the developer, fingers crossed for bright future of the project :)
  12. 5.00 star(s)

deijsbeer

Very good. Nice graphics and a good story line.
    I like the different characters. The friendship and the family plot. Nice done.
    Keep on doing the good work.

Musicians, family and work. Music in the game is ok. Maybe some more sounds that works with the animation. But overall very good.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

estrada777

Hot girls, a good story, what's not to like here. The grammar could use a little help here and there but that's easy to overlook. Just finished playing 0.70 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Time to go give the dev some love over on patreon.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Dontforgetthejoker

To start my review I'd like to mention that since this game is created to make you fool around with hot chicks I'll be nicer to some problems. To be honest this game is quite generous with giving you fap material and none of them are protagonists mom or sister so there is no unnecessary incest drama and awkward dialogues.
    I wanna start with the render quality because that is probably what really made us come play this game and I have to say game looks beautiful. From characters to guitars, amps and even the burger you have with Lisa looks damn delicious. There are some minor color changes between regular and moving renders in scenes but it's not lethal you have game that is rendered nicely, in a realistic style with good detailing. Also it is quite visible that the art has improved and changed a lot from first releases to the later ones. For example Selina user to have a darker skin but with each version she went paler which I totally accepted since there are tanned beauties in the game and redheads generally don't tan. I'd also like to adress the characters are not looking like sex dolls but real human beings. Body proportions are quite realistic in its genre -even though you ain't gonna see this many beauties around- and you have a lot of different choices for a lot of different tastes.
    Let's talk about the script. It is good overall but there are some thing that I really didn't enjoy. But to start with the good stuff the game allows you to root for any girl you want in the way you want. Your actions and speeches will affect your relationship with the person you are talking with. It's not quite detailed and it has a lineer story which makes you in places where the game just leads you to. You can't go to Selina for a fun time every night because you don't get to choose these things, but this ain't an rpg so no problems at all. You'll have certain dialogs that will result in seeing other options or not seeing them and make you play the game again which is a good thing i think. But the biggest problem isyou can root for any girl but still get away with it so easily. You don't even have to think about consequences of having a serious relationship with more than 3 girls which is absolutely ridiculous. Also you can tell your sister that you have a girlfriend but then say"I am serious about Jane" and she doesn't even mention that. This is where script really falls down a lot and also even worse the encounters that should cause problems are avoided by even more lazy writing which pissed me off a little bit. And this version ends with a goddamn cliffhanger which is really a well done but still annoying.
    There are some minor mistakes as in your dialogue with Selina in park her name appears as Selena. There night be some more little mistakes as well but i don't even remember them to be honest.
    About performance i've played the game by an unofficial android port so I really can't talk about how it performs since it might be caused by the android port but not the game but if interested the android port works great. I really didn't try to check the if language is perfect are there any kind of grammar mistakes cuz i'm not a native english speaker myself but I don't remember something caught my eye.
    Overall the game is quite good. It has some problems that can be avoidable since the main course(sex, girls etc) is really appetizing and delicious. I'd give 4.5 if it was possible but since it is not perfect, a good old 4 is the better choice of rating i believe.
    Enjoy it.
  15. 2.00 star(s)

Roelandt

Become A Rock Star [v0.70], by Mr Jet

I'm as long winded as they come. My reviews are usually much more immersive. But the ending of the current version of the game put such a bad taste in my mouth that I don't really feel like going as deep as I generally do on reviews, just wanting to put this whole experience behind me.

I was loving the story (4.5 rating territory), until the game went all "Acting Lessons" on us at the end. I won't be back for the next update, so put-off was I by the "premise altering" ending.

If the entire story ended like that...it would have simply had a tragic ending and therefore be fine...possibly even memorable. But to do this mid-stream is bad storytelling.

Another Romantic Drama suddenly and pointlessly turned Psycho Thriller in the last act. An over the top cliff hanger that savagely changes the tone and theme of the game to something OTHER than what I was enjoying. Not what I signed up for.

Shock value to create anticipation for the next episode had the opposite effect on me.

Bad writing choice.

Started with a 4.5...ended with a 2.

On to the next game...
  16. 5.00 star(s)

OhTheLove

I knew this was going to be a fun read but it really blew my mind away. You can choose to screw every chick and probably suffer the consequences in a later update or concentrate on one chick and enjoy the awesome story unfold. I loved the sex scenes because they follow the simple rule of sufficient foreplay (kissing and fondling) and then sex(y).

The MC is a true man of culture, what is the point of admiring a woman's body if you won't touch it very well when you get the opportunity, he is a perfect insert in my books. I also love his character and the fact that he has a face, I prefer seeing romantic scenes (especially kisses) in third person and this just nails for me.

All in all it is an awesome VN. The heroines are beautiful and have enough character to make things interesting and I enjoyed it. I suggest you have a save where you full around to fullest and make the necessary branch saves when you get to the girl you want. Lisa is the best girl of the series hands down since she is a big part of the narrative and has a lot of opportunities to be fleshed out but Jane is my number one. But it is kinda unfair how hot Julia is...
  17. 5.00 star(s)

m00nsh1ne

I truly believe that this game is on the path of being one of the all time greats within this community. Great models/renders, great animation, and pretty good writing. The game offers a myriad of options for romance options each offering different types of flavors. I think I have a save for each LI path the game offers and there just aren't many games out there that I can say that for. Can't reccomend this one enough
  18. 5.00 star(s)

juggornot88

I love this game. Lots of sexual content so far, good story line. I really enjoy the different love interests, cant wait for more updates. Lots of variety of girls to choose from as well, although the red headed doctor is my favorite.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

PunkHooligan

I love everything about this game ! The story, the characters, the music, the animations. All of it !

The only question I have is banging everyone (what I'm a fan of) and it like..totally normal. The timings with girls are perfect xD
    But some1 mentioned dev already said smth about consequences so beware :D

Also kudos to the guy with Julia sign and the text "You're never gonna fuck her".

PS: can we have that "Naked Park" (lmao) gal in our bed ?)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

padaw66

Long story, with lots of characters and different scenes.
    Pictures are of very good quality to me.
    It has been a pleasure to play to it. Can't wait for the end !
    Thanks for the quality of the work !