Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK [S1/S2 v0.8.3 & S3 v0.10.1] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Decent-Win

Apr 27, 2020
Son of a ....., damnit! I sincerely apologize. Decent-Win I owe you an apology as well, sincerely.

Folks, I've pulled the links in the OP temporarily. Half of my scripts are not in the damn package, I fucked up... and I own it, accepting complete and full responsibility. Please give me a bit to fix the issue, repackage, and submit new links. I'll make a new post to notify folks once it's done.

Again, I take your time and bandwidth seriously and I ask that you folks accept my sincerest apologies. I've never had a failed mod introduction and now I feel like Activision (I know, shitty joke).

I WILL fix the issue and will test on two non-gaming machines before I submit the link again for your confidence. Please bear with me for just a bit... I feel like shit but I'll make this right, you have my word. Regards.
It's cool man I downloaded the mod again and everything is working great.

Reactions: Sancho1969

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
Sancho, false report... I just realized that when I uninstalled the game and have clean install for your mod, Steam actually didnt remove the whole DIK game files so I did clean uninstall and install the game. Now your mod work great (I havent get to the point to check on test and mini-game yet) even the Affinity and DIK Stat work so well.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho, false report... I just realized that when I uninstalled the game and have clean install for your mod, Steam actually didnt remove the whole DIK game files so I did clean uninstall and install the game. Now your mod work great (I havent get to the point to check on test and mini-game yet) even the Affinity and DIK Stat work so well.
Appreciate the report. All I'm unsure about is if your cheevos will fire off correctly. They should, as long as the base VN recognizes it's running on Steam as a Steam version. Let me know if you have any issues and I'll track 'em down. Regards.

Reactions: Odin73

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
First of all, thank you and you have done a great job.:D:cool:(y)

I still have one question. How far could there be problems with BaDIK Interlude and a save using your mod?:unsure:
Good morning. None that is foreseeable. Never been an issue with any of my mods, including those that have export/import data from one season to another such as ThirstyForMyGuest or SunshineLove. If there is some sort of issue I'll write code to resolve it, like the uninstall file found in all my other mods that allow you to use any save made during the use of SanchoMod and load it cleanly in an un-modded OEM game without a hitch. I can never promise what the future holds though, so there's always that grain of salt. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Tell you what, if you get bored you can try this yourself ahead of time:
  • Make a save somewhere noted with SanchoMod installed
  • Install a fresh, unmodded OEM VN and extract into the "game" folder (this is a small file that simply negates screen info that might be in a save such as a player previously having the MiniStat screen open, etc)
  • Load up that save in the unmodded game. No load error should exist. Win.

Reactions: dalli_x

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks for this mod. Really nice work!!
Can we cheat pocket money?
Honestly the cheats I coded were simply to enable me to speedrun routes to check code for the mod as I created it. I just polished them up and left them in the distribution. I never needed money as the Brawler cheat and freeroam money was always enough for me during these runs.

So the short answer is no, I didn't code a money cheat in since I never had a need for it. I'll jot it down for later though.

Reactions: Andarilho

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Here's some teasers for "Interlude" as I finalize (still need to mark a few image locations):
Bad SM B13a03.jpg Bad SM B13a04b.jpg Bad SM B13a01.jpg Bad SM B13a02.jpg Bad SM B13b03.jpg Bad SM B13b02.jpg

and a new SanchoCheat button with teasers here.

Reactions: JennaJJ

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
S3 Interlude link is in the OP. Please note that this is a separate mod from S1/S2. I had to do it this way since some of the variables are non-existent in the S3 import data so I had to omit those from the stat screens and other formulas. I also removed the variable cheats in the S3 mod so as not to risk borking saves for next release (there's no need for anyone to manipulate any of those in Interlude anyway tbh). If anyone requires further details just let me know and I'll elaborate as needed. Regards and enjoy.

Spirk

Feb 19, 2018
Good afternoon. My mods work on PC, OSX, and Ubuntu...not so much on Atari2600 though.
Damn you sir! How dare you not program your mod to work on a 1.19 4 KB system??!! So unreasonable...
:geek:;)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just for your information Sancho1969 :

I did run into an error right before the 33rd free roam. :unsure:
Good morning J. " IndexError: list index out of range ", let me look into that after a quick cup of coffee. I'll get back shortly.

Edit: OK, that's a default (OEM) list that the dev declares at the beginning of that FR script (Dorm Party) which I use to notify whether the MC is sober or drunk:
1647346454908.png

It is declared in the OEM script task_state_list = [0, False] (along with all the other lists for that FR including tasks directly before you see this screen:
1647346680065.png

The reason I explain all this is there's no way the list is called "out of range" (that I can immediately think of) IF the loaded save or current playthrough starts just BEFORE the FR (freeroam). With that said, did you happen to load an old save in the middle of that freeroam? I loaded an old save (from unmodded) into the VN (modded) that started at the beginning of Episode8 and didn't have any issues either so I'm not sure where it's failing on your end. I might need the save file of the borked issue to run it down.

In that exact line where you are getting an error is my conditional if task_state_list[1]: which is simply Python asking if the list item at index(1) is True (remember the default is False since the MC starts off sober). This is why I can't replicate your error without us digging further into it's cause on your end.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021
Hey :D So, first time reporting with a text file so any edits is me trying to make it easier on the eyes :D

Problem:
Getting the mod to work.

- The newest version of BAD, which works (I can find/import earlier save, play etc.)
- When I transfer in the mod (to the "game" folder of BAD), and start the game, it takes approx. 5 times longer to start (which I think is somewhat normal - under the mod description it says something about that). When the game opens, I get the first 2 steps/images, but I run into the attached error before I get to the "start new game/options" etc.

I THINK I have installed the mod the right place?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hey :D So, first time reporting with a text file so any edits is me trying to make it easier on the eyes :D

Problem:
Getting the mod to work.

- The newest version of BAD, which works (I can find/import earlier save, play etc.)
- When I transfer in the mod (to the "game" folder of BAD), and start the game, it takes approx. 5 times longer to start (which I think is somewhat normal - under the mod description it says something about that). When the game opens, I get the first 2 steps/images, but I run into the attached error before I get to the "start new game/options" etc.

I THINK I have installed the mod the right place?
The error: IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/main_menu_sprites/season2/spr_jock_bg_fr0.jpg'

Do you see the issue? I do. That image that is being called for under "season2" does NOT exist in Season 3 game (I assume you're trying to play Season 3 since you mentioned importing). You have the wrong mod installed into the base VN from all appearances.

Download the correct mod for the VN version you want, reinstall the base VN, install the correct mod. Regards.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes