VN - Ren'Py - Being a Wife [v1.130 Patreon] [baap]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Consistently_1nconsistent

Well, this had a decent chance of being good. I say had because the dev, for some reason, decided to go back, undo all of their hard work, and rebuild an entire new story only worse.

Look I get it. When you're creative, sticking with the same thing can get pretty tiresome and a bit boring, but when you're creating something that everyone of your supporters is against you changing ... you might want to listen to them and at least finish what you've started. You can always start something new on the side or after your done. I mean, if AAA devs can't get away with doing this kind of thing, why would an independent think that it's okay for them to do it? Just baffling.

Anyway, the original Christine Watson was a better VN. Better story and while models, at times, weren't the best it was entertaining enough to want to see where the story was going. It wasn't a 5/5 but it was at worst a 3.5/5 or a solid 4/5.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Funky_A

I know the dev is trying but I can't understand what he is trying to do... The remake is probably even worst than the the first one

My view is that,

The story makes no sense at all, it's like an '80 P-movie were the dialogues are just to make a movie longer or clean yourself up There is no build-up, no anticipation, no character building, no story or some kind of plot. This is why the major P-studios stoped making movies in this era and are just filming sex scenes. Probably the dev should do the same

The cg's are medium to bad ... The FP seems different every other scene, Except from the change of hair which is too much, the level of detail is different, the light is different, probably because the dev is trying to use all the old cg's in the remake but I'm not sure on this, nothing adds ...
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Not concerned

So far so good i like your work and its really just amazing well gotta say that graphics and visual effects are much realistic so good well still i believe the earlier version as in christine watson was better but it's your so keep going and make your storyline enjoyable atleast i like this GORO arc well keep going
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Dexterward

Hello

I was pleased to discover this new episode. I like this new version of Christine's adventures.

The renderings seem to be of better quality and Christine is even more beautiful and more sensual than the first version. I prefer this storyline.

However, I hope that you will keep certain storylines like the one with Tobey, Henri and the scene with Daniel at the party.

So, a project that is taking a nice turn and I can't wait to see what happens next.

The update is short but I saw the previous one was about ten days ago: do you plan to keep the pace of two updates per month?

Thank you for this game
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Aizar

.... your game... your cake... this is mine two cents....
    What's the problem? the code, the plot, the writing? How your caracthers look ?
    From a probably five star game that I was thinking to start supporting, to a new start with old names and different looks!... Take your time but it's a risky way read again an old plot It's really quite boring to do it. I don't understand.... Good luck! Hope it will worth it....
  6. 5.00 star(s)

chpcool38

I'm leaving a five-star rating as a little encouragement because I believe in the potential for improvement, just like we saw from the demo to the first version. The author, who's from India, seems to have a knack for this, and I'm pretty sure they'll start blending AI into their scriptwriting soon.

The one thing I'm not too keen on is the bits that feel borrowed from AWAM. I get the appeal, but not everyone's into seeing similar scenes or storylines. That said, I'm happy to see the story starting to take its own path. With the strong support on Patreon, I'm optimistic about what's to come!

Oh! and just FYI, nudity and sex scenes came much later in AWAM, people like being teased.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Bakambu1

This game is the best I've played lately. But I will have a few recommendations for future updates. First of all, it is necessary to slow down the main character in the game a little because if it continues at this pace, there will not be much left for the next updates.
    If the relationship between stepfather and stepdaughter becomes more prominent in subsequent updates, it will be very important for the game to progress by focusing on other characters. Seeing more footjob, handjob and fingerjob, especially between the stepson and the stepmother, can add variety. There may be three-way relationships in later updates.
    For example, between stepmother Goro and stepson, or between stepfather, stepdaughter and stepson. The game is really beautiful and not extending the game long enough may cause your efforts to be wasted.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Trasher2018

The renders are ok, but the writing is horrible.

You feel like you have missed 1-2 Seasons, because the characters are talking about stuff that you dont know - it seems like the MC did some stuff already with ppl ... but I dont know.

The translation doesnt help either.

And it is bugged - you have a choice to check whats behind a door ... no matter what you pick, its ignored.

so .. yeah ... a lot to work on ...
  9. 2.00 star(s)

wrs_supernova

Man, that's bad...

Story:
    Nothing makes sense... And yeah, we all know in FMC games you do not expect much from the story, but this does not hold enough even to make sense to engage in the pictures.

Animation/Images:
    I didn't last enough to see any animation, so can't judge there. But images after the demo are ok at least, not the worst but certainly not great. (actually, there was one. Not great as well, with the John guy)

Translation:
    The quality of the translation also detracts a lot of the game quality.
    But I think that even if the sentences were on point, that alone would not save the 'world building'/scene buildup.

General thoughts:
    Also, I see no reason why you should have 3 separate builds for your story already. That feels like a major red flag about the quality of the code here.

