Best way/software to make assets

tomcire

Jun 12, 2018
I am back, and I'll do a game this time for real.
After
I'll start with a pure text game, just for clear my thoughts about the engine and game experience I want to conceive, but still, I have to start learning how to make my own assets.
I would really want to hire a pro artist and a writer/editor, but if I do I will just throw at them a lot of money before having an audience, I want to make it step by step.
1) Build the engine with the core game mechanics
2) Use it to make a short text based game, probably with 0 erotic stuff but still with the most important feature to convey a gaming experience with the features of combat system and managment of resource.
3) Get feedback and adjust the core system
4) Go to the next project after having got the right amount of experience.
5) Procede with the adult game.
But at point 5 I need assets.
Here the core question:
What is the best software to make some adult assets for a guy that do not what to invest too much time on them?
I ask because there are many options and surely there are more that I don't know.

- Blender
Learn modelling, buying all textures need, sculpt all the objects and characters than do the composition.
Off course no. Maybe next life. (yes I am soo foolish that I was actually learning how to model)
- Daz 3D
Amazing program, but still require a lot of study, and time to render, plus you have to play a lot with the models to really get what you want.
You can do pieces of art with it, but not for me, I need something more "casual".
-Honey Select
Never used but probably is the kind of option I want. Something like that, you have everything, you put a couple of mods and then you go, you make the composition you need, a couple of adjustment with a photo editing software and you can go.
But it is used and reused too much many.
Alternatives? Maybe not as mangaish as Koitatsu (or how you spell it),

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
Well, that's an interesting question, but here is one for you, how detailed/realistic do you want your adult assets to be? Because that will define how much time it would require.

If you want Minecraft level assets (just pixels), it takes like no time, if you want World of Warcraft level (cartoonish), it will take a bit more time, if you want, I don't know, the latest Resident Evil level (realistic), it will take alot of time.

So, what is your target? Because I think fixing the style you want will help you make that decision. and after that comes the question that wasn't even in your 1,2,3 but that is important imo. If you pick a style, just because it's, let's say, realistic level, it doesn't mean that it has to be super expensive, a good artist that knows his tools can produce assets at a faster rate than one that doesn't, for the same pay, yet it takes less time for you to get the assets, and he can work on more projects earlier because he would have finished yours. So everyone wins. There are variables of course, but it's something to keep in mind, imo.