Mod Unity Big Brother: Image Preview Menu [v0.13.0.007] [hello8008135]

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I first want to say that I know this mod isn't really necessary since we already have Big Brother Image Extractor but I felt like having an alternative option to view images from Big Brother was something that people might find somewhat interesting or useful. And that is what this mod is, it creates a new option in the notebook which allows you to pick any image in Big Brother (version 0.13) and preview it.

The names of the images in the menu are the same as the file names in the "Image" directory so it can be quite difficult to find the image you want unless you remember the name or are able to understand the somewhat cryptic file names. To reduce load times and make the whole thing stable, the menu is split into 196 different menus which hold 10 images each (1975 different images). Navigating through the images is easy and quick which can be achieved via the next and previous options.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How to use:
Changelog:
I'm interested in what people think of this or if anyone will use it. It doesn't matter if no one thinks it's useful because this was more of a challenge that I set myself which I thought was worth an upload on here. I may update this mod as new versions of Big Brother are released but this isn't a promise so apologies if this doesn't happen.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
can not instal da mod. it just open a new tab ...........
Oh yeah, for some reason I decided to check everything apart from seeing if the file downloads properly. When it opens in a new tab, either right click anywhere where the text is and select Save As (or CTRL + S). When you save it, make sure the file name is Mod.txt and not "66870_Mod.txt" like its default is. Thanks for letting me know, I really should have not been lazy by actually checking it.

f95poke

Apr 21, 2017
It's nice to preview images but here are the major issues.

1) Loading each image takes 5-8 seconds (windows task manager at some points show the BB.exe not responding), meaning this code is insanely inefficient.

2) You cannot click go to next image, or to the previous image. You must always go back and scroll down to find where you left off.

This mod is too slow to be of any use that brings enjoyment.

Reactions: hello8008135

Non To NTR

Dec 27, 2017
Oh yeah, for some reason I decided to check everything apart from seeing if the file downloads properly. When it opens in a new tab, either right click anywhere where the text is and select Save As (or CTRL + S). When you save it, make sure the file name is Mod.txt and not "66870_Mod.txt" like its default is. Thanks for letting me know, I really should have not been lazy by actually checking it.
Thanks ^_^.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
It's nice to preview images but here are the major issues.

1) Loading each image takes 5-8 seconds (windows task manager at some points show the BB.exe not responding), meaning this code is insanely inefficient.

2) You cannot click go to next image, or to the previous image. You must always go back and scroll down to find where you left off.

This mod is too slow to be of any use that brings enjoyment.
Thanks for taking the time to test and give feedback. The main problem causing the long load times is the amount of 'choices' that appear on one screen. I removed all entries but a few (which is obviously how the game is intended to be used) and there is no wait at all between displaying the menu and images. As for being able to go to the previous or next image, this is easy to implement but it would take a very long time to add two options to each image screen which would have to specifically direct to another image (I say this but there may be a built in way to do it, i'm very unfamiliar with BB and its Mod.txt syntax so if there is a built in way, I don't know about it.)

I'm motivated to go back to this at a later date and recreate it so it isn't such a painful experience to use. When I made this, I created it mainly manually typing it all by hand and using find/replace to make the whole process efficient. When I do remake this, i'll code something together that'll allow me to input the file names and it'll just generate the code for me.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
I couldn't handle it. The feeling that I had put something out there for people to enjoy, something I coded and it was really unstable and not enjoyable . It legit played on my mind so for the past 3 hours, I have been recreating my image preview menu with the great feedback from
...and here it is.

I have split the images up into 185 different menus, each containing 10 different images (Making up the total of 1848 images). This change has drastically improved the speed at which images and the menu displays. The other change is on each image, there is now a next and previous option which will display the next or previous image in the menu. This will make browsing images much more flexible.

Hopefully people enjoy the changes.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
DOEs it conflict with the other mod????
Thanks for the question. Whilst it is not possible (as far as I can tell) to use two or more mods in separate Mod.txt files, copying and pasting contents from one Mod.txt into another should work however if two of the mods use the same reference names, then it'll probably get confused and only link to one thing or it'll just refuse to run.