However, it is clear that some progress is being made. I mean, it will probably take a long time for it to be good, but since the dev does seem to be improving... it may be worth to check this in a few months.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Nimrodlepord

Really enjoy the story,illustrating the corruption of Christine and her family . The art work maintains many really voyeuristic images as well as the graphics being very sensual. I find the syoryline regarding her husband most amusing and so far he remains clueless.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Fc.001

Well, what a surprise.
    I played the game (Second Part) before reading the reviews and what a surprise.
    The game is pretty good and doesn't deserves such bad scores.
    The renderers are good, story not bad, the main character is gorgeous and the other protagonist are interresting.
    Can't wait for futurs updates.
    I mean some other games with lower quality have much better score.
    Give this game his chance.

(PS : Sorry Baap, I just played the first part and, indeed, it's not that great). But the progress between the first and second part are huge. And the second part is awesome, so keep going).
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Grizzzzly

Normally I am a huge fan of fem prot games, slut sims, cheating etc...this is pretty bad.

Writing - horrible (not much makes sense, plot.? flow ..its all over the place
    Graphics - poor, basic example when the MC is walking to the car, one high heel is bured into the cement. Not a big issue, but the Dev uses this crappy image over and over.
    Gameplay - practically none. its a poorly written VN with selections that don't really matter

Interest grabbing...none. There is no investment in the character, I felt the need to just change prefs to skip unseen text and started blasting it...I never do that with a new (for me) game.

So many that are better than this, move on.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

ScrewMe

Played both v1 and v2...and where to start?
    The writing. It's bad. Gets slightly better in v2, but still bad.
    Barely any build-up and dialogues like:
    " What has happened, I have been seeing you for a long time. you are not saying anything, you just look sad.
    - No, it's nothing like that, I am fine.
    - No you're not, look if you consider me your friend you can tell me
    - No, nothing like that, everything is fine"
    So, basically writing the same quote twice. Simple "I SAID I'M FINE, DON'T BOTHER" would've worked way better in this situation. And that's just one example.

Renders: meh at first, better later on. Lighting looks unnatural and colour saturation is too high. Red is too red, green is too green, etc. But there is growth in that, gotta give credit where it's due.

Choices: looks like kinetic novel pretending to be your corruption VN with choices. Don't want to watch random dude getting a blowjob - no access for scenes withother characters. Don't want to have an encounter with neighbour kid - don't get scenes with other characters. Don't like old dude - again, roadblock towards different scenes. So, basically, characters, whose paths don't overlap, somehow depend on each others' scenes. You play full slut or receive this games' version of Game Over.
    V2 doesn't count any choices that you've made in V1.

So, the verdict: this game reminded me why the game which shoes it tries to put on is as popular as it is. Proper build-up. Chemistry between characters and choices that matter. This game doesn't have it. But it has sex scenes.

I recommed to this developer to put some effort into building plotlines beforehand, writing a proper script for a few updates, give it to read to a few people, build storyline branches and then build one good 30-40 min long update/remake.
    If not - there's easy choice: make it kinetic and that's it.

2/5 for me. Not total waste of time, could work for quick fap for some dudes. Otherwise,not recommending so far.
  14. 2.00 star(s)

King Wan

I like stories that move fast enough not to blue ball me time and again. CW has nice renders and enough action to satisfy but the pacing is wrong and her inner workings as to why she can accept fooling around with her son, an old man and one of her students do not hold. Because of this lacking in the story I believe the completed VN will be a fuckfest with no real thought. And the English is very poor for Indian devs.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

twicejjang

One of the better mother/wife corruption games. The CG quality at the beginning isn't great, but it does improve over time and, currently, it's very good. The MC is also really, really hot. Like many female protag corruption games, there are a lot of much older and much younger sexual partners which could be a positive or a negative depending on if you like those fetishes. Overall, a fairly strong choice if the tags match what you like.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

Aj Atkinson

The game itself is not bad, I'd say it is good. Especially those lewd Cristine moments with son and his friend. But as a player (and Cristine) you are not free to choose your behavior really... It is scripted too strong and if you refuse to do EVERYTHING (even what you don't like to do) then you will see "Game Over" very soon. That's sad. Scripting could be better and author could give the MC and player a bit more of freedom.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

GagaAmber22

Good game. Could be better in terms of writing script and dialogues. Some situations in this game seem too sudden and forced. But except that the renders are improving per update. Good work by the Dev. Definitely looking forward to the next updates. All the best. Maybe I'll change my ratings after a few updates based on the quality of this game. Love from India!
  18. 2.00 star(s)

PUPIL

I like the genre ntr and stories that have situations of infidelity. That's why I was initially interested in this visual novel, however, the story is simple and inconsistent, the sexual scenes are generic and rushed. In short, a visual novel with a theme that I like but poorly executed.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Twisted Dreamer

Love it! Some may not be a fan of the lack of build-up but as someone who has played a lot of these games it gets a bit tiring to keep waiting for something in the story to finally happen so I'm loving it, I prefer just imagining the in betweens rather than having to go through hours of dialogue... not to mention this also removes the hassle for the game developer creating all this additional content meaning we get faster and more feature packed releases!!
  20. 4.00 star(s)

RØLÈX

Main thing of this game I like is it's MC. It has good story and plot but it has some cons. Game is proceeding very quickly so that characters are not getting that much time and I think only Goro and Tobey had build a great relationship with her and boss was on the way of it but he got die : /.