Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

VexTech76

Oct 1, 2022
Wishing there was a cheat for Affinity (I'm prob not looking in the right place). Here are three console commands to help:
affinity=u'DIK'
affinity=u'NEUTRAL'
affinity=u'CHICK'

*just remember you have to type the one you want BEFORE the interaction.*

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Sad it wasn't updated for 0.8.3, TBS in any case.
Do you even need to update. Just looks like minor fixes and removal of songs in v0.8.3. I've actually decided to give the game a whirl, and might not even use the update patch as it doesn't seem necessary.

May 3, 2022
The mod ck that DPC uses to crash the game if youre usin a mod. Is the only instance of this ck
  1. Scrappy Mod Being A DIK 8.2\game\scripts\misc
  2. Being A DIK 8.2\game\scripts\misc
cheat_detection.rpy

screen cheats():
zorder 101
imagebutton:
idle "cheat_screen"
hover "cheat_screen"
action Quit()

I could not find another reference usin 'action Quit()'. I thought there was some kind of ck that read for specific info in the save files added by mods but didnt see anythin that did that.

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
Can someone send me the save file of season 2 so that i can start the season 3? Send the right one.. And thanks

Sapphired

Mar 15, 2022
Appreciate the scrappy mods for everything I've played thus far! Just starting the series and having an issue setting up the mod. I know it doesn't work on 8.3, but shouldn't it be working on 8.2? Tried using the mod on a fresh download of the game before I patched to 8.3 and still had errors. As I mentioned I've used similar mods for other games so I'm sure I'm installing it correctly, but not sure what I'm missing.

Jo_No28

Formerly 'AulTra'
May 5, 2020
Can some help me with this?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/update2.rpy", line 2426, in script
menu:
File "game/header.rpy", line 282, in menu_override
Exception: String u'Go home to Maya [mod_gr][mod_choices[1]' ends with an open format operation.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
menu:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3642, in substitute
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, translate=translate)[0]
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 572, in _vformat
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 160, in parse
raise Exception("String {0!r} ends with an open format operation.".format(s))
Exception: String u'Go home to Maya [mod_gr][mod_choices[1]' ends with an open format operation.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Fri Nov 25 19:42:30 2022

It happens at ep 2 during the party.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Can some help me with this?

While running game code:
menu:

Full traceback:
menu:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1688, in execute
choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set, args, kwargs, item_arguments)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3642, in substitute
return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, translate=translate)[0]
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 270, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 572, in _vformat
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 160, in parse
raise Exception("String {0!r} ends with an open format operation.".format(s))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Fri Nov 25 19:42:30 2022

It happens at ep 2 during the party.
Fixed. Redownload the mod

Jo_No28

Formerly 'AulTra'
May 5, 2020
Fixed. Redownload the mod
After I redownloaded the mod, I found a new bug at tests, when i put the mouse cursor on cheat or shuffle or ok it appears this glitch thing like how its in the image. The same happens to the math test when i put the mouse cursor on cheat or checking the right answer. Screenshot.png

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
Hello, I need some technical help.

To be brief, Some of my BaDIK saves show exception errors, where some variables are not defined.
NameError: name 'quick_menu_hovered' is not defined is the most common error. 30% of my saves don't work because of this.

My question is that I haven't even touched the BaDIK folder (Modded but worked completely fine with no errors) in the past 11 months so where did these errors come from? I never faced them before.

I face these errors only in Ep1-Ep5 saves. My game version is 0.8.2. and the same mod version.

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017
I keep on getting this error when starting at the very first choice after naming the MC. It's for Season 1/2.

```

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 171, in script
File "game/header.rpy", line 281, in menu_override
File "game/header.rpy", line 282, in <lambda>
KeyError: u'mod_gr'

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 171, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1903, in execute
File "game/header.rpy", line 281, in menu_override
File "game/header.rpy", line 282, in <lambda>
File "renpy/exports.py", line 3688, in substitute
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "renpy/substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value
KeyError: u'mod_gr'

```
It keeps on happening after during choices too.

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
So with the new episode only a few weeks away, and the fact that significant branching has been heavily talked about being present, is there any concern for the future functionality of the mod? I know there's probably going to be some level of mod prevention put into the next update since it seems like DPC always tries to add measures to dissuade players. But those have usually been fairly easy to get around with a patch. If the routes are as different as they've been hyped up to be do you think it'll still be possible to keep the same approach of trying to make most content accessible in a single playthrough or would there be a point where you'd feel it's too much work to be worth it? Obviously, this is all just speculation and we'll know more when the episode is released; but I always felt one of the best features of this mod was the ability to switch variables on the fly and craft your run however you want so I was just curious if any of what's been talked about for this upcoming update has you thinking if there might be changes to the way the mod will work.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
So with the new episode only a few weeks away, and the fact that significant branching has been heavily talked about being present, is there any concern for the future functionality of the mod? I know there's probably going to be some level of mod prevention put into the next update since it seems like DPC always tries to add measures to dissuade players. But those have usually been fairly easy to get around with a patch. If the routes are as different as they've been hyped up to be do you think it'll still be possible to keep the same approach of trying to make most content accessible in a single playthrough or would there be a point where you'd feel it's too much work to be worth it? Obviously, this is all just speculation and we'll know more when the episode is released; but I always felt one of the best features of this mod was the ability to switch variables on the fly and craft your run however you want so I was just curious if any of what's been talked about for this upcoming update has you thinking if there might be changes to the way the mod will work.
Well, Scrappy has always done it somehow. I'm going to replay the game and use the current mod, I'm just going to try to not mess up the variables too hard this time. Like seeing both Jill and Sage to avoid that nonsensical vanilla choice. So, I'll have two modded saves, the one I consider my personal canon (ex: both Jill and Sage path to the very end of chapter 8, before choosing Sage for good) and the one I fumbled less with it.

If all goes to hell, then well, gotta go vanilla then... but that might not be the case.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes