Best way to track game updates

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
Hello there,

So, I'm new to the forum, and I'm following the threads of some games that I liked, with the objective of knowing when the game is updated. The problem is, following the thread gives me notifications for every post made on that thread, which is something I do not want at all.

Would there be any cleaner way of knowing when a game is updated? The page looked promising, but I didn't see any "watch" feature.

Thanks!

Reactions: crashbangwhallop

ItsEricBoi

Sep 13, 2017
Hello there,

So, I'm new to the forum, and I'm following the threads of some games that I liked, with the objective of knowing when the game is updated. The problem is, following the thread gives me notifications for every post made on that thread, which is something I do not want at all.

Would there be any cleaner way of knowing when a game is updated? The page looked promising, but I didn't see any "watch" feature.

Thanks!
By clicking the 'Latest Updates' tab

Reactions: Singaia

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
By clicking the 'Latest Updates' tab
Thanks for the answer!

Isn't it a bit too unwieldy to track some specific games when that page contains thousands of them, though? What I had in mind was something to know when the games you like are updated. It may be excessive, but who knows, perhaps there's a way to do it.

Hmm...I don't access this forum with that frequency, but yeah, it's possible that checking for a couple pages in the "latest updates" tab isn't that big of a deal. I'm just getting used to it :). Any other tips though, I'm all ears.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Have you tried following the creator's patreon's page? Following a patreon is free

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Other ideas:
- Follow the creator/uploader (or both) here.
- Bookmark the pages and check weekly (or monthly, some updates may take that long).
- Leave the alerts as they are, ignore them manually (so basically do not read them) and only visit the url and keep an eye on it to see if it changes as the url includes the game's version (For instance my signature points to "r2" thread but when clicked it will become r5).
- If you are keeping track of only a few games, get a signature for them. Not only you will be supporting them by spreading the word but you can use the method above and occasionally click them to see if the url updates with the new version.