[R>Proofreader] Behind The Walls

LStudio

Behind The Walls
Game Developer
Nov 6, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hey guys,
I’m the creator of Behind The Walls, and because I’m all the time looking for ways to improve my project, I decided to ask you for help. I have been in the USA for three years now, and even though I’m constantly trying to improve my language, I am aware of my shortcomings. Therefore, if there is an English native speaker here who has some spare time and would like to review the script with me, please hit me up with a private message here or on .

When I released the first episode, I remember how many people complained about the language in my game and described it as 'engrish'. Don't get me wrong, it was fully understandable then. However, I was a really lucky guy that there were a few people who saw the potential in my project and decided to help me out in this matter. Their pointers not only helped me with the project, but also in everyday life. I’m proud to say that the language in my game has ceased to be called 'engrish' and despite the fact that it’s still easy to tell that the game is not written by someone with fluent English, I have not encountered any comments like that when I released the second episode. Although, there’s still a lot of dialogues that appear meaningless to the players. And it kind of bugs me, because... I share their opinion in a way. Back in my country I used to write scripts for theater plays, movies or film/theater school students. As a perfectionist, I always try to take care of every detail. That’s also the reason why I have a compulsion to improve my language, in the end I always say that the only thing we really have in our life’s is words and time. However, I realize that there are things that cannot be overcome. In three years I won’t learn the whole language nor I won’t understand the whole slang. Time flies, people who a year ago helped me these days, unfortunately, don’t have that much time. This is also the reason why I am asking for help. This shouldn’t take a long time, because it's mainly about reviewing what is already in the game. I believe that those pointers will not only improve my project in the current version, but will also be a good lesson for the future updates.

However, if there is a person here who doesn’t have much time and still would like to help me in some way, please notice that, even sending me a private message with sentences that do not sound "English" in your opinion or differ too much from everyday English will be a huge help for me.

I want you all to know that I’m creating this project for you [f95zone] and I value your opinion. And if I’m able to improve my project in a way that you'll get more joy from it, I’ll do my best to provide it to you.

Sincerely,
LStudio

Reactions: Mimir's Lab