4.50 star(s) 49 Votes

dev_muffin

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2022
I just tried to support your Patreon, but got the following message: "Your payment to dev_muffin failed. Double check your payment method info or call your bank to see what’s going on."

Weird :unsure:, it never happened to me before. It could be something on my end, though. If someone else manages to make the subscription without problems, please let us know.
Could you try one more time? I linked a Payoneer account

upd: 1 guy successfully subscribed. thanks!

Last edited:

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
Could you try one more time? I linked a Payoneer account
Same message :confused:. I already tried to make the payment a couple of times, so the card could be blocking the payment, too. Perhaps an option would be to wait for a little bit to see if others have the same problem :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dev_muffin

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
upd: 1 guy successfully subscribed. thanks!
I did the subscription but yeah, the payment isn't working. I removed it since it isn't going to do anything anyway, and just confuse things up. If you still have a subscription, it could mean it worked for someone else and you can forget everything I just said :LOL:

• Red Heart

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Was this maybe something where you didn't do the Player class framework in the demo and the user was loading a game created by the demo version?

Also you seem to be going a bit overboard parameterizing the initializer when this class is only a singleton used for the mc:

Code:
    class Player:
        def __init__(self, submission, perversion, attractiveness, arousal, money, cloth, cloth_buffer):
            self.submission = submission
            self.perversion = perversion
            self.attractiveness = attractiveness
            self.arousal = arousal

self.money = money
            self.cloth = {
                "shirt": None,
                "pants": None,
                "socks": None,
                "panties": None
            }

self.cloth_buffer = {
            }
Code:
$ find . -name "*.rpy" -exec grep -H "Player" {} \;
./scripts/core/player.rpy:    class Player:
./scripts/defines/variables_player.rpy:    default pc = Player(
(from variables.player.rpy)
Code:
    default pc = Player(
        {
            "shirt": basic_shirt,
            "pants": basic_shorts,
            "socks": basic_socks,
            "panties": basic_panties
        },
        {
        }
All that inialization in variables_player.rpy could simply be moved into the __init__ method as hardcoded assignments. It makes things much easier to keep track of in one source rather than spread out into two. You also are using the two dicts cloth and cloth_buffer to keep track of only two clothing states and possibly painting yourself into a corner. Let's say down the road you want to keep track of multiple clothing and accessory presets (eg, school, work, play, swimwear, formal, casual, sexy, sleazy, etc) when you get around to doing the rollout of your wardrobe mechanic.

Take these two dicts and replace them with an instantiation of a subclass you use here called Clothing which has predefined presets, user custom presets and your cloth_buffer (aka "previous" state). While you're doing this you could also add in stuff to handle the usual memes of forcing butt plugs and cock cages on sissies (meh) and accessorizing with jewelry etc.

well, I think it's problem with a windows 7.
I didn't test it on it. But had a familiar report with the windows 7 from other user. .

dev_muffin

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2022
Was this maybe something where you didn't do the Player class framework in the demo and the user was loading a game created by the demo version?
Yea, that's for sure. Now I didn't make an support between the version, because demo versionwas kind of.. empty game. I made a lot of refactoring and other stuff.
It's should be ok, if you just start the new game and skip the prologue part.
(the other user fix it in that way)

All that inialization in variables_player.rpy could simply be moved into the __init__ method as hardcoded assignments. It makes things much easier to keep track of in one source rather than spread out into two. You also are using the two dicts cloth and cloth_buffer to keep track of only two clothing states and possibly painting yourself into a corner. Let's say down the road you want to keep track of multiple clothing and accessory presets (eg, school, work, play, swimwear, formal, casual, sexy, sleazy, etc) when you get around to doing the rollout of your wardrobe mechanic.
Thanks for advise (kind a newbie in python).

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
You have two choices when doing major refactoring like this. For the first you will need to set a variable with the release version number so it ends up in the save file. There's a way to run code after a save file is loaded so that data structures can be updated appropriately with whatever default values are necessary. It takes extra work, but the end users will appreciate the thought since they don't have to constantly restart the game from scratch.

The second approach is to clearly warn the public when you are doing this that a new game will be required. You can throw this in your splash screen in the game, in the changelog notes and hopefully get the maintainer of your OP to make a visible notice right above the download links. Then there's this guy's VN and its first of a kind notice (at least for me) that gave me a good laugh.

Yea, that's for sure. Now I didn't make an support between the version, because demo versionwas kind of.. empty game. I made a lot of refactoring and other stuff.
It's should be ok, if you just start the new game and skip the prologue part.
(the other user fix it in that way)

Reactions: ffive

13lokiz

Sep 12, 2020
Claims to have win/linux support, but the download I got from the Pixeldrain link on the OP was for "win" and not the "pc" version that is used in Renpy to generate both Winders and Linux runtimes.

---edit---

Also noticed that this dev has gone of out their way to remove keymapping for roll forward and roll back from the mouse wheel. They aren't even trying to emulate the asshattery of a Japanese eroge by implementing some stupid history or log window instead. So let's put things back to the way they should be. If you haven't unpacked the rpa archives, create a game/scripts/defines folder tree in your download and drop the attached into the defines folder.
Thanks for the heads up, but your file didn't work for me for some reason. To fix, I unpacked with UnRen, then went to that file and just deleted the two config.keymap lines instead of marking them as notes.

Here's my version:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Can't imagine why that wouldn't work unless renpy decided that the rpyc bytecode hiding in the rpa file was somehow newer than my source was after you parked it so no compilation happened. Also the "notes" as you call them have been called "comments" by devs since the dawn of time. The process of quickly removing code out of a source without permanently erasing their presence is called "commenting out" a section of code. It often happens when a sloppy dev checks in code that won't even compile forcing another dev or the build team to stub it out in order to get something built for testing.

Thanks for the heads up, but your file didn't work for me for some reason. To fix, I unpacked with UnRen, then went to that file and just deleted the two config.keymap lines instead of marking them as notes.

Here's my version:

Russian orc

Mar 20, 2021
I'm not in context, please, could you explain what does defenastrion means?
Эпичный срач всего f95zone. Челы делают(?) игру с 17 года на rpgmaker. Вроде как бэ и дрочибельно и картинка хорошая, но обновлений не было 2 года, так еще и регулярные обещание "вот-вот выпустим", но нет (или родят аж 2 сцены, обломки которых и так были в файлах). А донатики с патреона то всё идут и получилось так, что люди фактически платят за завтраки. Чекни defenastrion fresh mulan

dev_muffin

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2022
Эпичный срач всего f95zone. Челы делают(?) игру с 17 года на rpgmaker. Вроде как бэ и дрочибельно и картинка хорошая, но обновлений не было 2 года, так еще и регулярные обещание "вот-вот выпустим", но нет (или родят аж 2 сцены, обломки которых и так были в файлах). А донатики с патреона то всё идут и получилось так, что люди фактически платят за завтраки. Чекни defenastrion fresh mulan
понял, спасибо за объяснения :D Просто когда гуглишь термин - там вообще ничего общего. Про выпады из окна и какие-то картинки эпохи ренесанса :D Не выкупил отссылки, так сказать.

4.50 star(s) 49 Votes