Best Anti-Virus Recommendation

there

Nov 23, 2016
The title should sum it all up. All I am asking is which is the best anti-virus software which protects against intrusive malware or virus online or while downloading a file?

It would be a plus if it also has a software which speeds the PC up so if you have some input please tell me about it.

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
#1 is the best
#2 :)

Best free AV is

you can see all AV reviews.

Reactions: maisbordeldemerde

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Bitdefender
MalwareBytes

LucaNatoli

Sep 30, 2016
I use Avast, it does the job. It is free and has a lot of extras (like updates out of date software - VPN - Online shopping safe - firewall - actually contains a lot, too much to write here, best to visit the website - and it's very lightweight.). I have been using it for years and years now. It also has a sand box mode, which will run the program in a, how do you say it, secure containment section to see if it contains any harmful content, if it passes it runs the program normal, if it has harmful content it quarantines it and then you can decide whether to delete it or try to repair it etc etc.
So there may be better ones out there, but I haven't looked lol, and *touch wood* 10 years and never had a virus or malware, ever!

You can check it out here:

RedKing

The Sea Claims All in the End
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 6, 2016
#1 Kaspersky :eazyHype:
#2 Bitdefender & Avira
#3 Trend Micro & Symantec.
Don't even bother with the rest..

As for system boosters, I'd recommend Cacheman (the activated version that is), and CCleaner on every OS but Windows 10.
Win10 has gotten better and better at cleaning up its own mess so I would advise you to try any, especially the cleaning registries ones.

Reactions: vir_cotto

stoper

Game Developer
May 4, 2017
I'm using Kaspersky for a few years now and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm buying the 3 PC license of Total Security with two friends and it costs us around 20-30 bucks a person.
And you can pair it with the free version of MalwareBytes, so you can scan every now and then, in case the AV misses something.

Reactions: vir_cotto

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
I use Bitdefender total security as a paid for option they got a sale on ATM 5 device 1 year license for £29.00 so if you got other pc's laptops android devices may be a good option for you

If you want free Avira is god but be aware of nagging pop ups from time to time. bit defender free is also good sits in background very quietly doing its work. If you go for a free AV make sure you pick up a free version of malwarebytes to run in Tandem with it