Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

DanMotta

Dec 7, 2022
Is it better for the mod to download the whole of episode 9 or can i just download the patch for the interlude?
why would you download only the interlude? downloading ep9 that already includes the interlude is the best option.

diferender

Mar 2, 2018
why would you download only the interlude? downloading ep9 that already includes the interlude is the best option.
I think he meant he already has the interlude and was asking whether to download the whole season 3 package or just the patch.
Is it better for the mod to download the whole of episode 9 or can i just download the patch for the interlude?
If what I wrote above is correct, I think just downloading the patch should be enough.

devilsdetails

Jun 18, 2018
damn. i was worried you were gonna say that. when i type that it says False could not be defined
Everything is case sensitive in the console. Your commands should look exactly like: branchIsabella=False
The branches are branchIsabella, branchJill, branchAlone, branchSage, and branchMayaJosy

Shiftlock

Aug 21, 2019
Hey guys can someone help me with the first mini game of the birthday no matter what i do is always a shitty plan :(

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Fucking shit just now i noticed i deleted all my saves several months ago when the dev again tried to force a weird decision on the players (who chooses a girlfriend after a couple weeks at college?).

The thought of playing again from start, even skipping, makes me even less interested in seeing where this mexican telenovela is going. :LOL: :LOL: :FacePalm:

Reactions: Lolo90

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Hey guys can someone help me with the first mini game of the birthday no matter what I do is always a shitty plan :(
If you're referring to the party planning, you can just use the mod to give yourself a higher party planning budget in the cheat menu. After that you pretty much can't go wrong, just do what the tutorial tells you and try to place most of the items next to multiple DIKs who need them. The perk that makes it so beer doesn't require cups is also probably the most helpful.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
If you're referring to the party planning, you can just use the mod to give yourself a higher party planning budget in the cheat menu. After that you pretty much can't go wrong, just do what the tutorial tells you and try to place most of the items next to multiple DIKs who need them. The perk that makes it so beer doesn't require cups is also probably the most helpful.
Can confirm. Did the same after trying the minigame and seeing how much of a boring gameplay mechanic that was.

Wroganwendigo

Apr 9, 2020
I updated to scrappy mod. But the 'cheats' doesn't show up in any of the save files from the mod page. But the actual save file which i used back then during interlude has the option. But i want try out other routes. any ideas?
the save files: https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-9-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-5618683

Edit: I deleted everything and reinstalled the saves, now the cheat option shows up. but i can't access it. it throws up error.
I used sancho's joiplay fix for android. would that be a problem?

Last edited:

Wildehilde

Dec 3, 2020
What i was thinking. Bella said if we cheat on the midterms "i don't know if we made the same test". Sooo could Scrappy add in the cheat console the option if we cheated or not on the test?

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
who chooses a girlfriend after a couple weeks at college?
From my time in university I can tell many people does this. At first there are many people who are in a relationship when they start to study. After the first weeks the single market gets smaller. If you fall for someone it doesn't matter which phase of your studies you are.

Reactions: spl00sh321

K115

Jun 3, 2018
Came here 3 days later to check if there was a fix for modded saves on the new chapter. I'm guesing scrappy still hasn't found a way to get past DPC's anti-fun obstacles?
I love this game to bits but damn DPC is way too salty about people cheating on an avn. And in case you're reding this, thanks for still going at it scappy, you're the hero we don't deserve lol

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I'm guesing scrappy still hasn't found a way to get past DPC's anti-fun obstacles?
There aren't anti-fun obstacles. It's Ren'Py. This language based on a "if-else and true-false"-structure to speak simple. Look into the code of the game and you can see why it's nearly impossible in this phase of the game to made a "one in all"-Walkthrough. It's not something a dev made to fuck with modders. If DPC would've code his game another way many things in this game couldn't exist. People should deal with it. There are many ways you can cheat in this game but a see-all-in-one-playthrough is only possible if you recode the game at feeled 1500 points. It's feasible but I don't think there's a mod designer who will do this. For what and whom? This would be a work of weeks and after the next update you can do it again plus for the new content.

Reactions: K115

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
Hey guys can someone help me with the first mini game of the birthday no matter what i do is always a shitty plan :(
How do you mean shitty if you referring to what Tommy says is because he wants 6 girls other wise he will always say bad

May 22, 2019
okay i fix the isabella and jill loop by doing this
1. Make sure the cheat on bottom is working if it give error when you open just reinstall it
2. Click on cheat and change variable of episode 8 on any character to isabella patch make sure you do the change before the josy choice of chick, neutral and dik

Vohveleita

Jul 20, 2021
There aren't anti-fun obstacles. It's Ren'Py. This language based on a "if-else and true-false"-structure to speak simple. Look into the code of the game and you can see why it's nearly impossible in this phase of the game to made a "one in all"-Walkthrough. It's not something a dev made to fuck with modders. If DPC would've code his game another way many things in this game couldn't exist. People should deal with it. There are many ways you can cheat in this game but a see-all-in-one-playthrough is only possible if you recode the game at feeled 1500 points. It's feasible but I don't think there's a mod designer who will do this. For what and whom? This would be a work of weeks and after the next update you can do it again plus for the new content.
You can almost fully do a single playthrough as long as you switch the girl path (with scrappy's cheat) in the correct order. It's not perfectly synced when it comes to dialogue continuation but you literally can still maintain your full harem. Or so at least I did without any repercussions.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
You can almost fully do a single playthrough as long as you switch the girl path (with scrappy's cheat) in the correct order. It's not perfectly synced when it comes to dialogue continuation but you literally can still maintain your full harem. Or so at least I did without any repercussions.
Seriously we need a guide knowing when and where to change out, I managed to get through a bit but I lost out on a lot of scenes/content and there were a LOT of traps particularly Isabela and Jill o_O

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
You can do many thinks. With URM you didn't need Scrappy's mod for this and you can do even more. But the point is that it's something you have to do manually. The fun with a mod is that the mod do the work for you but this game has to much branches and variables to handle that made it nearly impossible to code a mod to do this on a automatic way. That's what I said. No one can blame Scrappy or Sancho for this. This is Ren'Py in a complex game. No modder will code the most of the game script new. That's what it needed if you want to have a mod without manually switching. The game reached a point where it's the easiest way to play all five branches by itself and uses mod only to see some hidden dialogues.

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
Seriously we need a guide knowing when and where to change out, I managed to get through a bit but I lost out on a lot of scenes/content and there were a LOT of traps particularly Isabela and Jill o_O
Yeah I've notice that you'll either have to pick to get Jill or Isabella at least at the start of the party. After a while you'll be able to switch almost freely on both Jill and isabella. Tho I don't think you miss that much on both of them. As you can only dance with either Isabella or Jill. So no real worries

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Yeah I've notice that you'll either have to pick to get Jill or Isabella at least at the start of the party. After a while you'll be able to switch almost freely on both Jill and isabella
My main problem I think is because in Isabella's path I want to keep the Jill option open at the end of my all in one save which I need to do her scene in the beginning to trigger. I think instead of worrying about the main paths I hope Scrappy increases the number of little trigger points. Like for example, I would like an opportunity to take Tara from Oscar in the future but if I miss kissing her under the ghost blanket or sleeping alone that becomes a problem, as does that whole decision to tell Jill about Matthew cheating on Bianca needing her scene at the end being a potential halt to that decision forcing you to do Jill's ending on the main all in one save if you want to keep most of the content. Just more little event triggers so you don't miss out on any content whatever path you're currently switched on :unsure:

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes