Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Austin3456

Aug 15, 2018
He said he should have it completed today. though considering how much drpink went out of his way to make it harder to cheat dont be surprised if it takes a bit longer for scrappy to find a work around for it.

Jul 29, 2017
He said he should have it completed today. though considering how much drpink went out of his way to make it harder to cheat dont be surprised if it takes a bit longer for scrappy to find a work around for it.
Pretty hilarious to me that’s it’s considered “cheating” to want to know how to optimize your choices. Just speaking on his feeling btw, not your post specifically

Makrillo

Feb 16, 2020
Pretty hilarious to me that’s it’s considered “cheating” to want to know how to optimize your choices. Just speaking on his feeling btw, not your post specifically
I mean, the mod does a lot more than that, if it was just a walkthrough mod, then maybe DPC wouldn't be so mad about it. Sorta feels like a waste of his development-time to use it to break mods for people who just want to enjoy his content in a smooth way without replaying the game multiple times.

Reactions: michael1984

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
I think its half cheating only. on steam you can buy a gameguide for all da choises for season 1, i think that he doesn't want peaps to get this mod for free while we can pay for da guide.
I think that if you say you have the full guide (Bought Version) he doesn't mind it at all, and while i downloaded all da episodes here for free, i plan to get the full game from steam (+Guide) when it comes out there :D
I just hope it comes out there soon, or that he gives a shoutout here to tell us when we can expect it on steam (or on steam itself, got season 2 on my wishlist already there :D)

Reactions: johndoe19

johndoe19

May 31, 2019
I mean, the mod does a lot more than that, if it was just a walkthrough mod, then maybe DPC wouldn't be so mad about it. Sorta feels like a waste of his development-time to use it to break mods for people who just want to enjoy his content in a smooth way without replaying the game multiple times.
It seems like from what other people were saying regarding dpc and mods, I think he would be mad regardless. I love the game and appreciate dpc for making it, but I strongly disagree with how he handles this stuff.

Austin3456

Aug 15, 2018
It does have a lot of stuff such as skipping minigames (even if thats also in the base game) and adding things like money and relationship points but even if it didnt Id honestly consider a guide like this cheating. I mean knowing the outcomes for every choice to me is cheating, though I'm not saying its a bad thing cause really its a video game who cares if you cheat as long as its not a pvp game do all the cheating and modding you want imo.

TrainHardnett

Jun 15, 2017
It seems like from what other people were saying regarding dpc and mods, I think he would be mad regardless. I love the game and appreciate dpc for making it, but I strongly disagree with how he handles this stuff.
This, I get why he does it but the way he goes about is just fucked up.

The mod can cause bugs in the game which are not present in the un-modded version, so he doesn't want to waste time fixing something that is not even in the base game. As well as the fact he makes a paid walkthrough anyway 1/2 weeks after release when its kind of a bug hunt if any slipped through his own testing and the beta tests.

Syr96

Aug 5, 2019
I was not aware of that apologies, welp credit where credit is due he is very talented even if he is bit of a prick
Well, i prefer DPC over mostly any other dev. Weekly updates, a huge amount of content in every release and high quality. I prefer a dev that is able to deliver over a nice but lazy dev. 2 months no update, not a single paetron post etc.

DiGidro

Sep 28, 2018
Can't understand some people, who saying "OH YOU CHEATING!". It's not online game and i paid for it on steam (but on steam you have only 4 episode) - so what problem you have with how i like play? And most funny - they don't use cheats, but what they forgot here then?

For such people we had soviet classic: "For three days I chased you to say how indifferent you are to me"

Maduck187

Feb 19, 2020
Well, i prefer DPC over mostly any other dev. Weekly updates, a huge amount of content in every release and high quality. I prefer a dev that is able to deliver over a nice but lazy dev. 2 months no update, not a single paetron post etc.
So you prefer an efficient dev? Everyone prefers an efficient person/program etc. It's just that just because you're efficient doesn't make you a nice or palatable person. There's no denying DPC is talented but the ego trips he goes on are just pure toxin, like when people criticized the controversial end game event of his last game.

Austin3456

Aug 15, 2018
kinda making more work for himself tho by going out of his way to do stuff like making the game crash when it detects a mod. who knows we might have had episode 8 a week ago if he didnt bother doing that.

Reactions: johndoe19

Chucke1992

Jun 11, 2017
So you prefer an efficient dev? Everyone prefers an efficient person/program etc. It's just that just because you're efficient doesn't make you a nice or palatable person. There's no denying DPC is talented but the ego trips he goes on are just pure toxin, like when people criticized the controversial end game event of his last game.
Well, he is making 20k monthly at least so it doesn't matter if he has big ego or not, considering that he can afford it :ROFLMAO:Anecdotally the bigger money people make, more petty they become.

I personally feel like, cheating in a mostly dialogue driven story game doesn't really matter, compared to cheating in a online fps game / any other multiplayers with gameplay beyond reading.
Cheating doesn't matter anywhere aside online games because cheating in online games affects other players.

wytekki

Dec 1, 2018
Cheating doesn't matter anywhere aside online games because cheating in online games affects other players.
I mean, it kinda does, considering the amount of time dev's spend on their projects, just finding out that people are taking the easy way out to cheat the game instead of trying the most optimal route or trying out choices that lead to other scenarios can be extremely frustrating, you are basically taking the easy way out instead of putting in the effort and trying things out for yourself.
And after saying all that, i'm also waiting for the mod after playing the newest update without it just to find the things i've missed and try other routes out.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes