Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Become A Rock Star Walkthrough + Cheat Mod [v1.01][scrappy]

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Any chance we can have a pdf format walkthrough with the choices?
Now that Qleaf is retired that is.
I usually don't like adding mods to games as they can break them later on or cause issues.
Can anyone please comment if this mod has caused any issues or something.
Also thank you for all the effort you put in scrappy, just wanted to know a little bit of info before using your mod good sir.
Unlikely that i'll make pdf walkthroughs, I just prefer ingame ones to tabbing out of the game to check the wt. As for this mod
so far it always worked with no issues for me but there is always a chance of something breaking

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Playing the android port with cheat mod included: does this change base gameplay besides allowing to view/play all scenes?

-regarding the cheat mod, noticing green for some form of choice, example Anna:
after tom cheats on her, mod says to pick yes hook up with anna, tho if on Lisa path ( is there a lisa specific path?) She Just mentioned she's the jealous type what I'm getting at is it feels like the game Wants you to be a cheater,
is following mod gonna lead me into a bad ending?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Playing the android port with cheat mod included: does this change base gameplay besides allowing to view/play all scenes?

-regarding the cheat mod, noticing green for some form of choice, example Anna: after tom cheats on her, mod says to pick yes hook up with anna, tho if on Lisa path ( is there a lisa specific path?) She Just mentioned she's the jealous type what I'm getting at is it feels like the game Wants you to be a cheater, is that gonna lead me into a bad ending?
Probably, yes.

There is no harem so any cheating will likely either lead to a bad end or forced choice.

Reactions: SumTingWong0420

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
FYI: Idk if oversight or intended but I can't replay Both of these choices but Have been able to choose all scenes whenever there was multiple choices up to this point

Screenshot_20200402-213627_Become A Rock Star.jpg

Only one of these is available to choose >;D

steven brown

Jun 29, 2017
I don't know if it was intentional but your mod re-enables a BJ scene that has now been removed in the official unmodded version. I fixed it for myself but I imagine some people might get an unwanted surprise if they decide to use your mod if it's not mentioned anywhere.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
I don't know if it was intentional but your mod re-enables a BJ scene that has now been removed in the official unmodded version. I fixed it for myself but I imagine some people might get an unwanted surprise if they decide to use your mod if it's not mentioned anywhere.
Can you spoiler this for me? (Who is it)

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
I could add some text that this scene was removed by the dev and then ask if the player wants to watch it or not, or i could just completly remove it?

Last edited:

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
I could add some text that this scene was removed by the dev and then ask if the player wants to watch it or not, or i could just completly remove it?
NO, don't remove it please, add a spoiler if you have to, wish MrJet had done the same rather than remove it all together, I guess we will be losing some plot related to that and I feel sad about it already. (I bloody hope I am wrong)

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
NO, don't remove it please, add a spoiler if you have to, wish MrJet had done the same rather than remove it all together, I guess we will be losing some plot related to that and I feel sad about it already. (I bloody hope I am wrong)
Which BJ are they referring to?

nikww99

May 12, 2020
I get this error when I open up the cheat menu and I tried using the updated cheat mod but I still get the same result

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/cm_back.png'>:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/cm_back.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2690, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3174, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2086, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 516, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 244, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 151, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 361, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 669, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1152, in render
back = render(style.background, bw, bh, st, at)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Walker\Downloads\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\BecomeARockStar-0.50-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/cm_back.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Tue May 12 12:13:18 2020
```

kofy

Jan 14, 2019
it's not working for me. First time having problems with your mod ? can you help me