Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

lokiGod

Sep 21, 2023
So I just started season 1-2 with the mod.
Mod is easily accessible but if I want to choose an action which needs me to be , let's say DIK....
I choose dik from the mod but the choice isn't enabled and the mod also doesn't update my status as a DIK.
Am I like doing something wrong or what?

Bobhanw

Feb 8, 2023
So I just started season 1-2 with the mod.
Mod is easily accessible but if I want to choose an action which needs me to be , let's say DIK....
I choose dik from the mod but the choice isn't enabled and the mod also doesn't update my status as a DIK.
Am I like doing something wrong or what?
You can change wether your full dik or chick for choices in the mod meny

randyroo2

Jun 16, 2018
All scenes doesn't seem to work all the time.
There was no option at the point in the game where you can date jill and maya which in turn prevents you hooking up with Jade.
Then at the major fork during episode 8 if you cheat and select all it skips the bella sex scene. (This is as far as I got btw looking for some kind of fix, want to date all and bang bella).
Also i don't think there is any way to get the sex scenes from alternate paths when Jill arrives and MC goes to stay somewhere else.

Reactions: omegabottomtext

lokiGod

Sep 21, 2023
You can change wether your full dik or chick for choices in the mod meny
I chose current affinity as Dik and permanent affinity as yes
But still the game blocks one choice of the two that I am given.
The mod works fine for MAX MONEY but for being a DIK it does not work for me.

qwerty1994

Apr 12, 2019
hope the harem mod is going to be released at some point.. tempted to try Sancho's mod at this point but I don't think it'll work with saves that have 'used' scrappy's :(

Klistoff

May 19, 2023
hope the harem mod is going to be released at some point.. tempted to try Sancho's mod at this point but I don't think it'll work with saves that have 'used' scrappy's :(
Sancho's mod will prompt you and fix the differences if there's any 'timebombs' that DPC has left for Scrappy - worked for me on a couple of old Scrappy saves. But defo no Harem option - Sancho won't do anything that will potentially fundamentally b0rk the VN.

• Wow
Reactions: qwerty1994

easykiln

Jul 2, 2017
In episode 5, you have an option to take a dick pic with tybalt's phone. The option is shown in green. Looking at the official walkthrough for reference, it just raises the neutral stat dik score, though, so why?

EDIT: That was mostly curiosity, but now there is something that actually bothers me. I noticed that I silently gained access to some options I should not qualify for. Near the end of episode 5. The problem is that they are provided silently and without labels, and I mostly use the mod to keep track of variables. If I didn't happen to know the conditions, I would not even realize I was using a cheat to do something impossible. There's an "option to see all scenes" toggle, but it didn't seem to do anything either way.

Last edited:

Letzdothis

Jan 7, 2023
Just got a mac, and wanted to reinstall season 1-2 I was able to install the mod on my windows version of the game no problem. However on the mac when I launch the game it says "mod not installed correctly". I followed the steps opening the games contents placing the game folder in autorun and merging but no luck. I'v also tried unarchiver ensured it was up to date to unzip game and made sure versions matched 8.3 from DPK and 8.3fix2 from scrappy. Any help or suggestions?

Letzdothis

Jan 7, 2023
Installing the Scrappy mod 8.3fix2 for season 1-2 is giving me hell on my Mac. Sancho mod installed super easy. But I prefer to play with scrappy mod. I posted the question above too if anyone has answers please. I’ve also tried copying the mod in the lib and renpy folders as well and nothing is working, keeps saying “mod installed incorrectly”

Update*
cheats shows up and works well, variables and everything fine. Issue found is recreate able, it is every time closing the game and loading any save the traceback comes in as

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 462, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loadsave.py", line 771, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2200, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2014, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "/Users/masen/Desktop/BeingADIK.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 1932, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Darwin-22.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.8.3
Wed Jan 24 01:56:55 2024

Last edited:

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
Some of my saves from 0.9.1 will not load, please advise
Rich (BB code):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'OO000000OO0O0OOOO'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4155, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1100, in event
  File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 48, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1313, in event
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 979, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 914, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 322, in run
    new_rv = run(i, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 770, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 63, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)
AttributeError: 'StoreModule' object has no attribute 'OO000000OO0O0OOOO'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.10.1
Sun Jan  7 16:11:02 2024
Anyone have an idea about this issue?

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
Is it possible to start season 3 with all routes active? If so how to do it?
Is it possible to stay with both the MG and the Side Girls with the mod in Season 3?
Somewhat. It's not recommended by scrappy to do this, and he will be coming out with a newer version of the mod that does allow you to do this without major issues (eventually), but you can technically make it happen in the current state of the mod.

You just have to go into the mod menu, click the "Variables" tab, and then click each of the names of the main LIs and the last name on the list (I forget what it says but its something like "Other" or "Miscellaneous") and click the option that says "On {X} route" and all the options that correspond with dating them, and ignore the warning that says you should only be on one path. If you do that you will be able to do most of the side girl scenes and some of the main girl scenes, although there will still be some things you will miss, this is the best way to get the most content in a single playthrough.

I also recommend using a walkthrough while playing because some scenes check "if you are on {X} path then end relationship with {Y}", and you can avoid ending the relationship if you just turn off the path for the duration of that scene (or just when that check happens). And you should save often to ensure you don't fuck something up.

But like I said, if you're worried about major issues, you should probably wait for Scrappy to release the full version of the mod, as you will not be able to see every scene in one playthrough anyway. No one has any idea when that will come though.

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
I chose current affinity as Dik and permanent affinity as yes
But still the game blocks one choice of the two that I am given.
The mod works fine for MAX MONEY but for being a DIK it does not work for me.
Its a little confusing, but the options that require you to be "DIK" are not referring to your affinity, its referring to your DIK score. These are two different things. Your affinity is affected by major decisions that are specifically noted by DPC, whereas your DIK score is affected by dialogue options which aren't pointed out by DPC but are indicated in the mod with sidenotes like "+1 DIK" or "+1 CHICK". Both can be changed in the mod menu, for DIK scores its the slider that is above the affinity options. It has the words "DIK SCORE" above it and below that it says which score you are currently set as; if your score is -3 to 3, you are Neutral, if you are 4 to 10, you are a DIK, if you are 11 to 15, you are a Huge DIK, and if you are greater than 15 you are a Massive DIK. Its the same for the CHICK side, just replace the positive numbers with negative and the word DIK with CHICK. So, -4 to -10 is CHICK, etc.

There are some options that require to you be DIK affinity too, though. Those options will say "Required: DIK Affinity" not "Required: DIK". I believe Scrappy is fairly consistent with that, but if you are having issues just try changing both your score and affinity.

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes