Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Anyone able to get this to work on Mac? Followed instructions provided and put in game folder and is not working...
@kev2048 don't really know about Macs, but i downloaded the mac version to see how it is structured and i think if you put it into Contents/Resources/autorun it will probably work

jsarah

May 31, 2017
usually all mods goes in Contents/Resources/autorun/game but this mod breaks something and game can't be opened.
Putting in autorun doesn't work for the mod (normal game without cheats)

kev2048

Mar 18, 2019
@kev2048 don't really know about Macs, but i downloaded the mac version to see how it is structured and i think if you put it into Contents/Resources/autorun it will probably work
I have put it in multiple different places including the autorun and directly into the game folder. I have had it in just Contents, in just Contents/Resources and into Contents/Resources/autorun. All still to no avail. I did not have the issue that @lorydjinn had when putting it in the game folder though.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
I have put it in multiple different places including the autorun and directly into the game folder. I have had it in just Contents, in just Contents/Resources and into Contents/Resources/autorun. All still to no avail. I did not have the issue that @lorydjinn had when putting it in the game folder though.
just drag and drop the folder "game" from the mod into autorun so it merges with the folder there, then check the folder "game" if you have folders called scripts,images and 1badikch there

joe.dirte114

Nov 13, 2017
hmmm I put the add on in the games file and nothing showing up in the bottom right corner. does the add on not work anymore?

Edit: NM I got it working.

kev2048

Mar 18, 2019
just drag and drop the folder "game" from the mod into autorun so it merges with the folder there, then check the folder "game" if you have folders called scripts,images and 1badikch there
When I download the mod it shows up as a .rar file. There is no folder to drag into the autorun to merge with the folder already named game. Probably a Mac thing. Not sure what is up with it. I will keep trying periodically. Thanks for trying to help

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
When I download the mod it shows up as a .rar file. There is no folder to drag into the autorun to merge with the folder already named game. Probably a Mac thing. Not sure what is up with it. I will keep trying periodically. Thanks for trying to help
Then here is a .zip version if you can't extract the rar one

patric

Jul 14, 2017
Whenever I try and put the script file in the /game folder, I get a bunch of errors.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Whenever I try and put the script file in the /game folder, I get a bunch of errors.
you put the game folder inside the game folder

so you have all the scripts twice, do it so you have scripts, images and 1badikch inside the folder game like in this image

Reactions: Canto Forte

bjackson

Oct 30, 2018
Hey Scrappy. This was working great for me until I hit a point where I could gain money. I was able to get past that by not picking up the money and had no issues until the end of act 1. After the synopsis page, I got another script error stating "could not find label 'ep1_report_jill_label'. I thought that maybe the changes I made via the cheat messed something up, so I decided to start over and try to run through it really quick without making any changes. When I got to the part where the Dad offers money, I got the attached message when I accept 1 $ (same error as the last money related script error). If I select either of the 2 options, it works.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Hey Scrappy. This was working great for me until I hit a point where I could gain money. I was able to get past that by not picking up the money and had no issues until the end of act 1. After the synopsis page, I got another script error stating "could not find label 'ep1_report_jill_label'. I thought that maybe the changes I made via the cheat messed something up, so I decided to start over and try to run through it really quick without making any changes. When I got to the part where the Dad offers money, I got the attached message when I accept 1 $ (same error as the last money related script error). If I select either of the 2 options, it works.
Your errors look like you're playing version 0.1 of the game instead of 0.2. Delete everything and redownload the game then try again

Reactions: Canto Forte
4.70 star(s) 30 Votes