gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
How do i unlock the "Best looks?" option when jogging with Yara in the park and she asks what i think success is?
Looks of at least 20. (I have no idea how the looks stat is calculated however,* it seems to fluctuate more or less at random.)

"Being happy no matter what?" requires openness 30+
"Having the highest grades in class?" requires grades 90+
"Being the most atheltic?" (sic) requires athletics 30+
"Having doors opened for you?" requires looks 20+
"I don't know." if none of the above.

* Edit: Actually now I had the file open anyway I checked, and looks is calculated as a tenth of the athletics stat plus a modifier that varies depending on the clothes the MC is wearing (which is not apparent in game, as far as I know) plus a third variable ($mod) which is set to 0 by default.

So one can slowly grind looks by working out every day and then modify it by laboriously trying on one item after another in the MC's wardrobe.

Last edited:

Poison-Idea

Feb 13, 2019
Looks of at least 20. (I have no idea how the looks stat is calculated however,* it seems to fluctuate more or less at random.)

* Edit: Actually now I had the file open anyway I checked, and looks is calculated as a tenth of the athletics stat plus a modifier that varies depending on the clothes the MC is wearing (which is not apparent in game, as far as I know) plus a third variable ($mod) which is set to 0 by default.

So one can slowly grind looks by working out every day and then modify it by laboriously trying on one item after another in the MC's wardrobe.
Thanks. 14.2 in looks is the highest i can get when trying out different clothes, so it's gonna be a long grind

Reactions: gregers

The Nook Erotica

Creator of Becoming Prom Queen
Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
When it comes to looks, things are still being worked on.
There's a lot to work on to get the game to where I need it to be, and working on looks is one of them <3

Reactions: voerman

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018

As for clothing: Generally speaking, the higher the needed stat, the higher the value for looks. By smartly combining an outfit with extra clothing parts (shoes, necklace etc) one can achieve a better result than with parts alone or outfit alone. This might be a bug but that is how it works currently. This is by observation and not by digging around in files btw.

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
As for clothing: Generally speaking, the higher the needed stat, the higher the value for looks. By smartly combining an outfit with extra clothing parts (shoes, necklace etc) one can achieve a better result than with parts alone or outfit alone. This might be a bug but that is how it works currently. This is by observation and not by digging around in files btw.
This is, indeed, by design :)

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
This is, indeed, by design :)
While i have you: you might want to double check the inventory function. At times purchased clothing or toys will be bought but not appear in the inventory or as choice for masturbation for example. Probably a filter not catching them when building the page or something similar. And no - dont have a save for that to check on as I forgot to actually save externally before closing the browser.

Reactions: The Nook Erotica

The Nook Erotica

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2023
save not working again wth
Old saves are not entirely compatible since with development there are more early scenes being worked on than anything else. There are new classes with additional for the third month, which means you'd have to go back either way to see these scenes.
It might be inconvenient, but that's the kind of game and development that I set out to create, where the story guides your actions first and foremost rather than random event unrelated to time. Eventually, there will be a full 3 months of content and you'll be able to make the jump all the way to the spring break to discover the story's different newly added storylines.

Mieko_Donnie

Jun 26, 2021
Old saves are not entirely compatible since with development there are more early scenes being worked on than anything else. There are new classes with additional for the third month, which means you'd have to go back either way to see these scenes.
It might be inconvenient, but that's the kind of game and development that I set out to create, where the story guides your actions first and foremost rather than random event unrelated to time. Eventually, there will be a full 3 months of content and you'll be able to make the jump all the way to the spring break to discover the story's different newly added storylines.
I grinded my ass to get to the end of the content to just go back from the beginning to see the new scenes?
That's some big L

• Haha
Reactions: Busras and jojogeo

King3312

Feb 5, 2023
t there are more early scenes being worked on than anything else
if that the reason then atleast can you make something like plus game where you can play new game but have your stat in the save. i had spent 1-2 hours just to repeating grind, no way i gonna do that again just for 1 new scene

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
"SAVE IS FROM WRONG GAME - ABORTING"

can someone share some saves.

there is way, way, way too much clicking around to make meaningful progress.
The Nook Erotica uses the version number in the save, thus saves won't have the correct name. Not sure how the code is written, haven't tried reading it. Never learned Java. Other HTML games have done this and I remember one Dev tried to say it wasn't the issue. Can't remember which.

Reactions: gregers

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
That is part of the issue, but including version number in save title locks the save to only being usable in that version.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
The Nook Erotica uses the version number in the save, thus saves won't have the correct name. Not sure how the code is written, haven't tried reading it. Never learned Java. Other HTML games have done this and I remember one Dev tried to say it wasn't the issue. Can't remember which.
Yup. The current naming sabotages any chance of loading a save from a previous version (short of editing the save file), even if it would otherwise be fully compatible.

Reactions: Bobber Tail
3.50 star(s) 14 Votes