If you can't get my mod working with another mod, let me know which mod you want to get working alongside it and I'll attempt to merge the two mods. If you do merge mods, I would appreciate it if you don't repost it elsewhere.

Non To NTR

Dec 27, 2017
Thanks for the question. Whilst it is not possible (as far as I can tell) to use two or more mods in separate Mod.txt files, copying and pasting contents from one Mod.txt into another should work however if two of the mods use the same reference names, then it'll probably get confused and only link to one thing or it'll just refuse to run.

If you can't get my mod working with another mod, let me know which mod you want to get working alongside it and I'll attempt to merge the two mods. If you do merge mods, I would appreciate it if you don't repost it elsewhere.
Nah you dont need to, if i want to view the images of the game then before i install your mod, i will back up the old mod.txt file to ensure if i want to play the game more than view it.

Nov 21, 2017
So I downloaded and moved the Mod.txt file into the game directory but the option isn't appearing on the laptop. I'm currently running version .12.0.005

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
So I downloaded and moved the Mod.txt file into the game directory but the option isn't appearing on the laptop. I'm currently running version .12.0.005
I'm not too sure why the option isn't appearing. Both the original that I made and the one uploaded here (which I just downloaded and tested) works.

Just to make sure, is the name of the file exactly "Mod.txt" and is it placed in the same location as the .exe file of the game? If this is all true, would you be able to try another mod made by someone else to help determine whether this is a problem with my mod. I would also appreciate it if someone else could also try the newest version of my mod to see if this is a problem that everyone is having. Thanks

Nov 21, 2017
Yup, it's named Mod.txt. The M is even capitalized.

Yup, it's in the directory with the exe file.

I have and use the Big Brother: save editor, program. I don't think it's technically a mod but I'm not sure. And that's all I use for this game. It's fine if it doesn't work since I found an image decryption program but having the images in game on the laptop would be nice.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
Yup, it's named Mod.txt. The M is even capitalized.

Yup, it's in the directory with the exe file.

I have and use the Big Brother: save editor, program. I don't think it's technically a mod but I'm not sure. And that's all I use for this game. It's fine if it doesn't work since I found an image decryption program but having the images in game on the laptop would be nice.
The Image Decryption Program is pretty good. Shame that i'm not able to get my mod working for you. Thanks for taking the time to check it out though.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017

how do I use that where to go?
It goes in the same folder as the executable for Big Brother. It also needs to be called Mod.txt. I would appreciate it if you could let me know if it works for. It works fine on my end but it didn't work for someone specific so I would like to see whether that is a universal issue.
upload_2018-2-2_23-8-8.png
Edit - I just found out that there is a newer version of Big Brother so this mod (in theory) should still work but it won't be able to display the new images in the 0.13 of the game. I will try to update the mod so it fully works with 0.13.

Jan 19, 2018
It goes in the same folder as the executable for Big Brother. It also needs to be called Mod.txt. I would appreciate it if you could let me know if it works for. It works fine on my end but it didn't work for someone specific so I would like to see whether that is a universal issue.
View attachment 64055
Edit - I just found out that there is a newer version of Big Brother so this mod (in theory) should still work but it won't be able to display the new images in the 0.13 of the game. I will try to update the mod so it fully works with 0.13.
thank you man

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
thank you man
I'm happy to announce that i've speedily rewrote the code from scratch to contain all the new images of version 0.13 and all the images from the previous versions. Please update with the new Mod.txt in the original post or on this post. Hopefully it is all working for you and others.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017
brother does not go way in 0.13.0.007 I got into the game and nothing appears to me at leptop at the game
I'm sorry to hear that it isn't working for you. I really cannot figure out why it's only working for me. I've tested it on various different devices and it has always worked. Despite this, I will continue to update this mod as each version of Big Brother is released.