4.50 star(s) 17 Votes

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Fantastic cinematic, but it is extremely absurd to spend time and resources in this type of stuff when you have barely put out any content yet, when you haven't established yourself as a well-supported dev, and when you haven't released anything in 8 months approx.
I hated it when Dream Games was pushed to leave this site; I had exchanged a few messages with him/her and they seemed like a really nice person. But it is what it is: no-one is attracted to these games by this type of cinematics; all starting devs should use their time to build a larger fanbase by providing more frequent updates with an interesting story and lots of scenes.

Den1mo

Aug 26, 2023

Hello everyone! I was supposed to release a devlog today, but I'm bringing some different information, perhaps more positive

Next month (May), I'll release Chapter 1
. I won't give an exact date, but you can partially count on May 30 (I'll explain the reason below)

Currently, I have the last 3 scenes in the render queue, with 2 being completely new and not present in the old version. I still have a bit longer list of images to render as "extra content" + rewards, but that's nothing too demanding

For now, I won't give precise info on how much content Chapter 1 offers because I still need to add/create/render some stuff, but I can at least give approximate numbers:

• Choices: 28 (all of them leading to some outcome)
  • Writing: 19,045 words (so far - 15% of the script isn't coded yet)
  • Animations: 5,877 frames/images (including two cinematics, one of which is on )
Even though I haven't finished everything yet, I can say with a clear conscience that the new Chapter 1 is twice the size of the old version, not to mention the animations

What can I tell you? I'm cooking!

So, the reason why I would like to release it on May 30 is:

Next month will see many big game updates, and I consider it unnecessary for a small developer like me to squeeze in between them. After all, let's not kid ourselves - 99% of players will prefer their favorite game. There's nothing wrong with that (let's be clear), but I would just be robbing myself of potential attention that I could gain outside of these updates. At the same time, I set this date with a big lead time in case something goes wrong, so at least I don't have to delay

The release will follow the old rules - Chapter 1 will be free. However, I thank everyone who joins here even without having to pay for the game

As you know, I'm pretty active, whether on or on Patreon. However, I'd like to say that I won't be making any more devlogs until the release. I want to focus on finishing now, and besides, I'd have to start delving into spoilers if I wanted to show you anything, which I definitely don't want to do. I'll still be active, but I'll take a bit of a break in this part of my duties. I hope no one is offended and you understand

PS: Before the release, I'll still publish some more precise info regarding the update, and it's possible that the date may change and be sooner. However, for now, what I said still stands

Stafe safe out there and thank you for your support!

4.50 star(s) 17 Votes