Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Is anyone else getting a loop back to the Interlude? Is it because of the mod or is it a bug in the game?
Yea pretty sure it's because of the mod. Though it's weird, I don't remember doing anything besides using the walkthrough.
Whatever. I guess I'll just have to do a new save or wait for the mod update now.

Last edited:

Cali2021

Aug 29, 2021
Well screw DPC and his game. No matter how many times I installed season 2
and 3 the game still crashed. There was no mod installed and it crashed when trying to
import a saved game.

monk456

Apr 3, 2018
Well screw DPC and his game. No matter how many times I installed season 2
and 3 the game still crashed. There was no mod installed and it crashed when trying to
import a saved game.
Search this thread, a couple of pages back there's a fix so the game won't detect your saves as modded

Reactions: Bmagada

Bmagada

Dec 18, 2021
Wonder if DPC got even more anti modding shit into this update. Guy has a huge bad dragon dildo up his ass when it comes to people using mods on this game. :unsure: :LOL:
Tbf the more branching paths he makes, the harder it gets to keep the game working right in general. When people are modding it, the whole community will blame him for the game for saves not working 19 chapters in or triggers not executing right. You can already see people getting mad their saves dont work on an unmodded season 3 when they were using mods through 1 and 2. Same people will cry the new chapter is crap because of bugs caused by the mod being absent or using the wrong version of the mod, especially with the size and quality of the updates AND now the renply update so the game looks better.

They're already coming out of the woodwork crying their saves dont work because the games broken and not because they didn't make transfer saves at the end of season 2 or are dumb enough to just drag old saves to the new engine expecting them to work. Without dealing with all of that it was a complicated update to begin with and as far as we know this is one person doing all of this. People need to chill.

CircaAD

Oct 9, 2021
I'm stuck at this point - Open... the entire game folder in a text editor? Not sure how to do that. Was just gonna use notepad++ but which txt file are you referring to
I use Atom, from GitHub, so I open the game folder instead of any one file, and that allows me to search all the files at once. If you want to use Notepad++, then go with allanl9020142's advice and just open game/update9.rpy, as that's where the majority of 9.0 lives.

rogghuggcogg

Dec 4, 2018
Tbf the more branching paths he makes, the harder it gets to keep the game working right in general. When people are modding it, the whole community will blame him for the game for saves not working 19 chapters in or triggers not executing right. You can already see people getting mad their saves dont work on an unmodded season 3 when they were using mods through 1 and 2. Same people will cry the new chapter is crap because of bugs caused by the mod being absent or using the wrong version of the mod, especially with the size and quality of the updates AND now the renply update so the game looks better.

They're already coming out of the woodwork crying their saves dont work because the games broken and not because they didn't make transfer saves at the end of season 2 or are dumb enough to just drag old saves to the new engine expecting them to work. Without dealing with all of that it was a complicated update to begin with and as far as we know this is one person doing all of this. People need to chill.
I would completely respect and agree with you had you been in my position where i 100% everything in season 1 and 2 and all my files got corrupted which means i had to make a complete new game just to access all the content i already unlocked im not looking to spend 300 hours going through the nitty n gritty to do the right path all i would ask drpinkcake to do is where you continue off just have him ask you at the start which person did you go for in season 1 and 2 makes it so much easier then having to make a save for season 1 and 2 and have it work to season 3 as far as im concerned this isnt even a update unless you can just continue through without needing save data.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: allanl9020142

Vilendor

Dec 16, 2022
LoL don't be naive, it's all about selling a written walktrough after every episode for 5€. Aka the mod makes him loose money. Banning crying people on the only 2 platform he is willing to communicate on (discord and patreon) is not just his hobby, but passion

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
Did DarkAssassin remove all the links to his ports from this site or something? I have noticed that they've been missing from a good few game threads now.

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
Did DarkAssassin remove all the links to his ports from this site or something? I have noticed that they've been missing from a good few game threads now.
f95 modders are doing that. cause I usually post links of my blog and that's prohibited here. that's why I don't post here anymore. join my discord to get all news. I posted about this like 6 months ago

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
f95 modders are doing that. cause I usually post links of my blog and that's prohibited here. that's why I don't post here anymore. join my discord to get all news. I posted about this like 6 months ago
That's sad to hear. I know your blog's been taken down as well iirc. So do you just post your ports on your patreon now? Or discord as well? Anyway, I love your ports. Best of luck.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes