Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

TGalarian

Jul 23, 2017
To be fair, we're not supposed to cheat ;)
More seriously, isn't he selling a cheat on the side?
It's not a cheat, per se. It's a Walkthrough guide. Honestly, I'm having a hard time fully understanding his reasons for wanting to block cheating as well. It clearly hasn't hurt his bottom dollar. If anything, most Devs that I've seen embrace mods, even cheat mods, tend to get MORE community support for their game.

I can honestly say that I stopped supporting his Patreon after he went on a bit of an elitist anti-cheating rant. As the game has gotten profoundly more popular, his ego has started to explode.

His entire crusade against anti-cheating is foolhardy. If people want to cheat, they WILL find a way to cheat (Even look at this thread, people cracked his anti-cheating scripts in less than 12 hours). And until he implements some form of live-authentication (Where the game requires an internet connection), he's wasting more time trying to stop it than if he just accepted that it will always exist.

Lord_Raven

Jun 3, 2017
Scrappy taking too long with the mod. Demoted to 2nd best modder in the community. Would you like to go for third?

Only joking. Love your mods. Very helpful. I'm sure with all the issues the non-modded game is having, modding it probably is not the easiest of tasks. I anxiously await the updated mod.

wetzlar

Jun 21, 2020
Yeah, after extracting and fiddling around with the .rpy files myself, I’m throwing my hands up and just have to wait for scrappy’s mod and DA’s port. I was able to remove all the crashes and jumps and even got it to run on joiplay after removing the pc variant stuff, but my MG paths and mini game options are all messed up. I just don’t know enough.

Also the mod hot fix released seems to put me in EVERY path so that’s a no-go for me. Keep up the good work scrappy.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
LoL don't be naive, it's all about selling a written walktrough after every episode for 5€. Aka the mod makes him loose money.
LoL don't be ridiculous. The mod makes him losing nothing. The only thing is that people spamming him with bug reports because they fucked up their saves. I don't know why so much people think there's such thing like a "anticheat system" in this game. I can't find anything in the code what one could be literally call "anticheat system". RenPy works with variables and the problem is that some variables contradict each other. As an example you can't have fucked Jade and be on the Josy&Maya path/branch. Some people modded to have both variables as "True". So if the game comes to a point where both variables matters the script get stucked and the game crashes or you end in a loop. It's simple as that.

Reactions: KiraJames

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Updated for 0.9.0

I didn't make all the paths available in a single playthrough since i feel like it's just gonna become a bigger headache every version down the line. So for those that picked multiple girl "paths" in previous version use the variable cheats and pick which path you want (the "EP8 chose character"). I planned to also add some help at freeroam segments but I've been sick and i'm tired and got a headache for a few days so I'll deal with that at a later date. Now I'm going back to bed bye.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
Updated for 0.9.0

I didn't make all the paths available in a single playthrough since i feel like it's just gonna become a bigger headache every version down the line. So for those that picked multiple girl "paths" in previous version use the variable cheats and pick which path you want (the "EP8 chose character"). I planned to also add some help at freeroam segments but I've been sick and i'm tired and got a headache for a few days so I'll deal with that at a later date. Now I'm going back to bed bye.

Hey you go and have urself a well deserved rest, i hope ur feeling better soon, and i certainly hope its not covideo (sounds less negative that way)

Reactions: Apocalyp5e

Lord_Raven

Jun 3, 2017
Updated for 0.9.0

SCRAPPY promoted back to #1 modder in the community. You rock Scraps.

Reactions: max27

azz111

May 15, 2020
Updated for 0.9.0

LEGEND!

Get some rest :)

monk456

Apr 3, 2018
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find the variable to get Jade's scene, no matter how much I modify the relationships I can't trigger it. Any help? Because I'm sure that I didn't reject her in my old save

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Tbf the more branching paths he makes, the harder it gets to keep the game working right in general. When people are modding it, the whole community will blame him for the game for saves not working 19 chapters in or triggers not executing right. You can already see people getting mad their saves dont work on an unmodded season 3 when they were using mods through 1 and 2. Same people will cry the new chapter is crap because of bugs caused by the mod being absent or using the wrong version of the mod, especially with the size and quality of the updates AND now the renply update so the game looks better.

They're already coming out of the woodwork crying their saves dont work because the games broken and not because they didn't make transfer saves at the end of season 2 or are dumb enough to just drag old saves to the new engine expecting them to work. Without dealing with all of that it was a complicated update to begin with and as far as we know this is one person doing all of this. People need to chill.
Too true. I think for ep 10, I'm seriously thinking about just making a clean save of at least my favorite path. Don't know how I'll go about it yet.

Reactions: KiraJames

barotok

Apr 30, 2019
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find the variable to get Jade's scene, no matter how much I modify the relationships I can't trigger it. Any help? Because I'm sure that I didn't reject her in my old save
You must not reject Jade and be on "Alone/Others" path

Reactions: monk456

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
no disrespect to scrappy but is this mod better than sancho mod?????
I think it's a matter of personal preference. I personally like Scrappy's mods better. They're clean and have a walkthrough that's built into the game's choices. I don't really need anything else but the options to do cheats are always available if I wanted to do so.
I remember using Sancho's mod for another game at one time and it just wasn't for me but I know there are people who do like it.
I mean you're going to have at least 9 months to play ep 9. I suggest experiment with both and find out which one you like.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes